The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:45:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Welcome Clyde Berg
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Welcome Clyde Berg  (Read 17448 times)
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« on: January 14, 2010, 07:07:01 am »

Just saw Clyde joined the Lounge.   Welcome here Clyde look forward to your input.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
EL PINGO 66

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 07:13:39 am »

welcome mr. clyde 

saludos from mexico...
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:17:40 am »

Cool! Welcome to The Lounge, Clyde. Are we going to bowl again for the VW Classic for 2010?

Grin

That was a really cool event, by the way.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
bilboa2

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 07:39:32 am »

con amigo...for sure. welcome..bilboa
DOUG BERG

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 09:48:17 am »

I'VE HEARD OF THAT GUY !!!                                                                        I HEARD HIS WORK "SUCKS"........

CLU IS ONE OF THOSE 90 PERCENTILE.....              MORE THAN 90 % OF "US" HAVE 200 HP.OR MORE CAUSE OF CLU !!!

330HP.  18YRS AGO       S/S
                                                                                                                                     .                                                                             
                                                                                                                     .
                                                                                                   .
                                                                                       .                     
LOVE DOUG.

empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:04:33 am »

welcome clyde
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 10:43:23 am »

welcome to the lounge clyde  Wink

fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
RFbuilt

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 12:14:29 pm »

wlecome clyde berg!

gosh i love that car, and ver nice shots too!!

nice pics speedwell
Donny B.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 13:24:11 pm »

Good to see that you made it here Clyde.

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 13:35:52 pm »

Hi Clyde,

Was about Time you found this Place...!!! Wink Grin Grin

Your Friend,

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 17:44:13 pm »

Some say it's almost impossible for him to wear socks. And that he can open a bottle of beer with his testes...

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Clyde Berg

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 02:07:58 am »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yes I will be doing the Bowling tournament again this year it will be the Saturday of the VW Classic weekend I think its June 12.

Clyde
deano

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 02:52:38 am »

Super early, vintage Clyde and Doug Berg.... The date, Oct 30, 1969, at Deano Dyno-Soars on Borchard Ave, Santa Ana.....

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 02:55:30 am »

Thats one hell of a pedal car for a kid, Thought I'd say hey.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Rennsurfer

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 03:37:32 am »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yes I will be doing the Bowling tournament again this year it will be the Saturday of the VW Classic weekend I think its June 12.

Clyde

Right on, Clyde. Thanks for the info. We'll see ya there, again.

~Sarge
ugly duckling

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 05:00:42 am »

good to see ya LOUNGEN AROUND there clyde welcome dont be a stranger  Wink. UD .

delux67

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 08:12:43 am »

Hi Clyde
Hope you're well Grin
Do you know, I've been going through some old pictires in order to post some up here. You know who's face I see most?? Your little brothers. He sure got around when he was a kid. LOL
Mike Billings
DOUG BERG

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 19:17:05 pm »

FOR 17 DAYS OUT OF THE YEAR,,,       "WERE THE SAME AGE" !!!     (YES BOTH BORN IN THE SAME YEAR '61)      THE REST OF THE YEAR CLYDES THE YOUNGEST !!!

DOUG....

THATS ME BEHIND THE DOORS,,,        AND CLYDES A BLURRRR !!!

THAT PHOTO WAS TAKEN BY   

" MY MENTOR "    (AND JEDI MASTER)   
                                                         "THAT SHOW'D ME THE WAYS......       OF MAKE'N A BUG "DO LIGHTNING" !!!!

"I BELIEVE HE TAUGHT ME WELL" !!!  AND GAVE ME "THE TOOLS" TO MASTER OUR CRAFT
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 19:27:35 pm by DOUG BERG » Logged
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 19:41:41 pm »

Shocked Shocked the car was destroyed at this point ,  Either they cut the car after the crash Huh

deano

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 04:13:16 am »

FOR 17 DAYS OUT OF THE YEAR,,,       "WERE THE SAME AGE" !!!     (YES BOTH BORN IN THE SAME YEAR '61)      THE REST OF THE YEAR CLYDES THE YOUNGEST !!!

So what you are saying is that Clyde and you are actually twins, it's just your mom was in labor for 11 months...

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
fish

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 04:26:06 am »

Gene was a busy man........and a legend, I will however not welcome you Clyde, because I feel this forum is more yours than mine & I feel a privilege to be in the company of both you, Doug and some other highly valued people on here.

Had a fight with a Magneto, it won!
bedjo78

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 08:57:44 am »

Hi Clyde,

I'm from Indonesia

I got a brand new 044 hand ported heads by You from a good friend of mine. really nice heads

SPEEDWELL66

VW DRAG RACING.....MEXICAN STYLE!!

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 09:35:39 am »

BERG RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWW.VOLKSSTYLE.COM
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 11:33:57 am »

Hey Clyde, long time fella

Welcome to the Lounge. Grab a beer and kick back its  a nice place to be.

Martin Taylor

Martin

9 sec street car, its just simply not fast enough

Swing axle to CV convertion is on the website now

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
Rennsurfer

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 16:46:54 pm »

So what you are saying is that Clyde and you are actually twins, it's just your mom was in labor for 11 months...

Grin

~Sarge
DOUG BERG

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 18:59:40 pm »

DEANO,,,

IS THERE ANY "POSSIBILITY" YOU COULD POST THE PIC YOU TOOK OF CLYDE IN PHOENIX...........

"ON ONE WHEEL" !!!

(MAYBE MY "GREEN CAR" FROM PHOENIX ALSO)

RICK M. ALWAYS MADE SURE "US KIDS" COULD .....         

"GET A GRIP"

OUGSTER....
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 19:30:02 pm »

DEANO,,,

IS THERE ANY "POSSIBILITY" YOU COULD POST THE PIC YOU TOOK OF CLYDE IN PHOENIX...........

"ON ONE WHEEL" !!!

(MAYBE MY "GREEN CAR" FROM PHOENIX ALSO)

RICK M. ALWAYS MADE SURE "US KIDS" COULD .....         

"GET A GRIP"

OUGSTER....
i 've this one of your old ride  Wink

deano

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 19:49:12 pm »

Fabs, yes that is one of mine. Man, I loved using that old 6x7 Pentax camera with the lead-shutter lense. Kicks the crap out of these new digitals....

Doug, that one-wheeled shot would take some searchin' to find the file...

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
drgouk

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 19:53:08 pm »

Doug, What was the story with your green machine? What did it it have in it?

Regards

David Gouk
DOUG BERG

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 19:54:08 pm »

YES  THATS THE CAR !!!       AND THE MOMENT IN TIME !!!          WELL IT'S JUST THAT......

"DEANO BEING THE VETERAN PHOTOGRAPHER"   THAT HE IS !!!
                                                                                     "WAIT'D A FEW MILISECONDS LATER !!!    
                                                                    WHEN   "THE REAL MOMENT IN TIME HAPPEN'S"     "ON LAUNCH"    
                                                                               AND THATS WHEN THE REARS TUCK UNDER !!!
                                                          AND:      "I BECOME WEIGHTLESS" ....      "ME  AND  THE ENTIRE CAR" !!!

IT ALL START'D ALONG TIME AGO,,,    

WHEN GENE & JIM SIBLEY WERE WORK'N LATE  (MID 60'S)
                                                                   JOKE'N 'BOUT MAKE'N ONE THESE "40HP ROCKET SHIPS" !!!!

"GET UP AND DANCE"....

"THEN IT GOT WORSE" !!!
                                                                               START'D JOKE'N 'BOUT "LEVITATE'N ONE" !!!

ONLY TROUBLE WAS....           ME & CLYDE DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE JOKE'N....

WE   "DIDN'T KNOW"    "WE COULDN'T DO IT" !!!

I LOVE MY MENTORS "FOR NOT" LIMITING MY BELIEF SYSTEM !!!

AND "THE CRAZY IDEAS" THESE GUYS CAME UP WITH ........

LOVE DOUG...

AFTER GET'N A BETTER  LOOK     "THERE START'N"    TO "TUCK"        SIB CALL'S IT         "THE OLE TUCK & DIVE" !!!

("MY MISTAKE"   IT CAME OUT HUGE AT THIS END !!!  IT LOOK'D LIKE BRIANS PIC.)    (FROM A 1/2 A FT. BEFORE DEANOS. TILL I SAW THE REARS)  THANKYOU SO MUCH !!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 22:32:44 pm by DOUG BERG » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: