The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 17:33:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  10 Guys that have influenced you with your VW in the last 12-18months
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 10 Guys that have influenced you with your VW in the last 12-18months  (Read 4150 times)
Russell

« on: October 17, 2008, 12:13:24 pm »

I know that in the other topic it was alife thing, however over the last 12-18 months, Ive made some new frieinds and even enhanced relationships with guys i knew to say high too.

So my rcent list that have influenced me are and in no specific order.

1) Keith S. because he always has something negative to say to help me take the next step .......

2) Doug Mische, met him before classic this year, really great guy and yes he is very good at the one liners.

3) Richie Webb, now this is a guy that has driven me on, over the last 18months his own exploits and his help/assistance and frendship has made me a big big fan of his.

4)EBI Crew, Kobus, Mike and Freddie, Thanks for EBI or i would'nt have any deadlines.......

5) Larry Mckennzie Met him at EBI1 after telling him to bring a hat, great guy and knows shit loads about drving and breaking things.

6) Ray Schubert, one word for him "Machine" agian at EBI 1 met Ray and then at EBI 2 made him head mechannic for VW Gasser Garage, worth his weight in BRM's

7) Matt Sanchez, doesnt really realise how funny he is, and what a memory for all things old VW

Cool Ron Flemming, After meeting him at EBI, His shop and speaking with him on the Underdog project, brilliant guy and kwnos what makes a VW tick.

9) Martin Golden Balls, has the best sense of hummor ever, and probaly the worst/slowest race car ever.

10) Im sure ive forgotten some one so this is for them.

Oh and the frends that make up the gasser garage crew, Kev, Wray and Dale, Thanks again.

Best Regards

Russell
dougmische

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 16:57:59 pm »

I know that in the other topic it was alife thing, however over the last 12-18 months, Ive made some new frieinds and even enhanced relationships with guys i knew to say high too.

So my rcent list that have influenced me are and in no specific order.

1) Keith S. because he always has something negative to say to help me take the next step .......

2) Doug Mische, met him before classic this year, really great guy and yes he is very good at the one liners.

3) Richie Webb, now this is a guy that has driven me on, over the last 18months his own exploits and his help/assistance and frendship has made me a big big fan of his.

4)EBI Crew, Kobus, Mike and Freddie, Thanks for EBI or i would'nt have any deadlines.......

5) Larry Mckennzie Met him at EBI1 after telling him to bring a hat, great guy and knows shit loads about drving and breaking things.

6) Ray Schubert, one word for him "Machine" agian at EBI 1 met Ray and then at EBI 2 made him head mechannic for VW Gasser Garage, worth his weight in BRM's

7) Matt Sanchez, doesnt really realise how funny he is, and what a memory for all things old VW

Cool Ron Flemming, After meeting him at EBI, His shop and speaking with him on the Underdog project, brilliant guy and kwnos what makes a VW tick.

9) Martin Golden Balls, has the best sense of hummor ever, and probaly the worst/slowest race car ever.

10) Im sure ive forgotten some one so this is for them.

Oh and the frends that make up the gasser garage crew, Kev, Wray and Dale, Thanks again.

Aw shucks.

Anybody here remember Dennis the Menace?  Now I understood the phrase "Great Scot!" 

Yer a good man yourself, Russell.  Thanks.

We should probably all stand in a circle so that nobody hurts their arms while we're all patting each other on the back...   Wink
Russell

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 20:50:51 pm »

thanks doug, but really not trying a back patting exericse.... over the last few years ive had to make some sincere efforts for EBI in order to have a selection of old race cars there and running and this year was no exception Richie, Larry, Ray, Kev, Ray and Dale all helped beyond the call of duty, its great to turn up at a show and see the cars run, but those who have tried to get one car ready will understand its not easy, however when  you see the cars and the mentions i have had in the magazines the peo thanksple that have supported and helped me to have these cars there and running ofen get overlooked, so in the last 12-18 months these people including yourself have contirbuted to both my enjoyment and pleasure within the VW scene, so to you all thank you again - please dont reply to this, id rather you listed 10 people who have recently hepled you with your VW life.

Best Regards

Russell
Jim Ratto

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 21:05:27 pm »

I no order really
My Wife Mary Ann: patience of a saint...
John Rayburn: wealth of wisdom and good humor
Mario @ Pauter: turned me onto the "911S copy cam"
Sarge: nobody keeps me enthused quite like my buddy Sarge
Rick Sadler: thanks for all of your help with "life saver" stuff
Carlos De Alabama: you're just too hot in that cape
DKK Fred: enjoy your stories and hanging out lately
Sheep, thanks for your patience while I do anything and everything besides work on your easy, simple, 5-min motor
Tony Wilkie: an old friend that keeps my interest in these old cars and me laughing about the old days
Dave Galassi: for listening to all my rambling opinions on life in general.

vwcab

peter

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 23:09:15 pm »

I can't give you 10 names,but for me in the first place are:
1.the people who started "THE CAL-LOOK LOUNGE   Wink
2.the EBI-crew,for bringing such a great show   Cheesy
3.Rusell @ Gassergarage,for bringing his beautiful cars to that show!  Shocked
4.ALL the "LOUNGERS",nice to 'talk ' to you,about our favorite hobby!!!!
                                                                                                      SO,THANK YOU ALL:grtz,Peter

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 23:36:58 pm »

Carlos De Alabama: you're just too hot in that cape

HAHA!! Alabama... too funny.

Haunting image, yes?

In the last 12-18 months? That's pretty easy, 'cause they're all here, on this great website... The Lounge. Pretty much 99.9% of everyone, here. In particular, Rayburn and Schwimmer for always being longtime great friends and true VW addicts. Also for helping with advice during my car purchase earlier this year and John for dialing in my carbs.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 23:45:47 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
dougmische

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 03:21:22 am »

id rather you listed 10 people who have recently hepled you with your VW life.

OK, here goes...

Keith Seume and Russell Ritchie - for telling me about the return of my Ghia  the night they came 'home' after the pre-Classic cruise at Nick's (also Keith, for bothering to write about it in your new book, and Russell, for buying the Wocket just to make the Ghia build possible.)

Jeremy Jordan - for asking everybody who owned the Ghia in the picture you had.finding me and talking Ruben into selling it back to me

Ruben Portillo - for selling the Ghia (his daily driver) back to me even though he really wanted to keep it.

Bill Rodgers - for the 84mm Okrasa crank, Carillo rods and other period pieces that will be used for the project

Geoff Peterson, Larry Rick, Steve Walker and Rick Sadler - for offering impossible to find collector pieces from their personal collections so I can make the Ghia look as it did way back when

Steve Beecher - for always offering hard to find stuff whenever I've needed it, including all the latest stuff too.

That's already 10, and I have a lot more guys to mention.  You know who you are; so do I, and you are all very much appreciated.

Sincerely

Doug Mische
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 17:48:49 pm »

Bringing this one back to life .... Just GOTTA say THANKS to these People!
Either the influence of these people or simply meeting and coming to know you, it has changed my life.

1.) Gary 'Shubee' Shubrook, It's really ALL his fault for reinvigorating my love for my car and this hobby and getting me out to SoCal for the 1st time.
2.) Jeff 'UD' Denham, every time I see and/or talk with him it makes me trust 'people' more; a great friend and oustanding person and a true artist.
3.) Bill Rodgers, always fun to talk Engines and also responsible for SoCal visit and taking me to the DKP reunion in '10, really BIG deal for me.
4.) Danny 'Gabby' Gabbard, love bouncing ideas off him and a wealth of techniques and information, Brother of Jack says it all ...
5.) Tim Scholl, all-around great guy and thanks for letting me ramble
6.) The Bergs, meeting Gene back in the 80s here in Texas, then finally meeting Gary, Dee & Clyde & chatting with Doug, y'all have always been an inspiration and pushed my personal goals for my own quality standards
7.) Barbara, my wife & partner, for NOT telling me I'm crazy for changing or doing something different ... AGAIN
8.) Roger 'BigR', my brother & best friend, for looking at me like I'm CRAZY when I decide to change or do something else ... AGAIN.
9.) All the other GREAT people I've finally got to meet in person lately ... You know who You are Wink YES! I'm talking about You! LOL
10.) All you crazy Loungers ... this place is GREAT and the people are Better, LOL! Grin

Most Sincere Thanks to you ALL!
TxT
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:50:50 am by TexasTom » Logged

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 17:58:40 pm »

Jim - My Mentor
UD

Done ? Not Yet.
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 00:48:59 am »

11.) Bear Barrilleaux, if he's still doin' it after these years, why shouldn't I? Damn good guy ... one COOL Fukka Wink
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:51:04 am by TexasTom » Logged

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Derjava66

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 03:45:36 am »

My uncle for starting it all when I was just a wee tike
Mark AKA Dkk Fred for helping to reignite this passion
all the new friends Ive made a cruises since getting back into the hobby
And all the guys on this forum for being so helpful

Thats it for now, untill I can think of more.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: