The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 08:51:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Old Paperwork
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Old Paperwork  (Read 5629 times)
Sarge

« on: October 18, 2008, 01:00:48 am »

Looking through the file cabinet for something today and stumbled across some old paperwork...  What ever happened to the CHEAP good old days? Huh Grin

DKP III
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 03:07:42 am »

VERY cool stuff, Sarge, I just found a huge envelope with just about every receipt for my orange car. Scary that I kept that all of those years. Great find that you've got there.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 06:40:03 am »

Hey Sarge! You still owe Fumio some cash! And it looks like Autocraft charged you for a pig stick.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:00:59 am by John Rayburn » Logged

I also park at Nick's.
Sarge

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 13:33:47 pm »

VERY cool stuff, Sarge, I just found a huge envelope with just about every receipt for my orange car. Scary that I kept that all of those years. Great find that you've got there.

Scarier yet, how much we spent on our cars instead of buying groceries and stuff for the house  Shocked..... sssssshhhhhh, quiet!!! Grin

Hey Sarge! You still owe Fumio some cash! And it looks like Autocraft charged you for a pig stick.

I don't know about a pig stick.... I DO know I got severely charged for everything else over there though Shocked   As for Fumio....looks like he only cc'd the 1-2 head so I got a $195 discount Roll Eyes Grin

Here's a couple more receipts....  I think the Berg receipt is the cheapest I ever got out of there!  Good thing those NPR 92's were so cheap... we went through a lot of 'em back then!

DKP III
deano

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 15:07:31 pm »

Looks like John Lazenby signed that Auto Haus receipt...

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Sarge

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 16:15:46 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked $$$$$$$!!! Grin  Good eye!

Not a receipt, but....  say, that gal at the bottom of page two looks familiar Wink

DKP III

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 16:21:57 pm »

That newsletter is precious Sarge !
 Smiley
Sarge

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 16:30:32 pm »

That newsletter is precious Sarge !
 Smiley

Wish I'd taken better care of it.... ya never know!

DKP III
Casey

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 17:17:06 pm »

Very cool Sarge!

DKP III
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2008, 17:17:13 pm »

Sarge, did you go to that event with Inch Pincher?

I also park at Nick's.
Sarge

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 17:35:37 pm »

Sarge, did you go to that event with Inch Pincher?

No.... us DKP'rs kept a wide berth from the Volkschargers.  They were considered to be greasy Whittier types that were more into cruising and schmoozing rather then high performance... not to mention the fact that they were not from the OC. Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
deano

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 17:56:52 pm »

I like the Meltebeke flyer that shows their address is on Central Ave., and not (now) La Habra Blvd. I spent a lot time and $$ in that parts department...

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Sarge

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 18:19:44 pm »

I like the Meltebeke flyer that shows their address is on Central Ave., and not (now) La Habra Blvd. I spent a lot time and $$ in that parts department...

I remember a time John Lazenby and I took his '63 there for a new 010 distributor install... I'm thinking there was a cosmetic flaw on his old one Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 22:08:24 pm »

say, that gal at the bottom of page two looks familiar Wink

that's miss sharon  Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Sarge

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 22:44:31 pm »

say, that gal at the bottom of page two looks familiar Wink

that's miss sharon  Wink

....and a FREE BEER to you, Fabs! Wink

DKP III
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 02:26:11 am »

How many young VW guys wrote in to the mag for the contact of that nice girl???  Her boyfriend's in the army...no worries!!!   Wink  That's a cool piece of history.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
johnl

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 21:44:32 pm »

I remember a time John Lazenby and I took his '63 there for a new 010 distributor install... I'm thinking there was a cosmetic flaw on his old one Roll Eyes Grin

Jim,  I remember that time we went to Meltebeke for distributor install, but "cosmetic flaw"??  It was probably something more like dirt on the old unit !!  The Auto Haus receipt is not my writing although I remember those forms very well.

Looking forward to seeing you and others this weekend.  Planning on bringing something non "Chrysler Hemi" or BMW.  Should bring a smile to your face.

John Lazenby

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 61 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2024

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 21:54:27 pm »

hy john welcome on board

have you some old picturs to share with us of the butternut sedan

thx
fabs

Sarge

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 22:06:55 pm »

Jim,  I remember that time we went to Meltebeke for distributor install, but "cosmetic flaw"??  It was probably something more like dirt on the old unit !!  The Auto Haus receipt is not my writing although I remember those forms very well.

Looking forward to seeing you and others this weekend.  Planning on bringing something non "Chrysler Hemi" or BMW.  Should bring a smile to your face.

John Lazenby

Hahahahaaaaa.... that's it, it was dirt! Shocked Roll Eyes  Can't wait for Saturday... glad your going to make an appearance.  I'm ready for a surprise! Grin

DKP III
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 22:09:08 pm »

john will go to the party with a vw  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes............. Grin Grin Grin

johnl

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 22:16:52 pm »

Thanks as I've been out of the loop for a period.  Back in April shortly after the Bug-in was the last time I had driven our '63 until yesterday.  After setting for seven months it fired right up and down the road I went.   I broke my right ankle and was out of commission on doing much.  All of the (few) photos I have are upstairs in my garage.  We had custom cabinets made and I was in the middle of going through stuff trying to get it organized and the the ANKLE.

I'm getting back to the task upstairs and hope to have some stuff pulled togther soon.  Once I do I will make every effort to share it with all.  My longtime friend Terry Terrell (DKP) gave me a beautiful DKP item that was framed some months ago.  I'm now working a a section of the wall dedicated to some early DKP items I have.

Don't know if I've mentioned this before but I think I'm the only guy on my block with a complete VW engine on a stand on the second floor of his garage and there is no lift to get it there!!!  I guess if I had a lift I'd have a Chrysler Hemi or two up there as well, but they live on the lower level.

John

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 22:26:16 pm »

thx john  Wink

johnl

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 22:47:27 pm »

john will go to the party with a vw  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes............. Grin Grin Grin

Actually I was thinking of bringing our Mercury Mountaineer as this is the type of vehicle that old VW people end up with !!! Shocked Shocked

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 22:55:13 pm »

Actually I was thinking of bringing our Mercury Mountaineer as this is the type of vehicle that old VW people end up with !!! Shocked Shocked
Grin Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: