The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 20:10:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350866 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Webers made in Hong Kong?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Webers made in Hong Kong?  (Read 22817 times)
65bug

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2012, 17:40:14 pm »

Zach,
    At least the republicans recognize it's a big problem now and want to TRY and do something about it.....Can't say that for the dems now can we. If they have it there way, we will be buying chinese solar panels and gasoline will be 8.00 a gallon here in the USA.
volkskris

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2012, 17:58:15 pm »

No politics on the lounge please. Enough other forums for that.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2012, 21:18:24 pm »

I'd run a set of those carbs just to piss off the right people.

X2 on the politic garbage... this is a car site. Kindly leave that type of discussion on another site.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
karl h

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2012, 21:41:39 pm »

x3

Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 21:52:00 pm »

Italians or Spainish ones for me!  Cool

Ted

Are we still talking about Webers? Italian chicks are hot, but some are crazy!  Wink  I guess my Italian Webers are pretty good too, though not as good as an Italian woman.

Have you seen the new Fiat Abarth commercial???

You mean this one??

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/siWVgAzhFC8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/siWVgAzhFC8</a>

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 22:27:39 pm »

Zach,
    At least the republicans recognize it's a big problem now and want to TRY and do something about it.....Can't say that for the dems now can we. If they have it there way, we will be buying chinese solar panels and gasoline will be 8.00 a gallon here in the USA.

*biting tongue*

I apologize for the political comment earlier. Had a few cocktails in me Grin No politics is one of the reasons why I love this place.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Dan Mazur

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 00:20:29 am »

Italians or Spainish ones for me!  Cool

Ted

Are we still talking about Webers? Italian chicks are hot, but some are crazy!  Wink  I guess my Italian Webers are pretty good too, though not as good as an Italian woman.

Have you seen the new Fiat Abarth commercial???

You mean this one??

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/siWVgAzhFC8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/siWVgAzhFC8</a>

You have entirely too much time on your hands..... Cheesy

Don't worry.  It's mutual.
LuftsickTero

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 09:34:23 am »

I try not to buy from china if I can. Hell, even my chinese takeaways are made in England  Grin

That goes to my "golden book of remarks"  Smiley

The thing that is wrong is the today's short-sighted profit-seeking by trying to minimize the costs, outsourcing to anyone who does it cheaper and squeezing the maximum out of whoever is left, what used to be a quarterly-based measuring is now month-based, how the hell can you do any R&D or keep up the quality in that kind of an environment. Companies get too big and you have less choice in the end. That is regardless of which party is in power and same for all developed countries. Amen  Wink

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
65bug

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 16:44:44 pm »

boy thats the biggest bunch of CRAPOLA I have heard in a long long time! Just stay away from junk products, everything else will take care of itself...............
Rennsurfer

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 20:21:04 pm »

boy thats the biggest bunch of CRAPOLA I have heard in a long long time! Just stay away from junk products, everything else will take care of itself...............

Um, no. Quite the opposite, really. You spewing U.S. political theories on a Norway based Cal Look VW site is beyond crap. If someone buying these carbs that you don't like is going to affect your life, I will make very sure that I acquire a set of 'em just to rent space in your mind.

Have a nice day.

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 02:59:24 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
65bug

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 21:01:32 pm »

Fred,
    Ummmmm, yes! Let us know when you get a set and how the tune for ya! I always love a good chuckle Cheesy Wink
Rennsurfer

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 23:57:11 pm »

Fred,
    Ummmmm, yes! Let us know when you get a set and how the tune for ya! I always love a good chuckle Cheesy Wink

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Meanwhile, learn how to spell and construct a proper sentence. Or not... I, too, enjoy a good chuckle.

~Sarge
65bug

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 03:51:42 am »

Yeah, I figured you'd get right on that. Roll Eyes Pretty hard for you to figure out the "Y" I left out.............
stealth67vw

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 04:01:38 am »

Please don't turn this site into the CLF, where 90% of the 5 new posts a day are about Medicare. Leave that shit over there..

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 04:21:58 am »

Fred,

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Meanwhile, learn how to spell and construct a proper sentence. Or not... I, too, enjoy a good chuckle.
  WOW, The post police are out!! Nobody make any mistake's

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 04:54:07 am »

Ain't dat da tooth!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4rX7-R54-Q8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/4rX7-R54-Q8</a>

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
gibber!

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 05:23:31 am »

I feel dirty when I buy China stuff, like that feeling you had in college when you got ripped and banged the fat ugly chick.   Grin

Exactly, it's usually after the deed that you realise the extent of your mistake....

I try not to buy from china if I can. Hell, even my chinese takeaways are made in England  Grin

Grin
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:27:54 am by gibber! » Logged

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

1967 1500 Beetle
1970 Karmann Ghia

SSVWC member
Rennsurfer

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 06:30:14 am »

Please don't turn this site into the CLF, where 90% of the 5 new posts a day are about Medicare. Leave that shit over there..

Amen to THAT.

~Sarge
65bug

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 16:06:55 pm »

Alright, so how many guys have purchased and had problems with Chinese carbs? The way I see it, they cant even make a part that has VERY FEW moving parts that lasts! I just would never spend that kind of cash to take that kind of risk!
    I feel it's the older more experienced guys job to spread the word about "china junk" in this country. And I have heard alot of BS. Everything from "Dont rock the boat" we want as many manufacturers making bug products as possible. What kind of crap is that? If there garbage products, it frustrates the end use and the crap ends up in the garage and the guy's out of the hobby!!!!
    I just think it's really important that we start spreading the word to purchase products that are made with quality! We start, and keep pushing until vendors/ companies here see a interest for it and decide to take a chance and make them.
    Even 50+ year old German parts are STILL STRONGER TODAY then Chinese crap just manufactured..........

plasticblack

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2012, 19:51:52 pm »

I (think) I kind of understand the Anti-Chinese products theme bubbling under this thread and when Chinese parts are really crap quality they deserve to be slated.

That said, I'd truly love these 'fake' Webers to be a really great product at a bargain price... Who wouldn't right?

I can't even consider a set of Genuine Webers at current prices and that isn't going to change anytime soon believe me... So if there is an alternative out there that offers something similar at a reduced price, we would all benefit from the keen prices that competition usually brings.

I worked for VW GB from 1977 and back then the big problem for us was cheap Brazilian parts flooding into the UK and undermining the parts market. Truth is that the quality of those Brazilian parts was far higher than the stuff that country produces today and in part our drive/desire for ever cheaper parts is responsible for the offerings we see today. We're all guilty on that score.

China can produce stuff at very low cost for obvious reasons, but quality is something they have yet to conquer. Understanding that price isn't the only factor has yet to reach some Chinese manufacturers yet.. But time will change that and in a short time the Chinese will respond to demand for higher quality parts and that is when the problems will really begin?

Nobody WANTS to pay big bucks for parts obviously, but nobody should be slating products that haven't yet had a chance to be evaluated correctly/fairly over time.

History tells us that in parts terms, if something appears to good to be true, it's usually because it is to good to be true... I don't think now is a good time for any parts manufacturers to be dismissing the competition based on any knee-jerk reactions.

If a product isn't up to scratch, then the great buying public will soon make that fact clear to everyone...

65bug

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 23:07:34 pm »

I'M JUST WAITING FOR A PRODUCT REVIEW FROM BLOWHARD ABOVE................... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy How's that sentence dude? DID I LEAVE OUT ANY LETTERS IN THAT ONE........................ Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

65bug

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 23:13:07 pm »

Let me save you the work......................PIECES OF SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy
Rennsurfer

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 00:18:42 am »

If a product isn't up to scratch, then the great buying public will soon make that fact clear to everyone...

Well written post. Especially the above quote. You're one-hundred percent correct with that statement.

I'M JUST WAITING FOR A PRODUCT REVIEW FROM BLOWHARD ABOVE................... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy How's that sentence dude? DID I LEAVE OUT ANY LETTERS IN THAT ONE........................ Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes 

Hilarious! You're typing worse than most second grade students. But since you asked, you left out some punctuation marks, one question mark and used far too many periods. Besides the fact regarding the upper-case capital letters.

Now that you've been properly advised on how to post without further making yourself look 2, I shall leave you with this; if I put those carbs on my new engine, you'll be the last person to know anything about a review. They're so affordable, I think it would be worth a shot just see how they compare to an Italian carb. But, clearly, you're here to make scream your whiny opinion. So if the entire world listened to you, we would never know anything else.

No thanks. Have a nice day.

Smiley

~Sarge
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2012, 01:30:30 am »

Let me save you the work......................PIECES OF SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy
You are really not bringing much(read: any) value to this thread at all. Why don't you continue on by reading it only.
You can consider that a warning to think through what you write before posting, and please as stated from others above, leave the politics somewhere else.

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Dan Mazur

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:53 am »

You are really not bringing much(read: any) value to this thread at all. Why don't you continue on by reading it only.
You can consider that a warning to think through what you write before posting, and please as stated from others above, leave the politics somewhere else.

Well said!  Thank you!!

rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2012, 02:57:04 am »

Zach....how could you give DEMS that much credit? They are not smart enough to know what out source means.  In fact, they don't even know what a business budget is.  They can seem to put one together for our country...Business savy and acumen is not even on their radar screen.  :-)

RM

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Rennsurfer

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2012, 03:34:34 am »

Zach....how could you give DEMS that much credit? They are not smart enough to know what out source means.  In fact, they don't even know what a business budget is.  They can seem to put one together for our country...Business savy and acumen is not even on their radar screen.  :-)

RM

(sigh)

Some people just don't take the time to read. U.S. politics on a Norway based Cal Look VW site = pointless/feckless/zero value.

Everyone that wants to discuss that fecal matter... take it to another site. Those that want to stay on topic, sorry that you had to endure the previously mentioned stuff.

~Sarge
Dan Mazur

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2012, 04:07:46 am »

For those that wish to convert our hobby forum to a political soap box, kindly line up for volunteer work in our nation's capitol.

LuftsickTero

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2012, 07:28:21 am »

Not speaking about carburetors but the car parts industry isn't immune how the rest of the business world works.

History tells us that in parts terms, if something appears to good to be true, it's usually because it is to good to be true...

Well I hate to think that few people who cannot afford better carbs buy shit and burn their hands. I don't think history will help them Smiley What ever cheap junk will be shipped in pretty big loads over the internet, most of the people who buy them cannot tell (nor care) the difference between them and other VW-carbs manufactured outside Europe. Word gets around in forums and half of the people are claiming that they work just fine if they don't work, maybe because they don't know of any better or maybe that admitting you're wrong is just too difficult..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:31:05 am by LuftsickTero » Logged

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
karl h

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2012, 07:46:24 am »

i think something is overlooked too: the suppliers that have parts made in china dont demand a certail level of quality, they just demand the lowest price possible. they make the most profit out of the product, not the chinese factory
and to 65bug: why dont you get lost, people like you (read: erik the red) ruined callok-com because they just spread an uncomfortable mood with their smart-ass-know-it-all attitude.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: