The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 00:03:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Are there any loungers in Phoenix that could help a brother out?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Are there any loungers in Phoenix that could help a brother out?  (Read 2819 times)
Sam K

« on: June 02, 2008, 01:37:43 am »

Here's the story. Back in March, I sold a 1992 Subaru Legacy (on payments) to an ex-hooker (literally!) that a friend vouched for. He swore up and down that she would pay, so against my better judgement, I let her take the car. As expected, she disappeard with our car. I filed police report and all that stuff, but I didn't hear anything else until today. I just got a phone call from the police telling me that the car was recently found in the Phoenix area. Apparently it is in some towing yard and they says the condition is "not driveable". I guess the phoenix cops need to fingerprint it and stuff and then they can release it to me, but it's probably not worth getting it back. I was wondering if, once I find out where exactly it is, somebody could go check it out and let me know, perhaps send some pictures. I figure "not driveable" could mean anything from flat tires and a dead battery to a blown engine. I'll report back tomorow once I know more, but I thought I'd see if anyone might be able to help me out. Thanks!

-Sam
Sam K

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:51:24 am »

I found out that my car is at an impound located at 2801 W. Osborn Rd., Poenix, AZ, 85017.
Speed-Randy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:02:46 am »

apparrently she drank your milkshake

Sam K

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 04:28:44 am »

It would seem that way, wouldn't it? I told my friend over and over that allowing anyone, let alone some ex-hooker from Vail make payments on a car was a terrible idea. At least we only paid $1000 for it. And since we jointly owned it, I'm only out $500.  Still sucks , though.
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:39:33 am »

Still sucks , though.
The deal or the hooker? Roll Eyes Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
nicolas

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 11:30:36 am »

probally both... but one is more expensive.

this really isn't cool. trusting people and gettin ripped off is so wrong.

and KS, what's up with the avatar-quote? need a place to sleep for the Classic?  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: