The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2020, 03:31:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
343944 Posts in 27421 Topics by 6418 Members
Latest Member: pik-64
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Croatian cal-lookers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Croatian cal-lookers  (Read 2583 times)
Doktor

« on: April 22, 2009, 23:48:47 pm »

Our aircooled scene is growing for sure, so I decided to show you two cars that I think are really cool.
First car is '67 cream white, and unfortunately - I didn't have chance to see it so there is just one picture.
Rumors are that owner invested about 15k in that car...

Second car is from my good friend Marco.
First owner was elderly lady who sold the car to a guy from city of Rijeka, and later, car surfaced in a classifields and was for sale for about 4500.
Marco wanted to buy the car from the first time he saw it in the classifieds and after some time, we managed to visit the owner and take a look at the car...
It was in perfect condition, almost no rot - I say almost, as I found a small hole of rot in the front bulkhead - nothing too serious and this will be fixed very soon !
Owner was wery surprised when I shown him that "inperfection" and Marco and I managed to lower the price to acceptable 3000...(owner commented that now he knows "Why they call me the Doktor")... Grin

some pictures:

Car features some things as: 1600 dual port engine with j-tubes and Kadron K300 sport exhaust, short gearbox, puma adjustable front beam, four lug drums, painted Empi 8 spoke alloys, original pop-outs, sport steering wheel, VDO tacho in a chrome housing, chopper custom mirrors... and modified rear hood with tunneled space for license plate.
Front end is lowered, tyres are 195-50 front and 205-60 rears. Interior features original door panels, seats and sunvisors and whole interior is unpainted from new !

Future plans include fitting T-bars all round, and since these pictures were taken, Marco changed rear taillights for some US spec red ones !
Will post new pictures later...

regards,
Doktor
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 00:54:47 am by Doktor » Logged

dr.aircooled
Gary Justus

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 00:19:39 am »

Not bad...............Nice to see some OOOC cars.
Doktor

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 09:05:36 am »

Glad you like them... Wink

dr.aircooled
kaferboy

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 09:37:32 am »

That tunneled rear plate looks straight out of the 1970's (in a good wy!) - cooL! Thanks for sharing....

Doktor

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 09:43:47 am »

That tunneled rear plate looks straight out of the 1970's (in a good wy!) - cooL! Thanks for sharing....

not at all... Wink

Owner of second car will soon log on the Lounge... Cool

dr.aircooled
ESH

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 10:47:27 am »

Great to see cars like this in places like Croatia. Thanks for posting, please stick up any more you have.

Cool
Black-Shadow

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 12:41:43 pm »

And here's the owner of the '66 cal-looker...

Thanks to Doktor for the pics, and thanks to all of you for your comments...

Some pics :

airstuff

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 13:42:25 pm »

cal-look sign doesen't make a cal looker  Wink

First of all,If  i were in your place,I would ditch this Kadron exaust,and put a nice 4in1 bugpack ceramic coated header,with dual quietpacks :)That would look nice on your car,even if they were black

Stance isn't bad for the beginning,mirrors wouldn't fit the rules,but other things would.

Also some t-bars insted of no bars Smiley

Then it would start looking more serious.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 13:44:00 pm by cal-look » Logged
Black-Shadow

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 14:17:52 pm »

You're right and I accept your cooments.

You have to know that i have in plan to change the exhaust with a dual quietpack and to put on T-bars or blade bumpers in the same color of the car, but now i have no time to realise these plans because i'm preparing my other bug (my first bug) from '74.

I have to finish the '74 bug so my girl can have a car.

Bye
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: