The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:53:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Today I have mostly been driving...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Today I have mostly been driving...  (Read 4990 times)
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« on: June 24, 2008, 17:56:33 pm »

In Portugal... the 2.0-litre DSG (paddle shift) is awesome! Shame the Yanks won't get the new Scirocco!  Cheesy

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 17:58:01 pm »

It is not my cup of tea  Lips Sealed
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 18:12:12 pm »

BUT, the stylist - Andreas Mindt - is building a big-engined Beetle... He´s a friend of Tobi DFL on herer. Great guy. The car is amazing. I´m not into hot hatches but you can´t argue against the fact that any VW with a turbocharged AND supercharged engine, with DSG trans is technically pretty interesting.  Smiley

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 19:17:32 pm »

More on the Scirocco pls.

Done ? Not Yet.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 19:29:38 pm »

In Portugal... the 2.0-litre DSG (paddle shift) is awesome! Shame the Yanks won't get the new Scirocco!  Cheesy

Yep, that IS a shame... but worry not. People will still bring 'em over here... like every desirable European spec car.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 20:45:25 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 20:40:53 pm »

BUT, the stylist - Andreas Mindt - is building a big-engined Beetle... He´s a friend of Tobi DFL on herer. Great guy. The car is amazing. I´m not into hot hatches but you can´t argue against the fact that any VW with a turbocharged AND supercharged engine, with DSG trans is technically pretty interesting.  Smiley

Just when did we go all Topgear around here  Huh Grin

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
ESH

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 09:18:26 am »

Going on what I know of their current range that should be a good car to drive, they seem to have got back to making their (sporty) models fun again.

Cool
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 13:04:50 pm »

For sure it is technically interesting to mix a turbo and a blower. The last time VW has used a supercharger in a car was on the G60, isn't it?
But aesthetically, it is not for me. Wink
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 13:09:19 pm »

oi loike it Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
TOM / EINHEIT 11

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 13:42:01 pm »

i was in Livignio ( italy ) last weekend for presenting the new GT Bicyclettes to the europeen press. At the same time,, Kw Gewindefahrwerk GmBH,, where there for testing their new suspension parts for the new scirocco. Its a perfect place for testing suspensions cause of the mountains and  Alpinepasses......
If U like the look or not, its one thing..........................But driving and specially gearing  this car is a super mega FUN FUN!
The DSG Trans is faster then the old one of the Golf RS and  rather faster then the 360 modena Ferrari ( i can tell because i used to have one in the past, hahahah)

That car will help VW make their accounts popping up again in 09

cheers TOM
ian c

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 01:17:53 am »

SO I TAKE IT THAT IT HAS A BFO TURBO AND A SUPERCHARGER RUNNING AT LOW BOOST TO STOP THE LAG ??

LANCIA GROUP B CAR HAD THIS . AND I THINK A LITTLE NISSAN Huh MICRA ??

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
TOM / EINHEIT 11

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 14:00:32 pm »

The S4 took full advantage of the Group B regulations. It featured a mid-mounted engine and all wheel drive for superior traction and handling. The car's 1759 cc four cylinder engine combined supercharging and turbocharging to reduce turbo lag at low RPM. Officially the car produced 550 horsepower (410 kW). Unofficial figures claimed the S4 could accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h on gravel in just 2.3 seconds. A engine capacity multiple of 1.4 was applied to forced induction engines by the FIA and the choice of 1759 cc put the S4 in the under 2500 cc class which allowed a min weight of 890 kg.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ian c

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 19:45:35 pm »

yip ....  headgaskets allways a problem onn that type of car .. so lancia built the car without one !!! Cheesy

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Tony M

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 21:44:50 pm »

customers cars

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: