The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 14:29:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350838 Posts in 28603 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  very bad day for me
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: very bad day for me  (Read 29380 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« on: March 26, 2008, 18:32:53 pm »

today is really a bad day, after my problem of broken spring  valves, today I go to PAT to recover the 61,  here me on the way even 1 km further, i engage me in a turn around  and here that the c4 share of the rear wheel-axle unit and the bug is put out of scissors and come to strike the back of the c4 , I look at the damages at first sight thefront wing and headlight to break anything other, then I take again the road, and not feeling me has ease I stop again to check the tow bar,et I call PAT to explain the thing to him, it says to me that it arrives with another tow bar, while waiting for I inspect the damage and return account to me that while trying to open the cap it is a little hard and I notice that my skirt is slightly folded and then I realize that the cap is not aligned any more with the cheek of wing before left the cheek returns from 1 cm, PAT arrives and it is noticed that the tow bar is slightly folded, not returning from there it before and that it surprised to see that the puma had folded at the time of the impact . I don't return from there, and one decides to see with Laurent the boss from old dreams car to see whether one can bring the car of continuation, thing made now thus me set out again here for a work of carrosery, front wing, rectification of the side to him before left and rectify the skirt, plus a new nose gear this car will have cost me more money than of pleasure than I would have some to roll with so much I would have the balls to make an accident or another thing   ,  I surely will put parts on sale
just one positive point on the new wings i don't put a new horn grill but in place  i will add lucas turn signal on each wings
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 18:34:57 pm by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 18:39:14 pm »

Cry Cry Cry

That is very sad Fabs. It looks bad now but there is nothing there that can not be fixed.

Rick

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Jim Ratto

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 18:39:22 pm »

at least you are ok, I am assuming??  Cars bend and break, and it is a pain in the ass, and expensive, but hopefully you're ok

I bent a beam once too....  no fun!!!! Damn rain and horsepower don't mix.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 18:43:33 pm »

at least you are ok, I am assuming??  Cars bend and break, and it is a pain in the ass, and expensive, but hopefully you're ok

I bent a beam once too....  no fun!!!! Damn rain and horsepower don't mix.
horsepower  Roll Eyes where jim ,the car was behind my ci*¤#en c4 fixed with the tow bar  Undecided  Cry Cry Cry

IP359

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 18:44:14 pm »

What a bad news Angry
I'm sure that your DAS's friends go to help you to rebuilt your bad ass car.
Keep going and we'll see very soon with your "new" '61  Wink
F.

Turtle001

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 18:47:11 pm »

damn fabs ! that sucks bigtime!

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 18:53:25 pm »

very sad....... at least you are ok !!!

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 18:53:59 pm »

Oh, MAN... Speedwell, this fully SUCKS. Very sad to hear of this.

Sad

Hopefully, you'll get it all fixed soon and the signals the way that you prefer.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 18:55:36 pm »

at least you are ok, I am assuming??  Cars bend and break, and it is a pain in the ass, and expensive, but hopefully you're ok

I bent a beam once too....  no fun!!!! Damn rain and horsepower don't mix.
horsepower  Roll Eyes where jim ,the car was behind my ci*¤#en c4 fixed with the tow bar  Undecided  Cry Cry Cry

I think that Jim was referring to when he bent his beam Fabs.  Wink

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 18:57:06 pm »

Just don't let it sit for 25 years like someone we know!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Sad Sad

louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 18:58:25 pm »

Sorry to hear about your accident Fabs. If you were here I would buy you a drink. If you need anything sourced from the states let me know if I can help. Fortunately it is not terminal and can be fixed.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 19:06:48 pm »

Just don't let it sit for 25 years like someone we know!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Sad Sad
yes rick same as  yours but without more damage  Undecided

@ louis :thanks buddy

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 19:11:20 pm »

Sorry Fabs. Can't help but feel really bad for you.  Cry

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 19:11:29 pm »

yes rick same as  yours but without more damage  Undecided

@ louis :thanks buddy

It's ironic that it is on the same side!

empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 19:15:18 pm »

too sad  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
can I help you
wolfswest

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 19:18:09 pm »

ah man, that sucks bigtime, first the springs, now this...  Head up!  Think about the sunny meetings this year:  EBI, DDD, etc!   we support you!

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 19:32:16 pm »

today is really a bad day, after my problem of broken spring  valves, today I go to PAT to recover the 61,  here me on the way even 1 km further, i engage me in a turn around  and here that the c4 share of the rear wheel-axle unit and the bug is put out of scissors and come to strike the back of the c4 , I look at the damages at first sight thefront wing and headlight to break anything other, then I take again the road, and not feeling me has ease I stop again to check the tow bar,et I call PAT to explain the thing to him, it says to me that it arrives with another tow bar, while waiting for I inspect the damage and return account to me that while trying to open the cap it is a little hard and I notice that my skirt is slightly folded and then I realize that the cap is not aligned any more with the cheek of wing before left the cheek returns from 1 cm, PAT arrives and it is noticed that the tow bar is slightly folded, not returning from there it before and that it surprised to see that the puma had folded at the time of the impact . I don't return from there, and one decides to see with Laurent the boss from old dreams car to see whether one can bring the car of continuation, thing made now thus me set out again here for a work of carrosery, front wing, rectification of the side to him before left and rectify the skirt, plus a new nose gear this car will have cost me more money than of pleasure than I would have some to roll with so much I would have the balls to make an accident or another thing   ,  I surely will put parts on sale
just one positive point on the new wings i don't put a new horn grill but in place  i will add lucas turn signal on each wings
Sorry to hear about your car Fabs Did the Empi Get any Damage? By Looking at the Pictures it is not that bad  the front can be pulled back out to get the hood to fit and a new fender and Beam and your on the road again Sure glad you were not hurt  see you Soon

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 19:43:21 pm »

ouch fabs!! this is a nightmare...
i'm sorry to hear that, glad you're ok yourself though!!

hope you'll be able to rebuild it all as soon as possible.

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Sarge

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 19:48:02 pm »

Of all the rotten luck, Fabs...like the others have posted, at least your OK.  I'm sorry for you buddy.

DKP III
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 20:14:38 pm »

Sorry to hear about your car Fabs Did the Empi Get any Damage? By Looking at the Pictures it is not that bad  the front can be pulled back out to get the hood to fit and a new fender and Beam and your on the road again Sure glad you were not hurt  see you Soon
gary the empi were remove before   now the car ran on original wheels just the time to receive my  torquer from the polisher
for the rest you're right
thx gary
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 20:16:23 pm by speedwell » Logged

Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 20:17:07 pm »

Fuck Speedwell, THAT SUCKS...!!!

Hope to see it on the Road soon... Wink

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 20:19:02 pm »

very sad....... at least you are ok !!!
thx carlos i'm ok but you know when it arrive and look your car for us  thats the car before us  Grin

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 20:20:20 pm »

Frank
normally i go to laurent bodyshop  the day of my birthday to take the car and hope she will be ready for karmann en montagne the 1st of june

roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 20:21:56 pm »

Just read your blog fabs, sorry to hear that... Sad

I'm sure Laurent is going to do a proper job on it, we both know he know what he's doing!

If you need a hand, just call me!

Glitter don't make you faster.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 20:22:52 pm »

ouch fabs!! this is a nightmare...
i'm sorry to hear that, glad you're ok yourself though!!

hope you'll be able to rebuild it all as soon as possible.
sorry died but no Vollgas Kreuzers  cruise for me
sorry buddy

Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 20:24:39 pm »

Frank
normally i go to laurent bodyshop  the day of my birthday to take the car and hope she will be ready for karmann en montagne the 1st of june

Sounds great Fabs...don't give up...remember they always come back stronger than before... Wink

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 20:25:45 pm »

Just read your blog fabs, sorry to hear that... Sad

I'm sure Laurent is going to do a proper job on it, we both know he know what he's doing!

If you need a hand, just call me!
thx roland , that's arrive may be 15 min after  the pictures i took of your ride
very nice , xav was working on this one

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 20:26:10 pm »

Frank

Sounds great Fabs...don't give up...remember they always come back stronger than before... Wink

Frank
i hope

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 20:30:59 pm »

Of all the rotten luck, Fabs...like the others have posted, at least your OK.  I'm sorry for you buddy.
thx jim , you quickly will make me forget that in 7 days  Wink

Donny B.

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 20:32:32 pm »

Damn! Sorry Fabs.  That just makes me sick!

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: