The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 03:56:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350885 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Some appreciation and acknowledgement for some Lounge Cars you may not know of..
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Some appreciation and acknowledgement for some Lounge Cars you may not know of..  (Read 18241 times)
Ben67

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 07:22:27 am »

thanks Lawrence 

ooh  I like Bryan's grey car too
I know we've all see these cars, but how about some pics...

Der Kleiner Panzers        http://pursang356.blogspot.com/

"champagne taste...beer money"
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 07:39:25 am »

Okay, just to clarify... you guys are talking about Brian's '67 from Nor Cal, yes? Younger guy... drove it down for the Classic, last year. SUPER clean and basic car. A few shades lighter than Fontana Gray. And his only car and daily driver, right?

If so... I must agree. Dave Rosique, Bob (my best friend), and I all talked to Brian and we were all very impressed with that car. My favorite aspect on the vehicle; the dash. Pure perfection!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 17:03:06 pm »

Speaking of Brians.....  Brian Plummers car.  DEFINATELY.  But back in the day it had to be Dave McNew's Sepia Brown ride with 2 liters.  That was a sweetie.  And Bill McKinleys Ghia.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:59:03 am by Worm » Logged

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 17:18:55 pm »

Mike Maize's orange sedan ... this car is like a full size replica of some hot rod, friction motored toy VW I had in 1974 or so.

Let's go for a ride!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxBW431Sjzw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bxBW431Sjzw</a>

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 17:56:27 pm »

Hey, thanks for the ride!

danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 17:58:18 pm »

How abut dave (spacen) mason's black car ! ALL business

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 18:00:03 pm »

Speaking of Brians.....  Brian Plummers car.  DEFINTAELY.  But back in the day it had to be Dave McNew's Sepia Brown ride with 2 liters.  That was a sweetie.  And Bill McKinleys Ghia.

We all thought that Dave's car was Sepia Brown. Nope... it was a To#Īta truck color. Actually, I used to call it pumpkin pie brown. Loved that car, though. It was fun helping to build it. Later, the vinyl interior came out and was swapped for a cloth one. The wheels later became fourteen and fifteen inch alloys.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
javabug

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 20:54:39 pm »

Here's one we don't see enough of, Bugsy's cool car. This right here, to me, says 70s. Man, I love it.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Mike Maize

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 22:32:12 pm »

I totally forgot probably the coolest car on the Lounge... cool in the way it thumbs its nose @ the "rule book"... Mike Maize's orange sedan, I've said it before but this car is like a full size replica of some hot rod, friction motored toy VW I had in 1974 or so.... nice job Mike. Hope it's kicking ass.

Hey Jim, Thanks as always for "getting" the idea of the car. Running like a champ, the video Java posted is just before I took it to winter storage. Can't wait till spring to attack the V8 crowd at the local track Shocked
lawrence

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 03:06:06 am »

Good choice Javabug. Patrik's car is rad. Nice guy too. Maybe he will jump on here and tell us more about it.

"Happiness is a Hot VW!"
Matt H

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 03:24:23 am »

For me it was Art G street draggin, love Hectors car, Masons car, Dave's green 64 and gotta also throw Fellow Cronpanzer Dave Conklins car up there. We had some good times in the black car here in motown
Bryan67

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 16:28:37 pm »

This is supposed to be about lesser known cars I believe. Not that I don`t like the cars mentioned on here I would hardly call them "Not known".

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 17:09:15 pm »

OK, Dustin's late-model. Look so right on its detailed Fuchs, Europa bumpers and all. An easy car to replicate, it just looks perfect yet would be easily overlooked in a line-up of 'classic' Cal Lookers. It gets driven and always looks very cool. I reckon it deserves more respect. But then so do all late-model Lookers in my opinion.

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 19:00:18 pm »

Big Thanks to Javabug Mike for throwing my ride in on this topic! Flattering indeed to be mentioned in a list as refined as these others.

I'd mention my buddy & fellow Texan, Shane Smith's super clean '67 ... and it's a runner too!

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
Jim Ratto

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 17:41:09 pm »

Thanks for the props Bill.  Cool

Glenn Gaskey's car has a quiet, subtle, ultra cool quality to it too. Finished off like few are.
Bryan Nunes

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 06:35:46 am »

Hay thanks guys for the nice words about my car. Well just to let everyone know it hasn't been my daily for the past month or so do to Mr. rod wanted to come out the top and play Roll Eyes..lol..it finally gives me a chance to change somethings on the car that has been bothering me to make it more a relaxing drive than a balls to the wall all the time. I try to read all of your guys posts, and stories on your trips and drives and how to make those stupid little things work like a dome light. But Jim i do like your car just for the fact i remember when you lived up north hearing about you driving around on your slicks, to now how you want your whippers to work better, that's cool.. Cool
Bryan Wink
Tobi/DFL

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 13:09:34 pm »

Hi,

I was thinking about this topic and one car came to my mind which I immediately fell in love with when I first saw it. Itīs the brown oval-window from norwegian screwdrivers-member Rune which is very period-perfect. Unfortunately I donīt have a pic of it right now because Iīm at work, but maybe some of the european loungers can help out?!
Bye,

Tobi
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2011, 13:18:44 pm »

Hi,

I was thinking about this topic and one car came to my mind which I immediately fell in love with when I first saw it. Itīs the brown oval-window from norwegian screwdrivers-member Rune which is very period-perfect. Unfortunately I donīt have a pic of it right now because Iīm at work, but maybe some of the european loungers can help out?!
Bye,

Tobi

One of my fav cars too when it had the Gold crestlines on it, hes busy doing this Gay barndoor now though Wink Come on Rune get the oval out...
Neil Davies

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2011, 15:10:02 pm »

Just thought of another one - Tobi DFL's oval. It's perfect in look and execution.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
flatfire

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 23:49:45 pm »

Just thought of another one - Tobi DFL's oval. It's perfect in look and execution.

I totally agree its stunning. When I saw it at EBI I was amazed how the car looked so right.
team97
DKK

3M TA3

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2011, 00:47:44 am »

Thanks for the props Bill.  Cool

Glenn Gaskey's car has a quiet, subtle, ultra cool quality to it too. Finished off like few are.

Thanks Jim, I tried to keep it suble and clean! BTW my daughter was born on 1-12 also, just far enough away from christmas to warrant another celebration and just close enough to still be broke! Good luck and cheers to the newbie.

Glenn

Der Kleiner Panzers III
D.K.K.
Bugsy

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2011, 20:09:01 pm »

Here's one we don't see enough of, Bugsy's cool car. This right here, to me, says 70s. Man, I love it.

Oh! Tank you Java and Lawrence for the appreciation.
Now i really regret i sold it in Oct. Sad. But will probably be back soon with a new car. This time though with a more traditional look.

Regards Patrik
javabug

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 03:18:11 am »

Sorry to hear you sold it Patrik. Good luck on the next project.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 02:25:07 am »

Talk about a CLEAN daily driver (well, almost), Norris McPhersons '67 is finally redone (multi-year project).
He's had this car FOREVER; ACTIVE member of local Dallas clubs & events, as well as abroad.
This guy uses his car and it's beautiful.
And he's a TEXAS guy, resides in Corsicana.
He got a feature in HotVs, but I bet NOT MANY have seen this car.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:07:04 am by TexasTom » Logged

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 03:29:40 am »

Talk about a CLEAN daily driver (well, almost), Norris McPhersons '67 is finally redone (multi-year project).
He's had this car FOREVER; ACTIVE member of local Dallas clubs & events, as well as abroad.
This guy uses his car and it's beautiful.
And he's a TEXAS guy, resides in Corsicana.
He got a feature in HotVs, but I bet NOT MANY have seen this car.
X2, Very clean and detailed car, what issue of HotVW's was it in?

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 05:59:32 am »

Is he on the Lounge?

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
58vw

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2011, 06:06:07 am »

very clean car tom...me likey Grin

www.4inbore.com
Angleflows...order them now
Jim Ratto

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 06:13:28 am »

I totally agree its stunning. When I saw it at EBI I was amazed how the car looked so right.

damn this car just spits attitude. Not seen all that often on the Lounge but always seeing it.
Hope to see all of you guys Sunday morning, I'll be hitting the road @ 3:30am Roll Eyes
bilboa2

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 07:11:33 am »

ok, here in my SMALL town area of minden,gardnerville nevada, I met dave taylor who was raised in the seal beach/long beach area, member of keep on bug'n. Moved here 30 years ago, built a nice 67. Car has a ken taber buillt 2386 w/ clyde heads, k10 , weber 44s. Hauls ass. Car is just CLEAN. great paint, interior, wiring, etc. He took it to the last bugorama and won people's choice. Definite magazine material. We went to our local car show last month with no foreign car entry etc and he got a 2nd place.Think i have talked him into a rim change, no pressure, it's his car. ha. I am sure there are a few cars across the country that are out of the hot vw's mag range, but gota be hard to fit in their busy schedules to see them. One other 67 that come to mind is the guy from oregon that comes to bugorama with the black 67 that runs 11.50's with the wine red intereior. MY FAVORITE 67, even keith goss was impressed. but CHEERS to all the remote , seldom seen clean vw's.   bill
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: