The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 16:08:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  From Switzerland to Gardermoen!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: From Switzerland to Gardermoen!  (Read 7309 times)
jose del orto

« on: May 31, 2007, 18:04:10 pm »

So now that everything is booked, let's start planning the Scandinavia trip. A small delegation, not to run, just for fun, strictly aircooled and callook-minded, totalizing 68 HP (2 cars...)  and 102 years (2 cars...) is already greasing the bearings for the long trip. Sadly this won't be enough for wheeling or burning, but as you say, you can't have all!
I'm really looking forward to see the scandinavian scene again after our bugrun visit in 2005!
ESH

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 21:52:05 pm »

A second trip to Scandianavia? That's good going! A couple of us made it up there last year for the SCC and it's awesome. Hopefully we'll make it again this year but they stopped the ferry and it's probably a road trip too far so maybe we'll have to make do with flying. One year I want to make the drive though, have a good one!  Smiley
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 23:15:04 pm »

COOL!!! Greasing your bearings - got to like that comment.

UK guys; yes the Kristiansand ferry service is stopped but there is still a ferry going from Newcastle to Stavanger. The drive from Stavanger to Gardermoen is about 6,5 - 8 hours. (510km) depending on which way you choose to drive. (around the coast or over the mountain) It`s indeed hard to argument for a drive when the airport is a short walk from the strip. If you guys choose to fly I will make sure that you will be picked up and transported in style (200+hp style that is -  we`re driving street cars!)

For all guys coming from abroad - I will make sure that we have a cold beer waiting for you and of course also hot tea water and some biscuits.

Best rgs
BB

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 10:10:51 am by BeetleBug » Logged

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 23:34:47 pm »

Mat, do the newcastle-Stavanger and we can drive together over... we will be a few people driving :-)

Jose, that will be a nice drive! I hope you get good weather and I'll see you there!

Even though other events are ahead, I'm already getting excited about SCC
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 23:37:31 pm by Trond Dahl » Logged

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 23:50:15 pm »

You are more than welcome Pablo!
We will do our best to show you guys a good time, and give you value for kmīs!! But make sure you get there by mid day Friday... as the Screwdivers will have a little something friday night.

And all you others...
When BugIn is under the belt... and you still want MORE.... look to SCC!  Cool

Best regards
Jon

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 09:07:52 am »

BugIn will be a nice warm up for SCC  :-D

ESH

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 10:49:17 am »

...the Kristiansand ferry service is stopped but there is still a ferry going from Newcastle to Stavanger. The drive from Stavanger to Gardermoen is about 6,5 - 8 hours. (510km) depending on which way you choose to drive. (around the coast or the over the mountain)...

I had a quick look at varous route options such as coming up through Denmark but all in all a Ferry straight over to Norway, whichever the port looks like the way to do it by car. The coast route's lovely, perfect for a hot VW (unless the rain brings the visibility down to 2ft)! What's the mountain route like?

...if you guys choose to fly I will make sure that you will be picked up and transported in style (200+hp style that is -  we`re driving street cars!)...

Can't fault the taxi service! I was thinking of just legging it accross the runway and jumping the fence but the 200hp option's definitely preferable.

...for all guys coming from abroad - I will make sure that we have a cold beer waiting for you and of course also hot tea water and some biscuits...

Don't forget to fell a tree or two too, it makes the Norwegian experience complete.

...do the newcastle-Stavanger and we can drive together over... we will be a few people driving...

I really can't see it being an option this year but about 3 miles in to the last leg of the trip over last year whilst on the big bridge leaving Kristiansand I realised I had to do that drive with the Bug some day. OK so it's not going to be Kristiansand but the same applies, I need to make the run and I want to run at that track, it's a beautiful place to go fast. If we do get back with the cars, and I really want to make sure we do I look forward to a drive along whichever route you normally take. Having Kjartan lead last year made it a breeze as there was no need to work out if we were going the right way!

So is there anyone out there taking on the Swiss guys for miles travelled (by VW) at this years SCC? What about the Italian guys? With events like SCC, DDD and EBI we are lucky people.

Smiley

Edited to correct the spelling of a Norwegian name!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 11:24:37 am by Mat Sanchez » Logged
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 11:13:02 am »

"What's the mountain route like?"

Your going over two mountain passes. The roads are narrow and the turns are sharp but the view is fantastic! If you go around the coast it will take you around 3 hours to Kristiansand and from there you know the way.

This year we will bring wood for the fire so you will hopefully not witness to crazy vikings cutting down trees next to your tent.

Kjartan is coming - don`t think he had the heart to sell is camper so hopefully he will bring it to SCC this year as well!

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
ESH

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 11:30:34 am »

Your going over two mountain passes. The roads are narrow and the turns are sharp but the view is fantastic! If you go around the coast it will take you around 3 hours to Kristiansand and from there you know the way.

The mountain route sounds like fun. When the time comes to revisit by road maybe go one way 'out' and another 'in' or something.

This year we will bring wood for the fire so you will hopefully not witness to crazy vikings cutting down trees next to your tent.

I don't know, it was quite entertaining really, you don't get that over here for sure.

Kjartan is coming - don`t think he had the heart to sell is camper so hopefully he will bring it to SCC this year as well!

Pleased to hear it, I think he'd stryuugle to find another as good as that. I hope we can get there, it'll be good to catch up with everyone again.

Smiley
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 14:48:11 pm »

I had a quick look at varous route options such as coming up through Denmark but all in all a Ferry straight over to Norway, whichever the port looks like the way to do it by car. The coast route's lovely, perfect for a hot VW (unless the rain brings the visibility down to 2ft)! What's the mountain route like?

easy.. bumpy... shorter, but not worth it unless you are in a hurry. The route along the coast is a very nice drive that I myself drove three times last year with my 64.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: