The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 01:08:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Pictures of your Best Friend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pictures of your Best Friend  (Read 10795 times)
kingsburgphil

« on: June 10, 2010, 00:31:44 am »

Here's your chance to show off pictures of your dog.

Even if your dog is MonkeyButt ugly (they don't know) you can post his/her picture here  Grin

Peaches in 94'
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 15:15:36 pm by kingsburgphil » Logged
Tony M

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 16:52:10 pm »

She was part of our family - as all pets are. Kilty was her name - We had her for 14 years. Still miss her.

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
streetvw

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 18:32:02 pm »

simba 

and toby

now reunited in doggy heaven   Undecided
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 19:05:08 pm »

This here was Splinter (if you ever read Ninja Turtle comics you'd see the resemblance). Had a very active 11.5 year long life.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
LuftsickTero

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 19:18:22 pm »

No dogs at the moment but here's some old shots..

Anastasia (1992-2005) next to my '63 Bug in 1998 just before the Bug was taken to MOT checks.

Anastasia next to my old '64 in 2002.

Ready to catch a snowball.. Blew couple of rolls film to get this one shot, no digital cameras back then.

Anastasia and the new puppy in 1999.

Both dogs in the Summer of 1999.

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 21:20:01 pm »

Here's a couple of pix of my best friend Russell.
 First in his every day guard dog pose

Then his " I told you it was going to be a lot of work look "

Lastly ,   I hate bloody ball game's
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 21:21:41 pm by Black Sheep » Logged

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Chris W

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 21:33:54 pm »

Pictures of my Chow Chows, the black one is are older male Rocco and the red one is Jewels.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 21:39:02 pm by Chris W » Logged
henk

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 11:55:46 am »

this is Thai my 12,5 year old bull terrier.

henk!!!
henk

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 13:12:07 pm »

hallo,

i have to put my bull terrier(Thai) here above a sleep in august,his kidneys blocked.
this little white one is my new bull terrier(Ish)don't let his sweet looks fool you.
he is a real hand fool.

henk!!!
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 13:34:39 pm »

Ain't they cute!

Makes me want to add one to the family again as well.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
RobtheManx

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 15:12:02 pm »

Molly Dog

SPG Roller Cranks rarely live long!
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 15:38:15 pm »

My name is Storm and I`m a 3 year old Jack Russel terrier. Please allow me to post a couple of pictures where I`m trying my best to look good. Not easy when the camera is handled by a idiot....

Outside in the sun this last summer watching over house:

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Inside the same house trying to relax. Not so easy when you`re a Jack and people think you have ADHD:

That`s it for now.

Storm

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Bryan67

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 16:58:16 pm »

Chica and I chillin` at Morro Bay.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 23:42:14 pm »

there's a couple of pics of my dog, she's a no brand, we got her from a shelter about 6 months ago. She's 2 now and it's the best dog ever.

With 2 cats and a baby on the way, we have quite a family Cheesy

With Zoé in the bay window

She loves snow, I should bring her to norway sometime! Wink

Glitter don't make you faster.
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 00:52:07 am »

Here's me and my adopted best friends  EMPI & HOKUS  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
henk

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »

here is how my dog looks no at 10 months,they get big fast.

henk!!!
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 12:36:13 pm »

10 months old and with a look that can only be loved by his parents  Cheesy

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
johnl

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 19:26:33 pm »

We have two best friends, Cody, a male Aussie that turned six on October 30th and Jesse, a female Retriever that turned three on September 15th.

They are great pals to each other and we get untold joy from having them in our lives.  The photo you are viewing is not posed, they did this on their own.     Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 61 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2024

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 04:27:24 am »

Aussie breeds are my favorite dogs... that one looks nice, John. I've had two that I rescued from abusive homes. They're loving and great dogs. Besides being extremely intelligent. How/why anyone abuses dogs is beyond my scope of thinking/logic. Makes zero sense and I motion that they get beaten by animals for deserved payback.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
TiDi

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 17:29:32 pm »

Here's my cal-looker Peanut Grin
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 17:31:14 pm by TiDi » Logged

4 Wheel Ripperz - http://cal-look.tumblr.com/
johnl

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 01:56:44 am »

Aussie breeds are my favorite dogs... that one looks nice, John. I've had t  I wo that I rescued from abusive homes. They're loving and great dogs. Besides being extremely intelligent. How/why anyone abuses dogs is beyond my scope of thinking/logic. Makes zero sense and I motion that they get beaten by animals for deserved payback.

Cody Blue Eyes is a blue merle and he is really a great dog.  Very loving and as you've stated they are extremely smart.  I agree that people who abuse animals should suffer the worst fate possible.  Here is another shot of him in action.

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 02:35:59 am »

Beautiful markings and eyes! You're a lucky man, John... they're great dogs/companions. Best friend, indeed!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
johnl

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 15:39:42 pm »

I found this sometime ago and liked it so much it is my wallpaper on the computer.

Erlend / bug66
Global Moderator

SCC Event

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 16:03:04 pm »

This spring:

Black, white and brown is Peik (almost 11years)
White and brown is Scott (almost 1 year)

They did not like eachother in the beginning, but are best friends now Smiley [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The '67:
10.626 @ 132mph, SCC 2016
10.407 @ 134mph, SCC 2017
10.221 @ 135mph, SCC 2018

The '59:
Not yet..
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 17:20:36 pm »

Here is a picture of Bailey at 9 weeks :-)

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Sarge

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 17:51:39 pm »

Ran across a couple of shots from the past today... our old Sheltie, Rusty.  He was a Fourth of July stray we took in back in 1990... a great dog that was loads of fun! Grin

DKP III
johnl

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 17:57:06 pm »

Ran across a couple of shots from the past today... our old Sheltie, Rusty.  He was a Fourth of July stray we took in back in 1990... a great dog that was loads of fun! Grin

Jim, he was a beauty !!  How do people let animals just go??  It is far beyond my comprehension and the world would be a far better place if animals were treated more kindly.

Sarge

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 18:38:07 pm »

Hahaha...  He cleaned up pretty good until he made it out the door to the back yard... then all bets were off!! Grin  When I brought him home, he was a real mess with two rotten canine teeth that made his nose run constantly.  After having those teeth removed and spending a few months with us, he turned into a good friend and spirit lifter.  We had him for seven years before he passed.

DKP III
johnl

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 20:36:03 pm »

Hahaha...  He cleaned up pretty good until he made it out the door to the back yard... then all bets were off!! Grin  When I brought him home, he was a real mess with two rotten canine teeth that made his nose run constantly.  After having those teeth removed and spending a few months with us, he turned into a good friend and spirit lifter.  We had him for seven years before he passed.

Years ago when I worked in downtown LA I found a large street dog that was in bad shape.  He was a mix but very gentle and had few teeth left and had been hit by cars.  I phoned Christie and told her of my find and said I'd like to bring him home and see if we could help him.  She agreed and shortly afterward she took him to the Vet and was told why waste your $$ on this old dog.  That made her very angry and she got his shots and nursed him back to health.  A few months later she took him back and the Vet couldn't believe it was the same dog. 

Buddy lived with us for the next seven years also and had a good life and a pal with our first Aussie, Mattie.  Not ever having kids dogs have always been a big part of our life and bring us much joy.  It is always sad when we have to say our goodbyes, but we've found that getting another one soon helps, but you never forget the one that has left you.

Here is something that was passed to me years ago and I always forward it to someone I know who has lost a pet.  It is titled The Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

olor]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: