The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:57:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350688 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKP ,DKK ,DSK ,DVB ,etc.............
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: DKP ,DKK ,DSK ,DVB ,etc.............  (Read 342875 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 02:32:12 am »

Well. I did find that '67 kabriolett in a salvage yard in Sun Valley CA, but my friend Larry owned it. The BRM's did belong to 3 of us- Larry's  5, my 8, and Len Hedge's 8. The photo was taken at an OCIR BUG-IN on what would have been the 91st birthday of
Adolf H.
Shocked Shocked the bug is the only good action from hitler  Grin Grin
another question tinman did you had some 356a brake drums at the front of your convert?? there's somethings silver behind the wheels??

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 02:36:37 am »

damn, a lot of very cool pictures coming out of the woodwork. Hey speedwell you should colaborate with mr. seume for california look vw volume 2, save these pictures. Grin

That yellow mike martinez car is killer, so it that red vert with brms. I dont really like verts but that one has the look!!

Any info on the blue oval in the background of the red vert pic?? Looks like it has the bumpers removed and a vert decklid also. Huh
lawrence my pictures come from magazine , internet and the lounge  Grin Grin keith know those pictures  Grin
i create this topic to have some stories and info about those old cal look for me is important to know the story of the car and the club, and to share pictures with my cal lounger friends  Grin

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 02:41:44 am »

after the yellow one mike martinez own his black chop top here's some pictures

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 02:45:44 am »

Cool

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 02:47:26 am »

inside

Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2007, 03:26:41 am »

and to close the chapter with the dsk car here's another car from shubee
gary question  Roll Eyes at the start you ran with 48IDA on your car ? why  did you change after , when you had the oval (kadron)  Huh
rgd
fabian
The Only Car I ever Owned with Kadrons Was the Tan 69 with 8 Spokes the Blue Oval had a 1700 with 42 Dcnf's and my yellow Convert had a 1700 with a Complete Empi 40 DCN carb Setup, Everything Else I Had I ran 48 IDA's On  Thanks Speedwell For Digging out Some Pictures of Are Old Club Cars and Members  I will Look Threw my Old Pictures and see what I can Find I Have Alot of Old Bug In Pictures  both Car Show and Race Cars from the mid 70's and early 80's  The Most Members DSK ever Had was 27 We Only Had Bettles and A few Ghia's In The Club even tho Both Me And Scott Owned Type III's  Scott had a Show Notchback red with 8 spokes and I Had A Show Squareback with 8 spokes 4 wheel Disc's but We Both Had Bettles to.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:44:41 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2007, 03:36:47 am »

Wink
have you some info or stories about those car from the club??? before you & scott were member of the DVB  Huh when the DSK start or was born  Huh  I am curious gary, but I like this period of the VW movement  and for me you them ancients Grin, you are our knowledge from where my interest and all these questions  Wink
rgd
fabian

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2007, 04:00:31 am »

Wink
have you some info or stories about those car from the club??? before you & scott were member of the DVB  Huh when the DSK start or was born  Huh  I am curious gary, but I like this period of the VW movement  and for me you them ancients Grin, you are our knowledge from where my interest and all these questions  Wink
rgd
fabian
In 1975 Hot Vw's Had an issue on the Orange County VW Clubs It showed A Ton Of VW's  Caravaning the Streets of Orange County it Gave The Address's to there Club House's Since at the time I worked at Auto Haus in so I thought I would take a trip Down and check out DVB's Club House I Looked in the window and saw all The Trophes the Club had one there meetings were heald on Sunday Evenings so me and a friend Ron Went to Check it Out It was Cool So We decided to Join a few weeks Later Scott and Leonard Joined then Carlos we wer in DVB about a Year and in 1976  about Ten DVB Members Left And Started the New Club DSK (DER SELTEN KAFERS) within A Few Weeks we were up to about 20 members all with nice cars even tho DVB was a well known VW Club it had BUSES,Super Beetles Bajas Ect. So We Wanted to Get Away From That And Keep the true Cal Look Going We All Liked The Early DKP,DRF,DRA,Cars Where the MOTO was Quality not Quanty That Is What We Went By.  just a small history lesson  LOL Grin Grin

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2007, 10:59:13 am »

the issue was may 75 here's some pictures of DVB club house one is from frenchy  website
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:14:18 am by speedwell » Logged

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2007, 11:15:22 am »

another one

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2007, 12:56:20 pm »

There Is Scott Bakken LOL

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2007, 13:34:29 pm »

Steve Walker Has Been in DSK Since we Started the Club in 1976 He still owns this 53 Convertible Lic Plate tell's is All Ol Ragu Steve Ran Original Empi BRM's Bolted up to a set of Polished 356A Brakes all around,the motor in Steves convert was a 1700,engle 110 Berg 40x35 Heads,010 Dist. 42 Dcnf  Webers (BERG SPECIALS) 4 Tuned exhaust with a single QP. Steve also owns a 53 Split window and a Lotus White 67 Cal LOOK which Will Sport a set of Original Americans,Weber Motor,and Other Cal Look Mod's, Steve is Planning on showing his 67 at the classic 20__, Steve is a Painter by Trade and was once teamed up with Larry Rick and had a Shop In Glendora Ca, (European Body Werks) but both have moved on now Steve Lives in Las Vegas now and Larry is a Body man at a Local Body Shop in Glendora. We are three of the Original Members of DSK we still have the Club Decals And had Club Shirts remade DSK will Live On Till We Die. We see other old Members from time to time but most have moved on to other things in Life.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:46:18 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2007, 15:02:54 pm »

here's the car  Shocked watch the plate and the stickers on the rear windows , It would seem that the car would be in Japan
That Black Ghia is not the same Car, the Black car has the nose emblem still there the side mirror is on the door it has 15 inch alloys and interior is way Different, Roger had the First K Ghia Plates which were blue and Yellow and he had them painted Black and Yellow I have seen the Grey Ghia 100's of times and the Black one is nice but it is not Half the car the grey one was
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 16:51:04 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2007, 17:40:11 pm »

The black ghia is the same car .Lenny Copp bought it & painted it black & changed it around a bit.  It is currently in Japan.  Lenny still has the K GHIA plates.

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2007, 18:15:27 pm »

The black ghia is the same car .Lenny Copp bought it & painted it black & changed it around a bit.  It is currently in Japan.  Lenny still has the K GHIA plates.
Lenny dose nice work but the car looked way better when Roger Owned it

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2007, 18:53:42 pm »

some another DKP car here's harvey rosenthal 66 , the car was on the june 77 cover with  other car club  ,watch at place of the horn grill there's some turn light signal but not lucas , on the cover there's also randy welch (red with ragtop) , mike o'neill (black with centerlines) , the yellow and the red with fuchs i don't know who owned  it Huh and for the butternut , she's still exist today 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 17:08:26 pm by speedwell » Logged

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2007, 18:58:59 pm »

here's randy welch picture from the bible from ks , because i never found anothe rpicture from those car in magazine  Huh randy ran the car on a very rare set of big wheels rims  Shocked this car was awesome also harvey's car

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2007, 19:01:42 pm »

here's the "butternut " late model,  if you've some info about the owner or another details , post thanks  Wink

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2007, 19:46:25 pm »

some another DKP car here's harvey rosenthal 66 , the car was on the june 77 cover with  other car club  ,watch at place of the horn grill there's some turn light signal but not lucas , on the cover there's also randy welch (red with ragtop) , mike o'neill (black with centerlines) , the yellow and the red with fuchs i don't know who owned  it Huh and for the butternut , she's still exist today 
The turn signal, on the car ar VW Back up Lights they cover the Horn Grill without welding up the Hole Scott Bakken also had these on his first 64 Cal Look
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 19:57:15 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2007, 19:50:29 pm »

here's the "butternut " late model,  if you've some info about the owner or another details , post thanks  Wink
This Car Belongs to Don Metzs as far as I Know He still has the Car He Also Built a 69 or 70 Convert with Porsche Phone Dial Wheels.  Don Still Hangs Out  With The Bergs and some of the old DKP members

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2007, 19:57:56 pm »

thanks gary for the info

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2007, 20:01:08 pm »

here's the black  67 of mike o'neill
watch inside the car on the door panel there's a sticker from the DVB  Roll Eyes why  Huh Huh

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2007, 20:05:52 pm »

here's the black  67 of mike o'neill
watch inside the car on the door panel there's a sticker from the DVB  Roll Eyes why  Huh Huh
I think that is a Refection from someones Jacket outside the car on the 1/4 Glass that is a DVB Jacket Patch Look at those Seats and Dash  Now that Is Old School Cal Look Mikes car was a fast Street Car He Ran Deanos on the street and had slicks mounted on a pair of Centerlines Did you notice the Right inside door Handle? The Car has a 66 Door on it No 67 Door Pull?   Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 01:36:26 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
nicolas

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2007, 21:29:49 pm »

yes that butternut car is a very nice brown, it was in a vw trends and it still belongs to don metz. i really like that car. that is the reason i have some 'flat' riviera's.

for now i hope to run them on my square or maybe switch things up from time to time on the square. if someone has more pictures of it please post them as i would love to see more of it.

and fabs: we have said that the yellow one with the porsche emblem looks 'different' but maybe someone has more pictures and stories about that one as well. to me it looks good.

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2007, 17:16:03 pm »

and to follow the dkp car here's the kg/ks chop top  Cool i had the upportunity to watch the engine this year at EBI  Grin thanks russell  Wink

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2007, 17:56:27 pm »

and now the ghia from the dkp  ,roger crago ghia was posted before  ,now here's the  3 others : the balck one was owned by bill rodgers and the white by bill de moss , and the oriole yellow by doug mische i haven't pictures from the white only this one in black and white Sad 

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2007, 18:08:04 pm »

and to close the DKP chapter here's the photoshoot club from the june 77 hot vw's
there's 7 cars  which i haven't pictures , if you have post them thanks
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 15:10:16 pm by speedwell » Logged

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2007, 18:25:05 pm »

nobody is interesting about this topic?Huh? only shubee , tinman, bill schwimmer , and few other  Embarrassed
the next club will be the der kleiner kampfwagen (DKK) maybe bill & rick will share some stories  Roll Eyes

Jordy/DVK

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2007, 19:33:03 pm »

nobody is interesting about this topic?Huh? only shubee , tinman, bill schwimmer , and few other  Embarrassed
the next club will be the der kleiner kampfwagen (DKK) maybe bill & rick will share some stories  Roll Eyes

Yeah we are (at least I am) interested, but I'm only sucking up the info... can't really contribute to the topic since I have very little knowledge (apart from what's written in the bible) about these old clubs...

Keep on posting!!!  Cool  Smiley

Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
  "The Full-Throttle Cruisers"

1951 medium brown splitwindow beetle (resto in progress)
1968 Cal-look(-a-like) (my daily driver)
jick

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2007, 19:37:47 pm »

yeah!...like jordy says.....

the Don Metz car was a small side feature in Volksworld many years ago....maybe early 90's??

the main feature was about his pale grey 'vert that i thought had Fuch's?......both great cars.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: