The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:15:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350829 Posts in 28602 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  First post - old DKK member and my old VW's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: First post - old DKK member and my old VW's  (Read 22889 times)
srfndoc

« on: September 29, 2010, 17:46:53 pm »

Just got back in to the VW scene after being out for many years, thought I would look to see if DKK was still alive and found this site.  I was
a member in the 84-86 timeframe until both my VW's were stolen within 9 months.  That kept me out of the scene for quite some time.  Anyways,
here were my VW's back in the day:

My 62'

My 56'

Anyways, hope you enjoy the old pics, good to be back in the scene.

Todd

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 18:15:12 pm »

hi todd
welcome to the lounge  it's cool to see another DEEk in da place
hope you will enjoy this forum and will have fun with your old friends

rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 18:42:10 pm »

Welcome Todd  Wink

danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 19:19:56 pm »

Welcome todd, What car did you drive while in DKK ?

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
srfndoc

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 19:32:01 pm »

Welcome todd, What car did you drive while in DKK ?

A blue 66 (not pictured) and the white 62 although it had black 5 spoke Empi's on it at the time as the
fuchs were sold by the previous owner.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 19:34:03 pm by srfndoc » Logged
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 23:45:40 pm »

Blue '66 with Mahles?

Moved to Arizona (I think) to go to College?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 23:48:16 pm by DKK Rick » Logged

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
srfndoc

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 00:24:58 am »

Blue '66 with Mahles?

That car had many rims, I think the last was 8 spoke Empi's.  I had a stack of tickets from officer Little in Placentia
for being too low that I was very proud of (I think it was 12 all together).  That dude really had it out for me.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:21:33 am by srfndoc » Logged
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 00:47:00 am »

Welcome to The Lounge, Todd. I don't remember those two pictured cars. Do you have any images of your '66, by chance? Did you used to hang out at Scooter's on Sunday nights? Same place we had our meetings, too. Currently, it's call Nick's and where D.K.P. has their meetings... sorry if you're already aware of that.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
srfndoc

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 01:23:00 am »

Welcome to The Lounge, Todd. I don't remember those two pictured cars. Do you have any images of your '66, by chance? Did you used to hang out at Scooter's on Sunday nights? Same place we had our meetings, too. Currently, it's call Nick's and where D.K.P. has their meetings... sorry if you're already aware of that.

I'm looking for some photos of my 66 but haven't found any yet.  What's weird is Scooters doesn't sound familiar, where was it located?
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 01:25:23 am »

I'm looking for some photos of my 66 but haven't found any yet.  What's weird is Scooters doesn't sound familiar, where was it located?
fullerton

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:32:54 am by speedwell » Logged

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 01:49:05 am »

Wink

« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:08:00 pm by speedwell » Logged

srfndoc

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 01:56:53 am »

This is weird... I remember that place but I don't remember meeting there.  We cruised Angelo's a lot and
met in Placentia but can't remember the place.  I swear I'm only 42 but maybe the senile dementia is coming
early.

Rennsurfer

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 02:00:53 am »

This is weird... I remember that place but I don't remember meeting there.  We cruised Angelo's a lot and
met in Placentia but can't remember the place.  I swear I'm only 42 but maybe the senile dementia is coming
early.

Don't feel bad, I'm 48 and forget stuff too. HAHA!! But I was trying to pinpoint exactly where our club was meeting when you were in. Towards the end in 1985, I'm pretty sure we had our meetings, upstairs, at Scooter's. I remember cruising to Angelo's, too. Before that, our club meetings were held at Denny's (think on State College). But I forget till which year. Rick M. will be able to help us out, here.

Todd, every first Sunday of the month, D.K.P. has their Cruise Night at Nick's, located on Orangethorpe, just east of Brookhurst in Fullerton. This Sunday, a few of us from D.K.K. will be there. I'll be in the Zenith Blue '67. C'mon by if you're still in the area. We get there at around 6pm and hang out till 9pm.

(edit) Fabian, thanks for posting up those pictures that I took. You're the best archivist EVER.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:08:18 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 02:15:52 am »

thx mark  Wink

srfndoc

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 03:18:39 am »

early.

Don't feel bad, I'm 48 and forget stuff too. HAHA!! But I was trying to pinpoint exactly where our club was meeting when you were in. Towards the end in 1985, I'm pretty sure we had our meetings, upstairs, at Scooter's. I remember cruising to Angelo's, too. Before that, our club meetings were held at Denny's (think on State College). But I forget till which year. Rick M. will be able to help us out, here.

Todd, every first Sunday of the month, D.K.P. has their Cruise Night at Nick's, located on Orangethorpe, just east of Brookhurst in Fullerton. This Sunday, a few of us from D.K.K. will be there. I'll be in the Zenith Blue '67. C'mon by if you're still in the area. We get there at around 6pm and hang out till 9pm.

(edit) Fabian, thanks for posting up those pictures that I took. You're the best archivist EVER.

Thanks for the invite.  Not sure if I can make it this Sunday but will definitely come out one of these days (as long as you don't mind
a Type 2 showing up).   Grin

DKK - Lisa
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 03:37:10 am »

Blue '66 with Mahles?

That car had many rims, I think the last was 8 spoke Empi's.  I had a stack of tickets from officer Little in Placentia
for being too low that I was very proud of (I think it was 12 all together).  That dude really had it out for me.

Hey Todd,
   Welcome to The Lounge!  So was that Officer Little or Officer Palmer?  I also lived in Placentia and managed to accumulate an impressive stack of fix-it tickets over the years.  All tickets were from the same officer, like you.  Office Palmer made it part of his regular routine to visit me.  There was a shaded driveway across the street from El Dorado High School... right next to the fire station.  He would park his motorcycle there and wait for me to get out of school.  Too low, no front license plate, no horn.  And any other time he saw me on the streets of Placentia, ditto.  Such a jerk!
   I'm quite sure I was out of the club by the time you were in.  I think I was away at College during those years.  Hope you can dig up some more old pictures to share!!  Looking forward to meeting you at one of the future events!
Lisa         
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 05:58:53 am by DKK Lisa » Logged
srfndoc

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 03:46:00 am »

Blue '66 with Mahles?

I'm pretty sure I got tickets from both of them but office Little seemed  to hate us 'lowered' types.  I know exactly
where you were talking about in front of El Dorado, there were many races on that street as well.  I'll keep digging for
more pics, looking forward to saying to meeting all of you.

Hey Tod,
   Welcome to The Lounge!  So was that Officer Little or Officer Palmer?  I also lived in Placentia and managed to accumulate an impressive stack of fix-it tickets over the years.  All tickets were from the same officer, like you.  Office Palmer made it part of his regular routine to visit me.  There was a shaded driveway across the street from El Dorado High School... right next to the fire station.  He would park his motorcycle there and wait for me to get out of school.  Too low, no front license plate, no horn.  And any other time he saw me on the streets of Placentia, ditto.  Such a jerk!
   I'm quite sure I was out of the club by the time you were in.  I think I was away at College during those years.  Hope you can dig up some more old pictures to share!!  Looking forward to meeting you at one of the future events!
Lisa         
srfndoc

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 03:49:10 am »

I'm pretty sure I got tickets from both of them but Officer Little seemed to hate us 'lowered' types.  I know exactly
where you were talking about in front of El Dorado, there were many races on that street as well.  I'll keep digging for
more pics, looking forward to meeting all of you.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 03:58:14 am »

Another DEEK??

Awesome Grin

Welcome to the Lounge Todd! Hope you like it here Smiley

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 05:44:35 am »

I'm pretty fuzzy on the years but here's the meeting places I remember.

1. When I joined we met at Larry's Pizza on Euclid near Orangethorpe. We left there when they started to book our room to other groups (Softball Leagues) on the nights we met.
2. We moved to Denny's on St College in between the 91 and Orangethorpe Technically Anaheim but within 2 blocks of Fullerton and Placentia. I used to work across the street at the BAP/Geon store. I can't remember if we got tired of the food or if we were asked to leave  Wink
3. Pizza place on Tustin Ave. south of Katella. Might have been a Lampost Pizza. Only stayed there a few months. Not centrally located enough and the pizza sucked.
4. Scooter's I  believe that this was the last place we met at. Like Mark said upstairs in a private (storage) room. The owner was very accommodating

Speed-Randy

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 06:27:50 am »

Rick, you forgot the pizza place on harbor and orangethorpe, in front of Montgomery Wards. That's were I got jumped in.

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 06:36:38 am »

Shakey's?? I know we ended rallys there... did we meet there too?

Rennsurfer

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 08:32:26 am »

Thanks for the invite.  Not sure if I can make it this Sunday but will definitely come out one of these days (as long as you don't mind

Cool... looking forward to meeting you, Todd. And yes, bring the Type 2.

Rick I remember the meeting places like you posted, except for the pizza joints other than Larry's. That part of the time line is really fuzzy, to me. Wish that I could remember why we stopped meeting at Denny's. Extremely cute waitress always served us, there... Melanie or something like that. That was half the fun of going.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:35:40 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 17:14:40 pm »

Rick I remember the meeting places like you posted, except for the pizza joints other than Larry's. That part of the time line is really fuzzy, to me. Wish that I could remember why we stopped meeting at Denny's. Extremely cute waitress always served us, there... Melanie or something like that. That was half the fun of going.

I think it was Melody. Sweetheart of a girl.

DKK - Lisa
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 17:27:47 pm »

Do you remember getting stuck there with McNew after a club meeting?  You know how he is "anyways"... but then after his 50 cups of coffee!  OMG!!!  He just couldn't stop talking.  And as funny as he naturally is.... but kicked up a few dozen notches!!  What fun times.  I bet you Melody remembers Dave   Grin

I remember all of the places Rick mentioned too.  All the way up to Scooters / Nick's.  Are you sure Randy was in the club?  Wink  He might just be making this stuff up!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 17:31:04 pm by DKK Lisa » Logged
jhicken
DKK

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 19:04:19 pm »

Todd, glad to hear you made it over to the lounge.

-jeffrey

Rennsurfer

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 02:10:07 am »

Do you remember getting stuck there with McNew after a club meeting?  You know how he is "anyways"... but then after his 50 cups of coffee!  OMG!!!  He just couldn't stop talking.  And as funny as he naturally is.... but kicked up a few dozen notches!!  What fun times.  I bet you Melody remembers Dave   Grin

I remember all of the places Rick mentioned too.  All the way up to Scooters / Nick's.  Are you sure Randy was in the club?  Wink  He might just be making this stuff up!  Cheesy

Yeah, her name is either Melody or Melanie. What a DOLL! Really easy on the eyes. If I wasn't dating Kim, I would've asked out that cute waitress.

Lisa, of COURSE I remember. Dave and I lived near each other. So many nights, we just went in the same car. Picture coffee added to that. Fun, fast moving, hilarious, and great all at the same time. So, Lisa, you're thinking that Randy's gonna get fined for making stuff up?  Sorry, Randy... couldn't resist.

Grin

~Sarge
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 02:35:45 am »

Welcome to the lounge old timer.

Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 04:55:42 am »

Yeah, her name is either Melody or Melanie. What a DOLL! Really easy on the eyes. If I wasn't dating Kim, I would've asked out that cute waitress.

Lisa, of COURSE I remember. Dave and I lived near each other. So many nights, we just went in the same car. Picture coffee added to that. Fun, fast moving, hilarious, and great all at the same time. So, Lisa, you're thinking that Randy's gonna get fined for making stuff up?  Sorry, Randy... couldn't resist.

Grin

Parliamentary procedures....  I think we need to vote on it  Huh
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:57:13 am by DKK Lisa » Logged
Rennsurfer

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 07:31:42 am »

Parliamentary procedures....  I think we need to vote on it  Huh

After much consideration, I motion that we take a vote on this, as well. I mean... anything having to do with the funk band, Parliament, has GOTTA be worth working on.

~Sarge
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: