The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:46:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350860 Posts in 28605 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Where is it now. Black 67 volksworld mid 90's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Where is it now. Black 67 volksworld mid 90's  (Read 12968 times)
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« on: February 19, 2007, 22:56:32 pm »

Just seen this picture on another site. I loved this car, where is it now hope it still in one piece. 

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 15:56:08 pm »

Just seen this picture on another site. I loved this car, where is it now hope it still in one piece. 

Ricky Riots old car, think it was eventually sold to somebody through terrys beetle srvices but in a lot less potent form
remember seeing KS race Ricky at the guildford cruise many years ago Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Rune
SCC Crew

Screwdrivers #7

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 16:28:23 pm »

Don't know anything about the 67, but the BRM wheeled split behind it will make a comeback this summer. First outing in about seven years. Can't wait  Smiley
Rocket Ron

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 17:19:47 pm »

Don't know anything about the 67, but the BRM wheeled split behind it will make a comeback this summer. First outing in about seven years. Can't wait  Smiley

Your car? Cool

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

Rocket Ron

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 17:22:10 pm »

Ricky Riots old car, think it was eventually sold to somebody through terrys beetle srvices but in a lot less potent form
remember seeing KS race Ricky at the guildford cruise many years ago Grin

KS street racing. Surely not Grin Grin

Lets hear about it KS Cool

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 17:31:14 pm »

Was Ricki Ryatt's car – I built a 2160 (or something) for it. Was indeed sold through TBS (RR swapped it for a 911, I think) and the car went out to Croatia, or somewhere like that.

Not really 'street racing' – more a blast away from the lights. Only because I wanted to see what the front of the car looked like as it disappeared backwards in the mirror...  Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Kobus

See you at the NEXT EUROPEAN BUGIN!!! Summer 2011!

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 17:35:54 pm »

very very cool car! Ricki built it around the same time Michael Hess did the Sepia brown 67 (today in Belgium, Xavier Adam, DAS) they bith had fairly similar engines, back then Ricki was also working on a mk1 golf with FAT engine, but i don;t know if he ever finished that...

Keep the Thru Cal-Look Alive!!!!
Rocket Ron

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 17:51:46 pm »

very very cool car! Ricki built it around the same time Michael Hess did the Sepia brown 67 (today in Belgium, Xavier Adam, DAS) they bith had fairly similar engines, back then Ricki was also working on a mk1 golf with FAT engine, but i don;t know if he ever finished that...

Am sure it was built around the same time another ‘67 that was really understated painted in white and appeared in Volksworld and at the one of the first Volksworld shows.

It was based on a very low mileage car and sported the first set of 4 stud Flat Four sprint stars that I’d saw, not that you see many anyway.  They were repainted in grey and the car had a standard interior and a 2007cc twin 48 engine, with I think a berg 5 speed.

If I remember rightly it belonged to a fairly well off music producer. I don’t remember seeing that car again either.   

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

Rocket Ron

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 18:06:02 pm »

Was Ricki Ryatt's car – I built a 2160 (or something) for it. Was indeed sold through TBS (RR swapped it for a 911, I think) and the car went out to Croatia, or somewhere like that.

Not really 'street racing' – more a blast away from the lights. Only because I wanted to see what the front of the car looked like as it disappeared backwards in the mirror...  Grin

I'm sure it had a 2007cc twin 48ida motor.

What were you racing it in and how the hell did it end up in Croatia?

Probably long gone by now but still we have cars like Alex Taylor’s black ‘67 to perv over now  Grin

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 18:33:33 pm »

Am sure it was built around the same time another ‘67 that was really understated painted in white and appeared in Volksworld and at the one of the first Volksworld shows.

It was based on a very low mileage car and sported the first set of 4 stud Flat Four sprint stars that I’d saw, not that you see many anyway.  They were repainted in grey and the car had a standard interior and a 2007cc twin 48 engine, with I think a berg 5 speed.

If I remember rightly it belonged to a fairly well off music producer. I don’t remember seeing that car again either.   

think the car you mean belongs to a guy called chris morley

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 19:05:50 pm »

Probably long gone by now but still we have cars like Alex Taylor’s black ‘67 to perv over now  Grin
Car originally had a TBS-built 2007. I rebuilt it with a new stroker crank, FK8 cam etc.

I 'raced' it in my Chop-Top.

Car was advertised for some time by TBS and was spotted by a customer who wanted a nice car but not the big engine. i think it was fitted with a 1600 lump and sold like that.

Rocket Ron

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 21:09:02 pm »

Car originally had a TBS-built 2007. I rebuilt it with a new stroker crank, FK8 cam etc.

I 'raced' it in my Chop-Top.

Car was advertised for some time by TBS and was spotted by a customer who wanted a nice car but not the big engine. i think it was fitted with a 1600 lump and sold like that.

shame it didn't stay together it was such a nice car

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

ESH

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 21:34:58 pm »

I went to look at it when it was at TBS with a guy who turned out to be a bit of a time waster when it came to cars, I'm pretty sure it had a 2007 at the time? The car was still in good shape showing some signs of wear but was offered complete at a great price, I think this would have been late 2000, early 2001? The problem I guess is that people didn't want to stump up any kind of real money on a Bug even though the sum of the package was way above the asking, to an extent this is still the case but it's not as bad as it was. Shame it got split as, to the best of my knowledge the set up never ran a number on the track, would have been interesting to see what it was capable of. I don't remember if it was before of after I took the guy to look at the car but at some point I went with another guy to Ricky's place to pick up some of his VW stuff and he was pretty close to finishing off the Porsche.
too old for this

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 22:48:58 pm »

and heydon mizon,s....just running in a fresh LARGE motor,another sweet 67

JG54
48ida

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 01:37:16 am »

The engine you built Keith was a 2110, and it's currently sat in the rear of my car Cool

I DRIVE MY VOLKSWAGEN WAY TO FAST TO WORRY ABOUT MY CHOLESTEROL LEVEL
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 08:57:51 am »

The engine you built Keith was a 2110, and it's currently sat in the rear of my car Cool
There you go! Shows how crap my memory is getting these days! Grin

Peter Roberts

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 21:37:39 pm »

Don't you remember stripping the motor down , the first time after someone had cranked the motor over with the dizzy drive out , and destroyed the dizzy drive , and the second time , when the cam ground the lifters down to the oiling holes  Shocked

I remember seeing that , it was pretty crazy !

Peter Roberts

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 21:40:40 pm »

I went with Randy , to look at Chris Morley's car , last year , still absolutely mint-ball , for sale for £ 15K

He was a very nice man , made us very welcome , had worked in advertising in London , and judging by the Grand Piano in one of his front rooms , he was  fairly well off .
Peter Roberts

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 21:41:40 pm »

Hey Ron , I had a look at your carbs yesterday , did Alex say anything ?
Rocket Ron

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 11:14:03 am »

Hey Ron , I had a look at your carbs yesterday , did Alex say anything ?

I hear they are scrap but he did say you may have some, spoke to Andy at the shop this morning but give me a call on 07790 785604 ( after 11 as my phone in the car charging )

Thanks Ron

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

H67bug

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 19:46:40 pm »

D
and heydon mizon,s....just running in a fresh LARGE motor,another sweet 67

lol! wop wop! Grin Grin
Straight Time

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 22:02:45 pm »

Hi all. Just to put you in the picture. Car definately did not go to Croatia Uncle Keith. I own it and is now a resident of sunny West Yorkshire !!!!!!! The car had been a daily driver around London for a while after Ricky sold it. Hence the inevitable ding here and there. Just battlescares though, right.  If anyone has any other info on the car I would be gratefull to hear it.

I did buy it from TBS, (Thanks for your help Luke) and have owned the car for about 5 years. Unfortunately was not in the spec as featured in Volksworld back in the day but still rock solid and used regularly until very recently. I bought it as I am a true cal look fan and had always wanted a Genuine U.S SPEC 67 since seeing Hector Bonnila's car. She came with the carters gearbox still in tact but with only a very mild 1776 with single weber carb. The Lucas indicators were long gone but soon to be replaced and the decklid ( with aronson style vents ) had been replaced with a genuine 67 cabrio lid. Result!! Grin

The interior is basically the same in the desirable red but had some very loud bright red Awesome bucket seats Undecided. Fortunately she was supplied with the origional seats as well. The Fuchs have been since replaced with a set of Gas burners.

Big plans in the pipeline with early 11's in mind. At least a 2336 but think will go down the EFI route Shocked. Upgrade to Berg 5 speed ( if anyone has one of the earlier 5 speed polished gear leavers please let me know) and roll cage. Because the car has had a history and still known as Rickys car a change of colour may be on the cards, but as one of the first US 67'S on the UK scene, maybe not.

Thanks for the interest.

No retreat, No surrender !
deano

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 22:35:21 pm »

The 48IDAs that were once on Ricki's engine (whatever size is was/is), came off my old '67, which were sold to him ages ago. And, going back even further, I bought them from Mike Hunsaker, who was DKP 1 in the early seventies. Dean/Hot VWs

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Straight Time

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 22:42:58 pm »

Thanks Dean. Wow, wish it still had those now , even if just for the history !!!

48ida

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 00:11:30 am »

The 48IDAs that were once on Ricki's engine (whatever size is was/is), came off my old '67, which were sold to him ages ago. And, going back even further, I bought them from Mike Hunsaker, who was DKP 1 in the early seventies. Dean/Hot VWs

Wow Deano, those IDA's have some history attached to them, I wonder if I own them now?

Thanks Dean. Wow, wish it still had those now , even if just for the history !!!

Howling Wind, this is what the old engine from your car looks like these days, still bearing Keith's name stamped on the case Cool

I DRIVE MY VOLKSWAGEN WAY TO FAST TO WORRY ABOUT MY CHOLESTEROL LEVEL
Straight Time

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 12:04:25 pm »

Hi 48IDA. Thanks for the pic. Looks very clean. When I was first looking at the car was offered it with the engine but just too expensive. Later bought with the 1776. New engine on way.

Rocket Ron

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 13:53:05 pm »

nice to know it's still about i Cool

PS Volks world issue  was Feb 1998.

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

Straight Time

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 16:43:25 pm »

Rocket Ron. Thanks for that. Have a spare copy hung up in the garage for inspiration.  Roll Eyes

deano

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 17:59:04 pm »

About the only way you could tell if your IDAs were my old ones, is..... I had the accelerator pump shafts resized, so they would be over-sized slightly, and I had the bronze bushings reamed accordingly (they used to stick).

When I sold my VW Blue '67 in Feb. '75, I kept the 1700cc Weber motor, and it went into my sandrail for a couple of years. I ended up buying another pair of new IDAs, so my brother, Paul bought those Webers for his '61 convertible! When he went back to stock, he sold those same IDAs to Ricki, which I carried them on the flight to London from L.A.

So, these IDAs went from Italy, to Mike Hunsaker's street car, then to my street car, to my sandrail, to my brother's '61 'Vert, over to England to Ricki, and then?

They have also been in a VW magazine now at least three different times!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 21:35:38 pm by deano » Logged

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Pekka

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 18:01:58 pm »

That's some scrap metal recycling  Grin

I sent the club a wire stating, "Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

- Groucho Marx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: