The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:47:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKP Jackets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: DKP Jackets  (Read 37989 times)
deano

« on: October 03, 2009, 18:11:04 pm »

For those in the club that are fortunate enough to own one of these treasures.... What brand name jackets were used?

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Sarge

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 20:13:32 pm »

They were Peters.

DKP III
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 20:14:04 pm »

pictures  Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 20:17:58 pm »

They were Peters.

heh heh, he said peters

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 20:19:24 pm »

oh i found one picture with the jacket  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes...................... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

JeePee/DVK

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 20:32:45 pm »

Cool Jacket. Cool Cool Cool Tongue Tongue Tongue

Type 1 1964 2276cc IDA with Berg-5
Sarge

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 20:38:32 pm »

oh i found one picture with the jacket  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes...................... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Shocked who the hell is THAT, bro?? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

DKP III
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 20:40:35 pm »

the mysterious nacho libre  Grin Grin

Sarge

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 20:53:37 pm »

the mysterious nacho libre  Grin Grin

Huh Hmmmm... never heard of the dude.  He looks very annoying.....

DKP III
deano

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 22:22:51 pm »

That's a bit gay for a proper club jacket... wouldn't you say?

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 03:07:22 am »

Mine is made by "CASA BAY".
 Grin
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 04:15:18 am »

And.... you got this where??

I also park at Nick's.
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 04:21:50 am »

Chupa Cabra not Nacho Libre.......

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 04:41:57 am »

And.... you got this where??
Oooohhhh....someone's BUSTED! Could their be some members that are just in for the money?  Cry Cry Wonder who would commit such a crime? Undecided Smiley
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:46:13 am by vdubkid » Logged

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 04:56:03 am »

DKP Gone Wild!... Uncensored & Out of Control! Available on DVD and now on Blu-Ray! Must be 18 years old and over to order. Lips Sealed Grin
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:39:01 am by vdubkid » Logged

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
bilboa2

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 05:43:58 am »

I wanted a london fog....never got patch or jacket...bill
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 14:50:07 pm »

Richard, how did you obtain that jacket? Or is the image taken from a club member?

Huh

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 17:22:27 pm »

My DKP II jacket is a "Mr Legg's", the DKP III is a "Port Authority"...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 18:21:45 pm by Fastbrit » Logged

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Sarge

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 17:49:37 pm »

Richard, maybe you have a "one-off"... you sure you didn't have that made just for you Wink??

The first generation jackets were Peters... it was all we could afford.  Having a London Fog in the'60's required $$$$

DKP III
Russell

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 21:41:22 pm »

FRED

Surely it doesnt matter where he got it from...... as I have also and it doesnt matter where that came from either or does it ?

Best Regards

Russell
deano

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 23:52:05 pm »

Richard, maybe you have a "one-off"... you sure you didn't have that made just for you Wink??

The first generation jackets were Peters... it was all we could afford.  Having a London Fog in the'60's required $$$$

So Sarge, I thought you were a wine authority and not a "port" guru....

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 00:17:39 am »

Richard, how did you obtain that jacket? Or is the image taken from a club member?

Huh

Mark,
I obtained the jacket from an ex-club member. definitely not a "fake".
I have quite a large DKP collection, hats, sweatshirts, t-shirts, rally plaques, decals, hood badges, pins, etc., all from different club members over the years spanning DKP I,II,andIII.
Don't worry, I have no intention of posing as a member or decorating my car with the items.
Just a collection of a club I admire that will remain in my basement.
:-)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 00:46:47 am »

Mark,
I obtained the jacket from an ex-club member. definitely not a "fake".
I have quite a large DKP collection, hats, sweatshirts, t-shirts, rally plaques, decals, hood badges, pins, etc., all from different club members over the years spanning DKP I,II,andIII.
Don't worry, I have no intention of posing as a member or decorating my car with the items.
Just a collection of a club I admire that will remain in my basement.
:-)

Right on, Richard. That's what I figured. Thanks for your honesty.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:33:02 am by Trond Dahl » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
johnl

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 16:55:50 pm »

Here is a bit of history on the "original DKP Burgundy Jackets".  I worked at a tradiational mens clothing store, Howard Still's in the Broadway Center in Anaheim.  We carried the "Peters and London Fog Brands".  I sold most of the first jackets to club members.  The first batch as I remember were the Peters brand and then that company discontinued the burgundy color.  At that time we were able to get the London Fog brand, but the color was a bit different with a less solid color. 

The Fogs were actually a better quality product, but didn't have the look of the Peters, thus the Peters brand was everyone's first choice.  As I recall these jackets were in the $14 to $18 range which was a good amount of money back in the day.  To put the cost into prespective Gant long sleeve oxford button down shirts were about $5 and American Made.  Corbin slacks (I still wear them today) were about $20 (today well over $125) and last were "British Walker Shell Corodvan leather Saddle Shoes.  If you are not knowledgeable with "Shell Corodvan" leather it won't crack where your toes bend, but will roll.  These shoes were about $32 back in then and today would probably be close to $500 if you could buy them.  These were all items a lot of the members wore in the day as we took pride in our appearance unlike what I see in the youth of today.

So the question is, what is an original DKP jacket worth today?  My answer would be "PRICELESS".

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
simon uk

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 19:56:54 pm »

So the question is, what is an original DKP jacket worth today?  My answer would be "PRICELESS".[/b][/i][/color]

definitely, I love to come on here to see these fantastic items, the stuff you only see in books is brought to life by John, and many others who were there when it was all happening and like to recall tales of the old days. DKP stuff is sacred to most of us, and the chance to see these things is great. Knowing some of the history of the club, I would certainly say it is inappropriate if they were displayed on a car which wasnt connected with DKP. I wouldnt like to say if old members should sell their club stuff, but I can see the appeal in owning these things if you are an enthusiast, and they are for sale.

Si.
johnl

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 20:13:56 pm »

So the question is, what is an original DKP jacket worth today?  My answer would be "PRICELESS".[/b][/i][/color]

definitely, I love to come on here to see these fantastic items, the stuff you only see in books is brought to life by John, and many others who were there when it was all happening and like to recall tales of the old days. DKP stuff is sacred to most of us, and the chance to see these things is great. Knowing some of the history of the club, I would certainly say it is inappropriate if they were displayed on a car which wasnt connected with DKP. I wouldnt like to say if old members should sell their club stuff, but I can see the appeal in owning these things if you are an enthusiast, and they are for sale.

Si.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the kind words, but I just like sharing the history of what once was.  I look back at it as Camelot and am thankful I was able to experience it with some great friends. 

Last night I was at the DKP monthly event at Nick's and try not to miss them.  Myself, along with several of the original guys are so pleased that what we started as kids has grown into such a world wide thing.  Personally I'm thankful that I still have some of my original items, such as the membership card, DKP badge and my original patch along with other items.  My plan is to die with them.

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 20:25:19 pm »

Last night I was at the DKP monthly event at Nick's and try not to miss them.  Myself, along with several of the original guys are so pleased that what we started as kids has grown into such a world wide thing. 

That's cool! That was one of the questions I asked Sarge when I met him last year. Whats it like to see something that started out as a couple of kids fooling around with some cheap cars now an international hobby that thousands of people participate in.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Jim Ratto

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 20:30:37 pm »

Si.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the kind words, but I just like sharing the history of what once was.  I look back at it as Camelot and am thankful I was able to experience it with some great friends. 

Last night I was at the DKP monthly event at Nick's and try not to miss them.  Myself, along with several of the original guys are so pleased that what we started as kids has grown into such a world wide thing.  Personally I'm thankful that I still have some of my original items, such as the membership card, DKP badge and my original patch along with other items.  My plan is to die with them.

where were you John? I always seem to miss you.
johnl

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 20:31:42 pm »

Last night I was at the DKP monthly event at Nick's and try not to miss them.  Myself, along with several of the original guys are so pleased that what we started as kids has grown into such a world wide thing. 

That's cool! That was one of the questions I asked Sarge when I met him last year. Whats it like to see something that started out as a couple of kids fooling around with some cheap cars now an international hobby that thousands of people participate in.

--louis

For me I'd have to say I'm humbled by the way I'm treated by the younger guys.  Jim (Sarge) and I have not discussed it much, but I suspect he would agree.

johnl

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 20:34:38 pm »

where were you John? I always seem to miss you.

That was me with the walker !!  Grin Grin  Actually I said goodby to you when you drove out.  I was standing with John (Moon Man) Rayburn.  My '56 Chrysler 300B was parked in the first slot.  You can go back and still see the ground sunk in where it was parked...... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: