The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 17:56:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Agave Green '67 Cal Looker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Agave Green '67 Cal Looker  (Read 108621 times)
H67bug

« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2014, 08:14:04 am »

Cheesy

Nice progress
BossHogg76

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2014, 10:04:45 am »

Thanks Smiley

Just a couple of pics, very nearly finished.

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2014, 16:55:44 pm »

Beautiful!

BossHogg76

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2014, 17:19:16 pm »

Thanks Kaferboy

well after a few issues...of an electrical kind, and another issue due to HMRC feeling it necessary to hold my parcels up for what felt like ever, and then a much needed holiday. I came back and fired into wiring the car, with the aim of getting enough done to allow it to be fired up before heading to work. Smiley

So after a manic saturday, I got enough of the loom in to allow a quick visit to halfords on sunday for some emergency parts, meet DTH and get this sucker fired up.

After finding a couple of wiring faults due to me putting wires into the wrong connectors :lol:, and finding the another lead had disconnected when I was playing with the MSD. We (DTH) got it fired up, some more tinkering was needed, and more fuel and it was running like a champ Cheesy.

Anyway I've blethered on far to long, here's a short clip.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X_DWJRHm8xw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/X_DWJRHm8xw</a>

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 17:22:30 pm by BossHogg76 » Logged
BossHogg76

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2014, 20:58:45 pm »

Double update today, as I was reinvigorated due to the engine being fired up, I decided to fit some more carpet and the rear seats which DTH delivered when he came up. I'm going to have to pull it back out to fit the rear panels, but I just had too see what they looked like.  Cheesy 

Not the best pics, but you get the idea:

and yes I am a very messy worker  Cheesy

kev d

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2014, 08:14:57 am »

Loving the seats Cool
Nothing like hearing it fire up to get the enthusiasm going eh? Grin
Cheers
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
DeadLine

« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2014, 00:08:45 am »

Eventually signed up to the lounge!! ....... Was nice looking through this thread rob..... Brought back some memories n late nights;-)
VWGlassee

« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2014, 13:22:49 pm »

The interior looks amazing!

Get In, Sit Down, Shut Up, & Hold On
BossHogg76

« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2014, 23:22:01 pm »

Eventually signed up to the lounge!! ....... Was nice looking through this thread rob..... Brought back some memories n late nights;-)

I was hoping for some late night drinking in a couple of weeks but that's out the window due to work

Loving the seats Cool
Nothing like hearing it fire up to get the enthusiasm going eh? Grin
Cheers
Kev

Thanks Kev, and can't wait to get back and sort out the (hopefully) final bits and pieces

The interior looks amazing!

Thanks, much appreciated, Scot did a great job
BossHogg76

« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2014, 23:05:27 pm »

Right then, work packed me off home 5 days early  Grin So I landed home on saturday, and i was straight into the garage. Now I had just spent the last 48 hours doing a 12 hour shift, then immediately travelled back home from the Congo. So i was a little tired when i started work on the bug, and decided to make sure it still started and ran ok..An hour later and a garage flooded with fuel, it was then I remembered that I had left the carb covers on....FFS. Oddly enough it started up a treat once they were removed.  Roll Eyes

So a quick rummage through some stuff, from my previous employment in the Womens Auxillary Balloon Corps, found me a set of pennants off a Typhoon jet, and it was like i was back on the flight line.

So wiring is the main thing to get done, and thankfully apart from the brake lights I'm done. Out with the multi-meter tomorrow to see where the problem is.

Then it was on to fitting some more of the interior, and we're getting very close.

Oh and the front has to come up a bit, as I'll never get over the speed humps on my estate, which means i'll need to fit some longer shocks  Angry

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 23:11:46 pm by BossHogg76 » Logged
Straight Time

« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2014, 20:14:46 pm »

Very sweet pal. Enjoy !

No retreat, No surrender !
Good-Old-Ragtop60

« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2014, 07:00:45 am »

I really dig this Bug! Grin
(and I do know about the speed-bump problems)
BossHogg76

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2014, 09:34:11 am »

Thanking you guys

Just a little update, one section is complete....well once I change the bolts for the tank clamps. The Fast Fab ones are a little short I think because I'm running the foam gasket between the tank and the body.

Another job was to lift the front to a reasonable height, it might have looked cool that nose down, but the wings were in danger of tyre rub and the spare wheel well would have copped a battering on the speed bumps, which ain't my thing. However to do this i needed to fit new shocks, as the KYB ones on were far too short. I think I could open a parts shop after this project is finished, as i think at some point I've had two of everything :rolleyes: Smiley

BossHogg76

« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2014, 14:21:52 pm »

Ok this weekend has been one I've been waiting for,... for a long time. There have been a few trials and tribulations this week, including a quick engine (with DTH and Jerry) removal to sort out the clutch. Then massive disappointment when I thought it had all gone wrong.

However Richie Webb stepped in with some technical help and suddenly there was sunshine in what had been, up until this point, and pretty disappointing weekend. I love that man, i really do  Grin

So after having to wait to re-charge the battery the following happened Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDxpaz3Vxxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwA9pvKPzSo

and I've been doing the Snoopy happy dance ever since Cheesy
richie

« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2014, 14:41:01 pm »

Ok this weekend has been one I've been waiting for,... for a long time. There have been a few trials and tribulations this week, including a quick engine (with DTH and Jerry) removal to sort out the clutch. Then massive disappointment when I thought it had all gone wrong.

However Richie Webb stepped in with some technical help and suddenly there was sunshine in what had been, up until this point, and pretty disappointing weekend. I love that man, i really do  Grin

So after having to wait to re-charge the battery the following happened Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDxpaz3Vxxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwA9pvKPzSo

and I've been doing the Snoopy happy dance ever since Cheesy

Excellent, invoice is in the mail, triple time on a sunday, had to skip going to church to help Cheesy Grin

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
BossHogg76

« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2014, 14:51:36 pm »

Worth every penny  Grin
BossHogg76

« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2014, 18:45:34 pm »

Well 14 months after I bought a project, I now have a road legal car.

For the last week my garage has been in turmoil as I've chased electrical faults, clutch and gear box problems, and finally the day before it was due for a Pre-MOT inspection finding the horn had a mind of its own. I eventually with the help of DTH, Deadline, Richie Webb and Speedy Jim got it all sorted.

Nervously I drove it down to the garage and left it, whilst I took the cowards option of 2 days on the piss in Glasgow whilst the inspection and MOT was carried out.

Today I got the news that the bug is road legal Cheesy

So thanks for reading, it's been a great ride and now I can't wait to get out driving. Catch Y'all later

Have some pics to finish

Garage mess:

Nice touch from the Caledonia Look guys:

Dropped off for MOT

TomJ

« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2014, 06:33:29 am »

Well done! It's a great feeling. Time to enjoy it now. Smiley
kev d

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2014, 09:56:17 am »

Ready for another project now then... Wink
Well done, very cool Cool
Cheers
Kev

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
wolfswest

« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2014, 10:16:55 am »

NICE!  Cool

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
BossHogg76

« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2014, 21:55:58 pm »

Well done! It's a great feeling. Time to enjoy it now. Smiley

Ready for another project now then... Wink
Well done, very cool Cool
Cheers
Kev

NICE!  Cool

Thanks guys,

Tom your motor looks great, and those pics in Dubai look awesome, bet the locals are impressed.

Kev....the money tree is bare mate. Got a few teething problems to sort and then as a few people have said, time to drive it like I stole it  Grin

Though I do (and i'll whisper in here) I do like the look of a 240z on Watanabes, triple mikunis,.......but at the moment that's a fair way off 

wolfswest

« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2014, 19:20:47 pm »

Though I do (and i'll whisper in here) I do like the look of a 240z on Watanabes, triple mikunis,.......but at the moment that's a fair way off 

Awesome!  with some ZG flares  Wink

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Russell

« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2014, 23:49:34 pm »

Rob

Superb, great effort great look and we'll done

Enjoy....

Let's arrange a meet at Forfar one night at KFC, then some street racing........

Lol

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
BossHogg76

« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2014, 19:08:57 pm »

Rob

Superb, great effort great look and we'll done

Enjoy....

Let's arrange a meet at Forfar one night at KFC, then some street racing........

Lol

Russell

Thanks Russell, it would be the most excitement Forfar has seen in years. Wink

Right then, in other news after swapping the gearbox for one with short axles, it was time to drive  Grin. Quite quickly I ticked over the magic 200 miles so it was time for an oil change. Whilst everything was drained it took the opportunity to change the filter head and also change the lines and fittings.

I also fitted my freshly bought EMPI GTV steering wheel to replace the flat four replica.

BossHogg76

« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2014, 08:15:50 am »

A cheeky addition to the engine CB Performance trumpets.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 22:58:06 pm by BossHogg76 » Logged
kev d

« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2014, 13:07:08 pm »

Never finished are they! Grin

BossHogg76

« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2014, 22:54:53 pm »

Never finished are they! Grin

Never Kev Smiley few more bits in the pipeline, Dogback perfomance beam along with a growing pile of new engine parts.....oops
Gaz1

« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2014, 14:02:05 pm »

It's looking good mate,there is always more we can find to do  Grin
BossHogg76

« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2014, 04:08:56 am »

It's looking good mate,there is always more we can find to do  Grin

Thanks Gaz, anything new for 2015?
Gaz1

« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2014, 19:21:45 pm »

Nothing yet mate , but im sure something will tempt me eventually,it usually does !  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: