The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 19:45:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Show pictures of your very own Cal Lookers guys
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 91 Print
Author Topic: Show pictures of your very own Cal Lookers guys  (Read 1029817 times)
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2006, 22:07:20 pm »

Try here for Lucas lights www.holden.co.uk hope this helps.

Hahaha your killing me.........
kev d

« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2006, 08:55:43 am »

Hi Ian,

It had an mot when I bought it & ran ok but mechanicaly it was pretty hammered!
The original engine had been lost and the front beam was badly narrowed so it could run 18" golf pattern wheels.
Its also lost the italian steering wheel, gauges and empi shifter along with the smoothed rear bumper.
Body is not too bad - theres some minor damage the rear end & front panel / wheel well.
Its had some welding along the channel closing plates & rear inner wings.
On the upside theres no gutter rot at all & the original interior is all there - even down to the period sterio!

I`m working on `Fast Company` right now, the ex Keith Seume / Custom Car project fastback which is jointly owned by myself & Russell, as soon as thats done I intend getting stuck into it!

Cheers,
Kev  Cool

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
spennyp

« Reply #272 on: October 29, 2006, 09:58:04 am »

thats an awesome car kev...i remember buying that book in about 1991 after I left school and would often dream of owning a car like that.....

Java Green 64 looker....2387cc
Dirk / DFL

« Reply #273 on: October 29, 2006, 13:09:56 pm »

Very cool story, the red Burnham 68`was also an inspiration for me to transform my car into an looker....

Is Colin Burnham also in the scene now? I know he has writen some VW Books, but they are all from the later 80`s.....
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #274 on: October 29, 2006, 13:43:59 pm »

Cool ride Kev d - I just about remember it from back in the day (I was only 8 when it came out) The first "offical" Brit Looker  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
maX cal-look

« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2006, 20:05:44 pm »

Try here for Lucas lights www.holden.co.uk hope this helps.

Perfect !!

Thank's all guy's help me for Lucas !

kev d

« Reply #276 on: October 29, 2006, 20:29:35 pm »

Thanks for the comments guys.. Grin

I`m not sure what Colins doing these days, I would like to let him know his old car is in good hands - maybe get some old pics too!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
jick

« Reply #277 on: October 29, 2006, 21:11:15 pm »

hey Kev....cool car,

on volkszone the dude known as "too old for this" knows Colin Burnham fairly well i believe.........dunno if that may be of assistance to you?

kev d

« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2006, 21:32:09 pm »

Really?
I`ll do a search for him & see if he could put me in touch.
Cheers Grin

48ida

« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2006, 22:37:14 pm »

Hi Ian,

It had an mot when I bought it & ran ok but mechanicaly it was pretty hammered!
The original engine had been lost and the front beam was badly narrowed so it could run 18" golf pattern wheels.
Its also lost the italian steering wheel, gauges and empi shifter along with the smoothed rear bumper.
Body is not too bad - theres some minor damage the rear end & front panel / wheel well.
Its had some welding along the channel closing plates & rear inner wings.
On the upside theres no gutter rot at all & the original interior is all there - even down to the period sterio!

I`m working on `Fast Company` right now, the ex Keith Seume / Custom Car project fastback which is jointly owned by myself & Russell, as soon as thats done I intend getting stuck into it!

Cheers,
Kev  Cool

What are your plans for it Kev? Taking it back to way it was in the day?

Fast Company too? Can you send envy through the internet? I will have to email you some, but beware it will be a huge attachment Grin

Got any up to date pictures of the cars we can see?

I DRIVE MY VOLKSWAGEN WAY TO FAST TO WORRY ABOUT MY CHOLESTEROL LEVEL
too old for this

« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2006, 23:29:22 pm »

hey Kev....cool car,

on volkszone the dude known as "too old for this" knows Colin Burnham fairly well i believe.........dunno if that may be of assistance to you?
dude Shocked,thats an improvement on silly old c%$t Grin,kev has pm,d me,I,ll see if I can get in touch with him,see ya at slough fella

JG54
kev d

« Reply #281 on: October 29, 2006, 23:34:34 pm »

Yep, its going back to december `85 spec - I`ve been saving the mags for 21 years for referance!
Fast company will be in guise no1 - straight orange, propped deck lid with hot 1776 & hopefully orange stripey interior - struggling with the material though!
Wanted that car since it appeared on the cover of custom car in july `87 - always hated the graphic`ed period though!
Got some current bug pics but they`re too big to post here - the fasty`s not a pretty sight right now!
Cheers,
Kev Grin

48ida

« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2006, 00:59:04 am »

You can email me the pics if you want Kev, I can resize them and post them if you like? Cool

kev d

« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2006, 08:47:03 am »

Cheers mate - pics sent!
I`m going away today on a job for a couple of weeks & don`t know if there`s any pc access, so thanks in advance!
Kev  Grin

48ida

« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2006, 19:55:58 pm »

Kev's pictures

Not exactly how I remember the car, but lots of potential I would say Cool

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2006, 23:52:12 pm »

hmmmmm thats not how I remember it  Wink

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #286 on: October 31, 2006, 08:38:29 am »

Here are some of my cal looks I have Had Over The Years Bugs,type3's,ghia's.Oval's,Convertible's And Some Rare Wheels I Had Empi 8 Spokes on my 69 Bug also had Another set on my 69 Squareback, I Have Had 14x6's,15x5 1/2 & 15x6's,6's & 7's,15x7 all around and thats just alloys then had Empi 5 Spokes, then last but not least BRM's and that was just the list of wheel on my 67 Convert, My Blue Oval I had 15x6 Alloys, The Yellow Primer Bug Had Polished Centerlines with M&H's front and rear which is the same car as the Red Oval Before I Painted it and Put The Ultra Rare Magnesium American 5 Spokes  Other Pictures are Some Of My Motors, My Club Decal (DSK) and My Old Business Card Thought you Guy Might get a Kick Out It Since back in the Day I Was Called MR EMPI I Have Had just about Everything Empi has ever made with the Exception Of Wood dash kits,dash knobs,and the Padded Dash the made for early Bugs I Sold Off almost everything over the years  only Have A Few Things Left Now Days  I Do Still have 4 NOS 15 inch 8 spokes,6 Original BRM's and Just Picked Up Another Rare Set Of American 5 Spokes I Am Buliding another 67 Sedan with an 84x94 motor  this will be an old School Street Car I Am Also Planning on Buliding An Old School 61 to 64 Drag Sedan....  Check Out  My Cal Looks and My 67 Project Nova at  http://shubee2.spaces.live.com
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 17:57:20 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2006, 23:28:35 pm »

The '67 lives again, got it out today and got a few more poor pics of it.  Some day I'll get some pics that I am happy with.

"Stocker" 1835--pretty much just a dual port with 92s.  Kads, quiet pack, and 019 distributor.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2006, 04:01:55 am »

Nice looking car javabug! You really should rub the paint out on that thing- it would make a HUGE difference! I use 3M polishing compound, and a lot of polishing cloths Wink Here is a before and after pic of my GTV.

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
javabug

« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2006, 13:30:10 pm »

Hey thanks Zach.  I'd love to polish it up a bit, but it isn't original paint and actually has quite a "texture" to it that would most likely just catch the compund and make a mess out of things.  At least on the hood and roof, etc.

I love the GTV by the way, excellent score.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
spennyp

« Reply #290 on: November 06, 2006, 20:39:27 pm »

nice bug Javabug....i'm fond of java green too Wink

jick

« Reply #291 on: November 06, 2006, 22:11:28 pm »

Here are some of my cal looks I have Had Over The Years Bugs,type3's,ghia's.Oval's,Convertible's And Some Rare Wheels I Had Empi 8 Spokes on my 69 Bug also had Another set on my 69 Squareback, I Have Had 14x6's,15x5 1/2 & 15x6's,6's & 7's,15x7 all around and thats just alloys then had Empi 5 Spokes, then last but not least BRM's and that was just the list of wheel on my 67 Convert, My Blue Oval I had 15x6 Alloys, The Yellow Primer Bug Had Polished Centerlines with M&H's front and rear which is the same car as the Red Oval Before I Painted it and Put The Ultra Rare Magnesium American 5 Spokes  Other Pictures are Some Of My Motors, My Club Decal (DSK) and My Old Business Card Thought you Guy Might get a Kick Out It Since back in the Day I Was Called MR EMPI I Have Had just about Everything Empi has ever made with the Exception Of Wood dash kits,dash knobs,and the Padded Dash the made for early Bugs I Sold Off almost everything over the years  only Have A Few Things Left Now Days  I Do Still have 4 NOS 15 inch 8 spokes,6 Original BRM's and Just Picked Up Another Rare Set Of American 5 Spokes I Am Buliding another 67 Sedan with an 84x94 motor  this will be an old School Street Car I Am Also Planning on Buliding An Old School 61 to 64 Drag Sedan....  Check Out  My Cal Looks and My 67 Project Nova at  http://shubee2.spaces.live.com

nice collection dude.......i remember drooling over your car when it was featured alongside Hector Bonilla's in Volksworld many years ago.......they were both a real inspiration. Cool

javabug

« Reply #292 on: November 06, 2006, 22:25:48 pm »

Oooh yours is shiny, very nice.  Watch out for that curb, though! 

Mike H.

Sven was right.
spennyp

« Reply #293 on: November 07, 2006, 09:39:17 am »

Oooh yours is shiny, very nice.  Watch out for that curb, though! 

Shiny yes...Rust free NO....currently having a revamp....engine out wings off....hoping to be ready for the spring....as for the Curb...tell me about it must finish my 5" narrowed beam Grin plus those centre caps stick out a long way on the back....i park about 2 foot from the curb usually Grin

spennyp

« Reply #294 on: November 07, 2006, 09:41:33 am »

nice collection dude.......i remember drooling over your car when it was featured alongside Hector Bonilla's in Volksworld many years ago.......they were both a real inspiration.

Ditto.....just bought the March 92 volksworld this weekend to replace a lost copy awesome bugs

48ida

« Reply #295 on: November 07, 2006, 14:37:44 pm »

nice bug Javabug....i'm fond of java green too Wink

Me too  Wink

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2006, 18:47:26 pm »

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #297 on: November 11, 2006, 19:13:11 pm »

Very nice. Beryl Green?

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2006, 19:59:28 pm »

yep, its not mine, its a mates who asked me to post a pic up.  If you read VW ultra it was in the August issue.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
48ida

« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2006, 22:19:01 pm »

yep, its not mine, its a mates who asked me to post a pic up.  If you read VW ultra it was in the August issue.

I will be seeing this in the flesh tomorrow night when I pick my Fuch's up from Paul, it rocks!  Cool

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 91 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: