The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:39:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Ebay - sometimes you win sometimes you lose......
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ebay - sometimes you win sometimes you lose......  (Read 2512 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« on: April 30, 2009, 15:08:03 pm »

Well as the title says really - sometimes you win like with this - as you can see in the link its a rebuild kit for 1 ONE weber 40dcn carb, Soo I brought 2 kits - They turned up in the post today and guess what!? Well each kit is for a Ferrari 275GTB4 which has 6 SIX of these weber dcn's so now I have 12 TWELVE of every thing! 12 accelorator pumps, 12 gaskets, 12 needle valves etc etc  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230244043351&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

Now for the "Lose" part - I listed this fanhousing a couple of weeks ago and as you can see its not in the best of shape BUT its original VW and its Useable, anyway a guy won it for £10.00 + postage which is prettty cheap I think - But now the guy has recieved it he is NOT HAPPY - he say it is not as described but the damge/faults ARE shown in the pictures  Roll Eyes
Now even though I have given him a FULL refund straight away with NO questions he is nnow arguing about posting it back  Roll Eyes Smiley Oh well I hope its no one on here  Angry Wink Smiley

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180345362167&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

You either "Get It" or you don't......
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 15:34:19 pm »

You mean to say that used part is not immaculate and in as new, showroom condition Lee? Shame on you...

Wink

I think its fairly obvious from the pictures that its is as you describe.

Just goes to show how unrealistic peoples expectations can be with anything used - thats why I HATE selling cars! 'You mean to tell me its 40 years old and isn't like a new car?!'.

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 16:08:08 pm »

You mean to say that used part is not immaculate and in as new, showroom condition Lee? Shame on you...

Wink

I think its fairly obvious from the pictures that its is as you describe.

Just goes to show how unrealistic peoples expectations can be with anything used - thats why I HATE selling cars! 'You mean to tell me its 40 years old and isn't like a new car?!'.

Thankyou for backing me up dude - I thought I was going MAD  Tongue I mean WTF it a 40 year old second hand part that was only ever described as "Fairly good condition" oh well you'll ALWAYS get one idiot,

To make up for it though I did just sell an ols To#¤ta alloy that my ex flat mate left behind for £45!! Grin

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 18:14:04 pm »

You're telling me!!!
Bout a week and a half ago I was watching an NOS EMPI linkage set up for Solex 40P11. It was poorly advertised so I was very excited!! I was the leader until SOMEONE at the very last second eSniped the auction and won! Angry Ruined my whole fucking day because I would have won the thing for a paltry $45 and I NEED the damn thing, I don't want to just stare at it on a shelf!!! Shocked Anyway a week passes... Slinger texts me- "hey I just got this NOS EMPI linkage set up, I was gonna sell it unless you want it..." YEAH I SORTA DO YOU SONOFABITCH!! Roll Eyes At least now I know I'll end up with it... even if I have to pay out the ass for it Tongue

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: