The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 16:55:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  Where did you take your aircooled VW this week?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Where did you take your aircooled VW this week?  (Read 73813 times)
richie

« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2020, 19:46:02 pm »

I was not the best one at the sea but i sure did had the coolest ride.  Cheesy

Henk!!!

Grin

Cool to see though Cool

cheers Richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
andrewlandon67

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2020, 21:46:41 pm »

Not mine, but my grandmother's '70 Westy that my wife and I took on a honeymoon camping trip around our home state of Colorado over the past week. I didn't get nearly enough pictures of the bus until the last two days of the trip, but they're certainly good ones.

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

"Walking Softly and Carrying a Big Fucking Stick" - Zach G.
richie

« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2020, 07:00:51 am »

Nice, I lived out that way for couple years in Breckenridge and made it out to Steamboat but it was march time so just lots of white stuff everywhere Cheesy

cheers Richie

henk

« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2020, 09:18:51 am »

Your honeymoon trip.
So if the van was rocking don’t come knocking. Grin

Henk!!
andrewlandon67

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2020, 16:05:58 pm »

Nice, I lived out that way for couple years in Breckenridge and made it out to Steamboat but it was march time so just lots of white stuff everywhere Cheesy

cheers Richie

Sounds about right for any time between November and May out here... I'm just glad I bought big heater boxes for my '67  Grin  When were you living in Breck?

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

My car is what it is, maybe not Cal Look per the books, but it's more than most.

richie

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2020, 06:49:07 am »

2001-2003

andrewlandon67

« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2020, 15:56:35 pm »

2001-2003

Nice! That seems like it would have been right before it started getting too heavily developed and expensive, but maybe that's just my perspective. I miss being able to afford to snowboard there.

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

henk

« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2020, 12:07:22 pm »

To the dragraces at claster this weekend.

Henk!!!
andrewlandon67

« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2020, 16:26:36 pm »

Well, since my little brother bought a slightly Frankensteined little '74 standard a few weeks back, my dad and I have been working on getting it ready for life in Chicago as his only car, so we saw fit to do some junkyarding for the harder-to-find parts.

Here are four of the bugs we found, the fifth wasn't worth getting anything off of.

Once we'd gotten our little stash of parts together, we hid them and took a little walk around the yard to admire some of the scrap. This is one of the last really old-school junkyards around, and there are cars in here older than my grandparents. This Edsel, for instance, has been in here since both my parents were in diapers.

Eventually though, the heat got to us and we decided to get out of there, having some beer outside an abandoned house across the dirt road from the yard before finding a brewery with some food options.

So between the drive too and from the junkyard, the drive to Denver later that night, and the drive home yesterday, it ended up being a solid 200 mile weekend for my old warhorse. Hopefully y'all got out and did some fun stuff with your weekends!

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

brewsy

« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2020, 11:08:14 am »

Well, since my little brother bought a slightly Frankensteined little '74 standard a few weeks back, my dad and I have been working on getting it ready for life in Chicago as his only car, so we saw fit to do some junkyarding for the harder-to-find parts.

Here are four of the bugs we found, the fifth wasn't worth getting anything off of.

Once we'd gotten our little stash of parts together, we hid them and took a little walk around the yard to admire some of the scrap. This is one of the last really old-school junkyards around, and there are cars in here older than my grandparents. This Edsel, for instance, has been in here since both my parents were in diapers.

Eventually though, the heat got to us and we decided to get out of there, having some beer outside an abandoned house across the dirt road from the yard before finding a brewery with some food options.

So between the drive too and from the junkyard, the drive to Denver later that night, and the drive home yesterday, it ended up being a solid 200 mile weekend for my old warhorse. Hopefully y'all got out and did some fun stuff with your weekends!

Pretty cool Andrew.
WHere I live (London, UK) I dont think there are ANY old school scrap yards left... :-(

BTW I would definitely have grabbed that Edsel AND the Ford Fiesta MK1 in the row behind  Cheesy
I bought my last Fiesta for £50 running on 3 cylinders, a £15 rocker shaft from the scrappy and I had a daily for the next 2 years!!

Marc
andrewlandon67

« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2020, 16:29:03 pm »

Pretty cool Andrew.
WHere I live (London, UK) I dont think there are ANY old school scrap yards left... :-(

BTW I would definitely have grabbed that Edsel AND the Ford Fiesta MK1 in the row behind  Cheesy
I bought my last Fiesta for £50 running on 3 cylinders, a £15 rocker shaft from the scrappy and I had a daily for the next 2 years!!

Marc

Oh trust me, if I had any real money/space, that Edsel would be coming home with me ASAP. People over on FaceSuck keep saying I'd be better off finding one with a grille and a windshield, but as far as I'm concerned, any Edsel is a good enough Edsel to save.

14.877 @ 88.85 mph

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: