The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 13:04:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  anyone know who's old DKP car this is?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: anyone know who's old DKP car this is?  (Read 26336 times)
nicolas

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2009, 06:51:40 am »

Lets move on about this and bitch about something else.

So

type4's is it callook or not???

Grin Wink
Peter Roberts

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2009, 14:47:32 pm »

Maybe the current DKP , could have some ' DKP Heritage ' stickers made , or something like that . So that  when a car is transferred/sold , from the non original builder/owner , the current or past stickers could be removed , and if removed intact , put on a display board , with information about the original owner/builder , that could be displayed when the car is on show .

The current owner of the car would be responsible for maintaining the car to the DKP standards and style of the applicable era , this could be vetted by the current DKP members .

It would kind of give you a ' DKP Heritage ' society , which would give the new owners something to belong to , and make sure that the previous DKP rides . stayed in time-warp condition .

So they wouldn't be a DKP member , but a custodian of the heritage of the club ?

Maybe a black and white 'DKP Heritage ' sticker or badge ?

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2009, 17:42:28 pm »

I have a nice collection of various club stickers and Tshirts dash plaques etc ...I also have a few DKP stickers original one and as  well as new generation and Tshirts too. I like to display them ONLY. I will have them again at the BUG-IN I have told many lookers they are for display ONLY not for sale so the DKP club knows me better.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
richie

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2009, 20:28:44 pm »

Lets move on about this and bitch about something else.

Shouldnt I have got some stickers with those wheels you lent me? Shocked Cheesy Wink 

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2009, 20:59:38 pm »

Maybe the current DKP , could have some ' DKP Heritage ' stickers made , or something like that . So that  when a car is transferred/sold , from the non original builder/owner , the current or past stickers could be removed , and if removed intact , put on a display board , with information about the original owner/builder , that could be displayed when the car is on show .

The current owner of the car would be responsible for maintaining the car to the DKP standards and style of the applicable era , this could be vetted by the current DKP members .

It would kind of give you a ' DKP Heritage ' society , which would give the new owners something to belong to , and make sure that the previous DKP rides . stayed in time-warp condition .

So they wouldn't be a DKP member , but a custodian of the heritage of the club ?

Maybe a black and white 'DKP Heritage ' sticker or badge ?

I have to agree with this idea in principle , but it could get a little complicated . Undecided
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:21:13 am by 49-rag » Logged

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2009, 22:53:44 pm »

66 posts and (now) just 20 from DKP members, past or present. It's interesting that more non-members have opinions about the subject than members!  Cheesy

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Sarge

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2009, 22:56:58 pm »

Shocked  make that 21 Roll Eyes Wink

DKP III
low oval
DKK

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2009, 02:30:29 am »

sarge,
make that 67 to 21.  here's my $.02, if your not in the club, get rid of the stickers.  you can easily R/R the glass, and keep the old stickers as an art piece on the old window.  If you were in the club, and the club is no more, keep the stickers.
jim

"and that's when the cops showed up"
Dustin

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2009, 04:33:48 am »

Make that 67 to 22!

In light of the constitution Sarge posted, I realized that I never got a set of keys to the clubhouse!  Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers III
www.dkpcarclub.com

'69 Tangerine Orange Karmann Ghia- In progress
'66 Marina blue Chevy II Nova Hardtop- Project mothballed
low oval
DKK

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2009, 06:01:53 am »

did you ever check out that video?

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2009, 06:25:48 am »

Maybe one answer would be to have two types of decals? Active members would have that stated on the decals "ACTIVE" with the DKP logo and others who are not wouldn't; just the logo. I do agree and it is a good point that if the member is not active anymore he/she shouldn't display the stickers; but here is an alternative.
Just an outsiders opinion looking in. Wink

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
54Kab

Steve Mortimer

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2009, 21:02:10 pm »

-club stickers are for club members. Period.

If anyone has bought a car that has club stickers left on, I don't see any justifiable reason to keep them on.

[Surely] the car is bought on its merits AS A CAR. -anyone who says otherwise is admitting they paid a premium for a sticker ...  Cheesy

..lastly, if someone wants to 'show-off' that their car used to belong to a club, and meet that clubs measurements (quality or otherwise), then anyone who is likely to be interested will know the car anyway(!) -sticker or no sticker...

Time to move on me thinks...   Wink

---------------------------------------------------------

'Super Sano Street cars' for me, thank you
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2009, 22:16:48 pm »

It's a good job volkswagen didn't feel the same way Cheesy

or perhaps they did and the beastie boys were in charge of a movement to remove the badges and return them to the fatherland Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
MacRavens

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 02:19:12 am »

I have a nice collection of various club stickers and Tshirts dash plaques etc ...

Hello Frenchy,
I think you are the only "non DAS member" to own a "Der Autobahn Scrapers" original stickers in your display cabinet ! Thanks Wayne Smiley)) Be our guest Smiley

About the stickers removed or not if a club car is sold...
DAS rules says also the stickers must be removed. And if the DAS member or ex DAS member did'n did it. When we saw the car at a show, we talks wit the new owner and we remove the stickers by our own.

As an exemple :
The Jums sold the blue 68 to Roland whit the stickers. Next show we remove them after argumentation... It was not easy to undersand for Roland at this time !
Now Roland grows-up, make is classes, undersand what's happend in the club, and find is own way in the club. He realy deserve is new stickers last year at EBI2. Almost ten years after he bought the 68. Good job Rol !

Join the DAS is not a easy way but when you are in, you are in ! Smiley The man make the car not the opposite !

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:32:24 am by MacRavens » Logged

Sarge

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2009, 04:16:44 am »

.... "The man make the car not the opposite!"

Well said, Mike! Smiley Cool

DKP III
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2009, 08:58:05 am »

.... "The man make the car not the opposite!"

Well said, Mike! Smiley Cool

Totally correct, so anyone trying to look good through a car based on its sticker is going to make an ass of himself anyways.
I understand that Russell is in a different position, but in that case I think everyone else also see the difference.

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

MacRavens

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2009, 10:53:29 am »

[/quote]

I understand that Russell is in a different position, but in that case I think everyone else also see the difference.
[/quote]

I agree whit you !

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2009, 17:35:32 pm »

I had those stickers now for about 8 years or more also I have a T Shirt from your club. At the Bug In this year I will have other club T Shirts to display.

Thanks
    Frenchy

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2009, 18:39:10 pm »

Join the DAS is not a easy way

i know something about that  Undecided

now 15 years i know the guys from the club

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Wayne

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2009, 21:52:12 pm »

So am I still considered a DAS member???  I just finished a nice 55 that needs some decals.  Whats up Mike, Rowan, Fred, Kobus and all the other DAS fellas !!!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 22:04:33 pm by Wayne » Logged
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2009, 02:32:20 am »

Saw that at Phoenix. Looked nice Smiley

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
low oval
DKK

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2009, 04:46:43 am »

So am I still considered a DAS member???  I just finished a nice 55 that needs some decals.  Whats up Mike, Rowan, Fred, Kobus and all the other DAS fellas !!!

beautiful oval.

LuftsickTero

« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2009, 06:42:10 am »

Do you have any photos in electronic format of your black 'Vert?

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
MacRavens

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2009, 11:02:02 am »

Hey Wayne ! Wat'up ?
Your 55 is realy amazing ! Like always you put a realy good taste on it ! I remember well your magnificent black 65 convertible. I stil have your Bugorama Trophy in my office ! It make me feel good when I remember these two months in the US Smiley We met so many cool people we stil knew today as friends !

When DAS club begin, we attempt to do some thing like a "Cal-Look quality label" from our Stickers. Cal look "Old-school" beetle were not so many 15 years ago. After some desapointment (Wayne were not a desapointment at all Smiley) we realise our plan was impossible to do in practice. The club circle of influence is effective from aprox 30 miles from Waterloo our home town. And when we see each other realy often. Once a week from almost 17 years...
So Wayne, to answer you Q : you are not a effective member but, as Frenchy, a good old honorary Member Smiley
If one of you come to live near Waterloo one day... Call me for stickers Wink

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:05:23 am by MacRavens » Logged

Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2009, 15:56:30 pm »

...I just finished a nice 55 that needs some decals.  Whats up Mike, Rowan, Fred, Kobus and all the other DAS fellas !!!

That is a sweet ride, Wayne. Nice job! If you've got more pics of your car, please share them with us.

Thanks,
--Eric

Sarge

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2009, 16:06:41 pm »

I agree.... more pics!!!

DKP III
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2009, 16:47:17 pm »

Merci beaucoup a mais copain en Belgique vous avais un club magnifique et des belle voitures.

Merci encore
     Jean - Louis Dehoux ( Frenchy )

Wayne

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2009, 18:20:51 pm »

Thanks guys!  Mike I understand regarding DAS (your still mad I did not wear the DAS shirt in the volksworld photo shoot of my vert!) it was a very nice compliment to receive the shirts and decals over 10 years ago!  The DAS club has progressed well!  I might take you up on the move to Waterloo!!!  I still got the vert by the way.  Take care my Belgium friends.
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2009, 02:10:57 am »

Last time I saw that 'vert was at the InterRail trainyard. I don't miss that job one bit!!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Cornpanzer

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2009, 02:02:13 am »

Nice Oval Wayne.  Hope you are well!  Smiley

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: