The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 16:41:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Cheezus!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cheezus!  (Read 6672 times)
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« on: May 16, 2006, 14:44:31 pm »

What a terrible waste of a good roofshop....

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 14:46:04 pm by JHU » Logged

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 15:35:46 pm »

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Angry
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 13:48:43 pm by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 18:24:40 pm »

I can definetly think of a couple of quick modifications I would do...

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Georg/DFL

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 22:06:38 pm »

To be honest guys: I don't like it if people make fun out of someone elses pride and joy. Just imagine to find a picture of your car at a German Style forum and postings where people laugh about your car and your taste.

Show more respect for other peoples work and if you don't like it, don't tell it in public places. I think that is bad manners.

The car is not my cup of tea, but I met the owner at our May Cruise Madness the first time. He came all the way from Italy and drove 1500 Kilometer one way. That deserves respect! And the work also, even if you don't like it.

I used to visit a Karmann Ghia forum and they did the same. One day they were laughing about a very nice Ghia Looker – why? I am not there any more... Everybody get's his owen taste, so be more tolerant and let other people do, what they want to do – as long as if they don't harm someone. Don't start those postings here on that peaceful forum!

For me Cal Look is 70s
is open minded
is tolerance!

Just my two cent,

Georg

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
WheelieNelson

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 00:34:24 am »

I LIKE!! Nothing like a good customized car. Im sure the owner spent tonz of hours on this project Smiley
I only hope its built in ALL metal... 

Its ass up, nose down as well Wink haha

Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 08:30:01 am »

@Georg: I do get your point, but in my opinion it's absolutely ok to laugh at whoever's car. I don't care at all if anybody thinks MY car is ridiculous either. Why should I?

I definitely do respect other people's work. And as far as I can see on the pictures, there's an impressive amount of work in that car. BUT it isn't about its owner's technical skills, it's about style and taste. I do adore a german looker, a wild custom beetle or a slammed hoodride just as much as a slick cal looker. As long as it's done with style.

Let's get back to the subject. The roofchop of that car is perfect, but its wheels are far too big, they ruin the car's overall appearence. But respect for the work. And btw. wasn't that car trailered to Hannover?  Wink

And talking about that 70s aspects, I'd like to say it in german: Toleranz ist Hippiescheisse  Grin

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
Georg/DFL

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 09:00:49 am »

Mark, the postings reminded me at the hardcore vinatge guys you meet at shows like Camberg or Hessisch when they talk about our (Cal Look) cars. Don't look at it if you don't like it or just tolerate it.

I didn't like the "Horror-Karmann of the month" at the other forum and I really hope we don't have postings like that every other day.

And with your saying: Selber Hippiescheiße!  Grin

Cal Look is not a crime
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 13:11:44 pm »

I respect you feelings Georg, and I apologise for those who was offended.
The reason I posted this picture was not to ridicule the owner, but make people think of what huge cal-look/gasser possibilities lays hidden in such cars.

No hard feelings...? Good!

Happy seventeen of May!! 

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Georg/DFL

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 16:25:36 pm »

No hard feelings, not at all! It just made me a bit ...well ...sad. I already gave the reasons for that in the other postings. Hope you and the others didn't get me wrong, cause it's always a bit difficult to explain something like that in a foreign language.  Embarrassed

Everythings fine!  Smiley

Cal Look is not a crime
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 17:14:42 pm »

it's always a bit difficult to explain something like that in a foreign language.
Sprechen sie Deutsch? Wink

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Georg/DFL

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 20:34:34 pm »

He Keith, looks like you have loads of time on hand... Grin

Cal Look is not a crime
SilverPig

Alles klar?

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 14:41:00 pm »

I don't even see the pictures of this car...is it me and my browser, or have they been X-rated and failed to pass my firewall? Anywho...people have, and will, allways mock other people's property of different appearance than that of their own taste. Haven't you all pointed at some guy's silly mustache and laughed amongst yourselves...so what's the difference? A silly hairdo? An overly fat and wobly ass? A horrible roofchop? As long as it's kept within good manner I don't see the problem. Harassment is a different matter. I'm sure someone has laughed behind my back for some reason...  Roll Eyes

Say hello to my little friend!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: