The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 19:06:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Interesting topic.......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Interesting topic.......  (Read 92270 times)
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2016, 18:27:13 pm »

I'm still here every day, multiple times per day Roll Eyes

I've had a lot of change in my life lately, currently living in an apartment 1500 miles away from my toys. So no fun updates until I find my way into a house with a garage... Hopefully this year. Living vicariously through others on this forum until then!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Neil Davies

« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2016, 19:46:30 pm »

I'm still here, and I started an In Da Werks thread! Interesting about what was said about browsing on phones - I tend to have a few minutes here and there, often while feeding my little lad or cooking tea so the phone is ideal. It's not great for posting photos tho.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
nicolas

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2016, 19:59:55 pm »

no time, the weather is too good, so i am driving my car, more correctly my wife is mostly driving it (every day to work), i can do maintenance.

does this sound familiar  to anyone Roll Eyes  Grin
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2016, 20:21:50 pm »

I still need my daily shot of the Lounge  Cheesy

Yes, less people posting, but also better quality! Guy's like Richie posting the making of a 10sec street car is just the kind of info LOT'S of people are looking for  Wink Even if it is to build a much slower car, you get a plan of how to actually build a street-strip-race car with a down to earth approach.

Like many of us, life get in the way; a baby, building a house this year as we found a place to, a growing family business that I will need to take care of when my father will get his retirement in a not so far time... I hope to get the bus painted ASAP. If it's not painted when we start to build our house, it will be put on a backburner for God now how long...

So, not a lot's to post as I don't work a lot if not at all on my cars. I still give a hands to friends from time to time on their projects, but mine are a almost stalled for now  Sad
RobtheManx

« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2016, 20:40:33 pm »

I still visit everyday , but have been posting more than usual ( still not much ) as my 67 build is coming on well and need lots of advise to help me get it right first time .

Rob

SPG Roller Cranks rarely live long!
Fiatdude

« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2016, 22:45:20 pm »

Happy New Year to Everyone --  -- I try to get here daily and see what everyone is up to!!!!

Since I never embraced FB, I've lost contact with a lot of people in the hobby -- -- Still have the Ghia in the garage, but I've been leaving for work at 4 am and getting home around 7 pm AND being well over the age of 60, stuff on the car doesn't get done on a daily or weekly or monthly basis anymore.  How can I still be waiting on parts too?Huh?? ...... Hopefully the job will be done in the coming month or I'll have some more El Nino days off, so I can find some time and some motivation --- LOL
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 22:47:38 pm by Fiatdude » Logged

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2016, 00:28:04 am »

I'm still working on mine, averaging probably 10+ hours a week on it, enjoying the shed time mostly.
It's not show car by a long stretch, it's a 20ft car!  Cheesy
When done it will be fun to cruise around in again, my first ACVW driver for 10 years.
Larry S

« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2016, 04:30:03 am »

I picked up my 56 project almost 2 years ago (I started a thread under the In Da Works) worked on it a lot at first but for the last 1.5 years work has been crazy. one son in college and 2 kids heavily involved in high school makes for not much me time. That's part of being a parent and that's OK. I would go weeks sometimes not even looking at this site or any vw stuff at all. When I did log on I would look around but not respond to anything. I would work on the car a little at a time, mostly just a couple hours at a time. I accepted a new position last June and have been very busy trying to get up to speed, but I have recently found time to work on the car again and should have the chassis rolling soon. As I see the chassis coming together I get more pumped up about finishing the car. I hope to have the body and paint work done by fall so I can assemble the car next winter.
I do enjoy reading and looking at pics on this site, there is a lot of good poeple willing to answer questions and help if asked.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:36:01 am by Larry S » Logged

Plan your work, work your plan, with precision and excellence.
richie

« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2016, 13:21:40 pm »

I still need my daily shot of the Lounge  Cheesy

Yes, less people posting, but also better quality! Guy's like Richie posting the making of a 10sec street car is just the kind of info LOT'S of people are looking for  Wink Even if it is to build a much slower car, you get a plan of how to actually build a street-strip-race car with a down to earth approach.

Thanks J-F, I appreciate that Smiley

Maybe the moderators could lead by example and post there own projects and happenings Tongue Wink Grin Then others would follow Smiley

It does seem to me that the lounge gets a decent influx of new members weekly so people must still be searching out forums for something? even if it is trikes!!!  Shocked Roll Eyes 

I do think particularly in winter its hard for some to get motivated and maybe just seeing an update from someone else however small can help, that minor thing to you might have and done, then might be the catalyst to another to get out to the garage and do the same, so maybe just update your project or post what you did up for others to see anyway?  Just an idea Smiley

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2016, 14:56:35 pm »

Who are you getting at?  Shocked
I am very good at reading, but I have been really bad at writing. Super busy is my excuse... It is probably a poor one  Undecided

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

leec

« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2016, 15:14:01 pm »

Could we add a little incentive to post/update projects threads. Maybe a free t-shirt for the project update of the month, funded by members?
I know in my line of work incentives/prizes get a lot of buy-in
Lee
richie

« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2016, 16:01:38 pm »

I am very good at reading, but I have been really bad at writing. Super busy is my excuse... It is probably a poor one  Undecided

All 3 of you Cheesy Grin  I am sure there was going to be a In the werks thread on a 1641 turbo 67  Kiss  And Jon used to update quite often on his Super beetle project, and if your writing is not good[ don't believe you but  Tongue ] pictures will do, they speak a thousand words apparently  Wink

Lead the way Smiley Cool

cheers Richie

vwhelmot

« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2016, 16:49:35 pm »

I`m posting as much as I can! Well , all the stuff I want you to see for now   Grin
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2016, 18:15:33 pm »

i'm still on the lounge every 2days , for me the drag engine and other topic relating to race engines is not for me , i'm more into the old stories that sarge and john lazenby wrote
so i've a quick visit , and to the happenings sectio n , i don't post anymore because , I have the impression that doesn't interest not any more people, thus I stopped posting, furthermore it had the problem of the number of photos there which we could post

need more topic about cal look and  others stuff , or some advice or technics to do some works on a car

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
richie

« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2016, 18:36:52 pm »

i'm still on the lounge every 2days , for me the drag engine and other topic relating to race engines is not for me , i'm more into the old stories that sarge and john lazenby wrote
so i've a quick visit , and to the happenings sectio n , i don't post anymore because , I have the impression that doesn't interest not any more people, thus I stopped posting, furthermore it had the problem of the number of photos there which we could post

need more topic about cal look and  others stuff , or some advice or technics to do some works on a car

Fabs, you seem to have a passion for old gassers?  and that's racing?  Wink  You used to post in the Gasser photo thread often but don't now? seems a perfect place for pictures and then maybe stories to start Smiley

cheers Richie

richie

« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2016, 18:37:47 pm »

I`m posting as much as I can! Well , all the stuff I want you to see for now   Grin

Slacker!!! get back to it Grin

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2016, 18:43:26 pm »

Fabs, you seem to have a passion for old gassers?  and that's racing?  Wink  You used to post in the Gasser photo thread often but don't now? seems a perfect place for pictures and then maybe stories to start Smiley

cheers Richie

yes i' like them , and yes it's racing , but i've more interest into the  history , the parts and the paint etc.... and not about time results

yes that true too about posting in the gassers tread but it take me  alot of time to search on the net about unseen photos or buying some old magazine with vw gassers inside , and now i've keep all for me , don't ask me why .....no one posted what they 've   Roll Eyes

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
richie

« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2016, 18:49:10 pm »

cheers Richie

yes i' like them , and yes it's racing , but i've more interest into the  history , the parts and the paint etc.... and not about time results

yes that true too about posting in the gassers tread but it take me  alot of time to search on the net about unseen photos or buying some old magazine with vw gassers inside , and now i've keep all for me , don't ask me why .....no one posted what they 've   Roll Eyes

Was just thinking I was more racing than cal look  Smiley 

I enjoy the stories about the beginings of performance aircooled VWs, racing and street/cal look just like you but we cant force the guys who did it all back then to post them, so we have to keep this place alive & interesting so maybe they want to join in and post again Cool

cheers Richie

cedric

« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2016, 19:14:26 pm »

Every day on  the lounge! But my englisch is to bad.....
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2016, 20:35:46 pm »

I'm Australian, my English is bloody terrible.  Grin

I don't mind if you don't.
vwhelmot

« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2016, 21:25:27 pm »

Slacker!!! get back to it Grin

Ok Boss Smiley
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2016, 22:49:37 pm »

All 3 of you Cheesy Grin  I am sure there was going to be a In the werks thread on a 1641 turbo 67  Kiss  And Jon used to update quite often on his Super beetle project, and if your writing is not good[ don't believe you but  Tongue ] pictures will do, they speak a thousand words apparently  Wink

Lead the way Smiley Cool

cheers Richie
Haha I don´t suck at writing, I just have not been active in writing, just reading :-)

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2016, 22:51:59 pm »

i don't post anymore because , I have the impression that doesn't interest not any more people, thus I stopped posting, furthermore it had the problem of the number of photos there which we could post
You could not be more wrong! and we need you and others to help this forum not loose it cal-look spirit.

Yes :-)

Martin S.

« Reply #173 on: January 08, 2016, 23:30:00 pm »

How do people post pics using links instead of upping the actual pic to the site? I used to use Photobucket links but I don't think that works anymore?

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2016, 23:47:21 pm »

How do people post pics using links instead of upping the actual pic to the site? I used to use Photobucket links but I don't think that works anymore?
I have improved the forums photo upload now so it is easier to upload pictures without resizing upfront. Perhaps that helps?
With regards to images hosted elsewhere it is just to click the image button above with the tooltip "insert image" and fill in the url between the "img" tags. If it does not work from photobucket it might be because they want people to access their site instead of just viewing the images? Or perhaps you are not using a link that goes directly to the image itself.

Sarge

« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2016, 23:58:43 pm »

...."i'm more into the old stories that sarge wrote"....

Kiss Cool

..."but we cant force the guys who did it all back then to post them"

Shocked Grin  I'm so old I can't remember anything new!

DKP III
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2016, 11:26:33 am »

Nice to see that you are still around Sarge! Happy new year to you and yours.

Best rgs
Karl

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
richie

« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2016, 11:35:56 am »

Shocked Grin  I'm so old I can't remember anything new!

Next time I am over I will come get my Red 67 back I lent you then:o Grin

cheers Richie

j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2016, 14:03:12 pm »

we need you and others to help this forum not loose it cal-look spirit.

Amen  Wink
Sarge

« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2016, 15:47:08 pm »

Nice to see that you are still around Sarge! Happy new year to you and yours.

Hey, thanks Karl... regards to you, too!

..."Next time I am over I will come get my Red 67 back I lent you then Shocked Grin"

Shocked  hmmm, so YOUR the one who left that clunker in my garage.... it needs a tune-up! Grin

DKP III
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: