The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:27:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  Super Shit Box For Sale Beware!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Super Shit Box For Sale Beware!  (Read 45969 times)
LGK

« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2019, 16:51:57 pm »

No i think not so fast. I have see the ssb for years at Bitburg with empi 48. The new Owner have again 48 idas i think thats orginal style.
i m so happy to see the car in good hands because one of my all time favorite race cars. Video coming soon

Hi Carl,

The SSB ran not that fast as before,i saw it run a few 13.xx passes at EBI,maybe it went quicker over the weekend so anyone else can fill in maybe?
Engine sounded good but not as crispy as it was before.Maybe the new owner takes it easy on the car,as we all know Dido always  ran the car as he "stole it"...

That's also the way this car is supposed to be run  Wink

Best regards Steve.

Dan Ahrendt

« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2019, 07:48:08 am »

Hi Steve, you are right. But i hope to see the ssb again at ddd or other raceway to see if it goes faster. My france is bad , so not easy to ask spec. Is the silver 67 Dickinson car still in you hands ? Best regards Dan

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2019, 09:08:52 am »

No i think not so fast. I have see the ssb for years at Bitburg with empi 48. The new Owner have again 48 idas i think thats orginal style.
i m so happy to see the car in good hands because one of my all time favorite race cars. Video coming soon

Hi Carl,

The SSB ran not that fast as before,i saw it run a few 13.xx passes at EBI,maybe it went quicker over the weekend so anyone else can fill in maybe?
Engine sounded good but not as crispy as it was before.Maybe the new owner takes it easy on the car,as we all know Dido always  ran the car as he "stole it"...

That's also the way this car is supposed to be run  Wink

Best regards Steve.

Thanks Steve!

You know exactly what I`m talking about. The SSB had the little extra very often missing from www built engines. The same goes for Arto Vatjas amazing 2276 that totally dominated all the top list from 2005 and onwards. In his full weight 69 he ran super low 11`s @ 120 mph.

Kalle

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Chip

« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2019, 05:29:16 am »

Thank you for sharing the pictures Dan Ahrendt!

Does the SSB still run as strong as it did years ago? I contacted Mark years ago and he gave me the receipe of the 11.03 ET engine and I copied it to every detail.

-BB-
My dad and I were pitted across from Mark that day. I still remember him pouring ugly looking yellow fuel into it before making a pass. I asked him what it was, told me it was just 91 octane. Then it went and ran that 11.03 run. Cool day, fun memory.
JeeWee

the Netherlands

« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2019, 08:44:44 am »

is this article written by the same Mark Herbert as 'our' Mark Herbert who buildt the SSB?

http://lowbus.com/BB/index.php?topic=1187.0;wap2
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2019, 11:05:17 am »

is this article written by the same Mark Herbert as 'our' Mark Herbert who buildt the SSB?

http://lowbus.com/BB/index.php?topic=1187.0;wap2
Yes...

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: