The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 18:53:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  Scc 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print
Author Topic: Scc 2008  (Read 138017 times)
Russell

« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2008, 22:22:48 pm »

We are  Grin Grin Grin

Best Regards

Russell
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2008, 21:09:17 pm »

I profit that I have a connection in a Hotel near Gardemoen to say that it was an amazing meeting  Cheesy
Trip from Belgium to Norway is a bit long, but it worth every € we put in.
And for all the people that leave to early, they miss lots of good things  Wink

Pictures and report later. We still have something like 1700km to back home  Shocked

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2008, 10:15:36 am »

cool j-f , i 'm hurry to see you at bug show to have the report

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
marcus ösd

« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2008, 10:54:16 am »

I like to thank everyone for a great weekend, screwdrivers for a great bbq, and the organizers for an all out great event. specially the track fire crew who put the fire out when my car burst into flames after crossing the finish line. Sorry for the oilspill Undecided After a little wrencing and cleaning i was back on track. The car did an 14.1 not bad for a new combo and a rockie driver and there are much more in the engine. se you all next year
La Guêpe.

« Reply #334 on: August 19, 2008, 11:25:08 am »

I like to thank all scandinavians guys, I meet during this awesome week-end, for their hospitalities, I spend greats and goods times at Gardermoen, I hope to be there with you for the second SCC.

Soon some pictures!

Thanks for all guys!

Bzzzzzzzzzz...
JS

« Reply #335 on: August 19, 2008, 19:33:57 pm »

WHAT A GRRRREEEEAT WEEKEND!!!!!! It´s really hard to put words to what I am feeling, but I still smell rubber, trackbite and gasoline. 25hp and race engines are still racing around in my head and I´m wondering why my shoes doesn´t stick to the floor of my office...

What makes SCC really special is "The SCC spirit". We got quite a lot of that during last weekend for sure!!!
Mr. European Bug-In Kobus Cantraine was seen doing track cleanup after an oil spill together with the rest of the SCC crew in their orange t-shirts. Who amongst others included Lids running around fixing stuff! Matt Keene, tech editor of Volksworld was seen 07.45 sunday morning cleaning the burning pit with a broom! Sven Goffaux came from Belgium with his Gimini Super Street beetle. He was so impressed over how helpful the Scandinavians were helping him fixing his gearbox, that he has announced that he will build himself a cabin right next to the track at Gardermoen so he does not have to go home when next years SCC is over!!!
People were lending parts from each others race cars, transmissions and engines were swapped by the numbers! IT´S ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE!!!

I´d like to thank(in no particular order):
JHU for allowing me to be part of organizing the coolest VW event in Scandinavia EVER!
Berger for great cooperation during the last 12 months!
The SCC board members for an incredible effort planning and organizing the event!
Every one in orange t-shirts for putting in work way beyond the call of duty.
NDRG and Speedy Rescue Team officials for being both very forthcoming, professional and all round nice guys!
Beetlebug, Mags, Thomas, BABOON and California Blue for great work in the staging lines!
Splitman for being our event speaker. Scandinavia has finally got it´s own Dyno-Don!
Kid-A for photography and speaker services!
Stefan Bau, All Torque, Kormi and Kurre K & Crew for photography and video services. Stay tuned for the SCC 2008 DVD!!!
The Sechs Volt club for their effort in promoting and all the work they put in during the weekend!
Our partners in crime, Nordic Classis VW Meet for excellent organization of the vintage lounge.
The SCREWDRIVERS Crew for amazing help and support before and during the weekend and the cooles club stand ever! What a bunch of great guys!
Jee Enterprises and Jon Georg for accomodation, storage and workshop services!
Volksworld, UltraVW and VW Speed! Stay tuned!!!
Ron Lummus for the concert on Sunday evening!
Tor-Odd and Jalle for transportation services!
Russel Richie and Frank Hoffman for bringing two of Europes coolest gassers!
Hans "Hasse" Landelius for bringing halv of Sweden to the SCC!
Michael, Kim, MIB and the rest of the Danish masses that showed up!
Monkiboy, Lids, Mat Sanchez and all the other English people who brought their car or flew in for the event. 2400 miles trough Europe in a buggy? RESPECT!!!
Nobel Catering for keeping me alive for three days!
DAS club for showing up with some of Europe´s BEST cal-lookers!
CSP, Skinne Bros, Tekken, Petter Carlberg, Håkan Lundgren, Richie Webb, Patte and all the others of the big bad B class who gave the audience one HELL of a show!
Congratulations to all those who set a new personal best, won an award or price money! The list is long and distinguished!

To all of those who came by car, boat, motorcycle, train or plane: It would never have happened without you!
To all of fthose who I have forgot while writing this post: THANK YOU!

Last but not least, I would like to thank our sponsors for believing in us and sticking with us. Without your financial support we would not have been able to pull this off!

SEE ALL OF YOU AT G.I.R. IN 2009!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Johnny Steiro
SCC
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:09:39 am by JS » Logged

Signature.
Russell

« Reply #336 on: August 19, 2008, 22:29:00 pm »

Johnny

NO, Thank You and your team, one hell of an event, great weekend, great people and great cars but more importantly Superb Burgers and Hot Dogs.

Thanks

Russell
VW Gasser Garage

Best Regards

Russell
Wout

« Reply #337 on: August 19, 2008, 23:43:34 pm »

Thanx Johnny and crew, it was awesome and worth every single km of the very long trip!!!!

gr
Wout
(Belgium)

Aircooled vw's for life!
http://aircooled-wout.fotopages.com/
Kid-A

The Bluesmobug is not dead!

« Reply #338 on: August 20, 2008, 07:16:50 am »

Thank's to all for the greatest meeting experience in many years.

As some of you know I've been out of the aircooled scene for many years and almost out from the car scene altogether for the last two years.
But this event actually gave me goosebumps for reliving the atmosphere and fun I remember from gooing to meets with my bug so many years ago.

It soon became apparent that it was almost impossible to be a speaker alongside Øystein as the words (and what great words!) constantly poured out of his mouth.
I could never match his knowledge or showmanship.

All for the better, because then I got more time to take pictures and talk to the racers to bring fresh info to the speaker.
Thanks to all you for providing the action and atmosphere that made it fun to be a car photographer again.

I've decided to donate all my pictures to SCC to use for promo.
Here are the pics in raw, unedited, straightouttofthecamera, not perfect versions:
http://www.sccevent.com/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=3
Click SCC, then 2008
I'm also making a show report for Gatebil Magazine, and maybe som other mags as well.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 13:14:08 pm by Kid-A » Logged

"Never mind the Track, the track is for punks.
We are Road People, we are Café Racers!"
[SIZE="1"](Hunter S. Thompson)[/SIZE]
SplitMan
SCC Crew

« Reply #339 on: August 20, 2008, 08:51:21 am »

It soon became apparent that it was almost impossible to be a speaker alongside Øystein as the words (and what great words!) constantly poured out of his mouth.

Good to have you back in the scene Kid-A!

Thanks for your support in the "speaker-bu" - I am terribly sorry I over-took the mic like I did - I just can not help it. I love what I see, and I love to talk about what I see... Very sorry for shouting the loudest, but truly appreciate the breaks you allowed me to take and the flow of info you supplied. Thanks!
Jyrki

8.88 & 251

« Reply #340 on: August 20, 2008, 09:14:29 am »

A million thanks to the SCC crew for putting up the absolutely best VW drag race event in Europe ever!!! We will definately come again next year.

I had some fuel delivery issues friday evening with my '55 street car, but got them solved saturday morning. Ran a couple of test passes spinning the tires thru 1st gear (11.9-12.0sec / 184-186 km/h with 1.9sec 60ft times). I was happy with the speed (NA, pump gas, almost 900kg with driver, mufflers and belt on, tall gears, shift at 6500rpm), but the 60ft times were unbelivably bad. Jukka did some adjustments to the rear shocks and tire pressure, and bam, a 1.68 followed by a 1.54sec 60ft time. On these runs I missed a shift, so the et's were only low 12s. As the engine and transmission were brand new, I decided not to get greedy, and as a next step spend an evening in the garage to check everything before taking the car to another race.

Thanks again for a great event!

Jyrki
Finland

ps. when can I buy the SCC 2009 tickets and reserve a depot area?
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #341 on: August 20, 2008, 09:22:05 am »

Soon Jyrki, soon...  Wink
We just have to book the track first.

Thanks for the kind words, great to have you and your fantastic car there!!!
See you next year.

Berger

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
ESH

« Reply #342 on: August 20, 2008, 10:49:49 am »

Thank's to all for the greatest meeting experience in many years.

As some of you know I've been out of the aircooled scene for many years and almost out from the car scene altogether for the last two years.
But this event actually gave me goosebumps for reliving the atmosphere and fun I remember from gooing to meets with my bug so many years ago.

It's really great to read stuff like this, I should imagine it'll be a memorable event for everyone that was there for all sorts of different reasons. It's good news for the scene that there are shows like SCC put on by such a great crew, events of this type are giving the European scene new lease of life and frankly it * needed it.

The commentary was pretty funny and handy throughout, there were runs last weekend that you wouldn't have wanted to miss and news from the tower had us running from the pits to the track many times. 950bhp? you bet it's going to * rumble!

I'm also making a show report for Gatebil Magazine, and maybe som other mags as well.

Any chance of getting hold of (quite) a few copies of that for the Brits when it's out?

Cool

* f-ck-ng
Thorsten Heins

« Reply #343 on: August 20, 2008, 10:56:18 am »

Hi Guys

Thanks for one off the greatest vw-meetings in the world!!!!Your crazy guys from the SCC crew have done a realy fantastic job.
I didn´t find the right words to say Thank You,but i´ll be back 2009 for sure!

one billion thanks

Hamster
Kid-A

The Bluesmobug is not dead!

« Reply #344 on: August 20, 2008, 12:41:54 pm »

I am terribly sorry I over-took the mic like I did - I just can not help it. I love what I see, and I love to talk about what I see...
What matters is that people get the best speaker service possible, not who does it or how many punches are thrown in the speaker-bu.
What if we supply a dictionary of our SCC-special Norwegian/English with the programme next year?  Cool

This is what my free time from the microphone resulted in:
http://www.sccevent.com/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=3
Click SCC, then 2008.

Any chance of getting hold of (quite) a few copies of that for the Brits when it's out?

Cool

I'll see what I can do.

My Bug Run report is coming in the september issue, so it will probably be a handful of months until the SCC report is published.
This is not a VW mag, but a mag for all makes, and they don't want any make to dominate the mag (I'm sorry to say Grin)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 13:30:09 pm by Kid-A » Logged

"Never mind the Track, the track is for punks.
We are Road People, we are Café Racers!"
[SIZE="1"](Hunter S. Thompson)[/SIZE]
christophe

« Reply #345 on: August 20, 2008, 18:30:41 pm »

What more can I say which haven't be said?
Nice people,nice cars,nice speaker Smiley,nice weather!!!
SCC crew,thank you. The SCC is without a doubt the BEST scandinave VW event.
This one was my third and I'll be there next year.
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2008, 19:14:19 pm »

I missed out a thank you.

RACHAEL THANK YOU.

36 weeks pregnant and she let me go to SCC. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Cool Cool

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #347 on: August 20, 2008, 19:26:12 pm »

She knew she wouldnt hear the end of it if not :-D
I assume we are to see you back next year then? :-P

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Jussifin

« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2008, 21:30:30 pm »

Hello guys! it is not easy to say more than all the others, but SCC was: SIMPLY THE  BEST ! ! !

For me it was also total new circumstances to drive my -51 ragtop on the "glue-track",  so i started safe and easy with 215-M&H streettires then changed to 10.5" M&H -streettires and got this 10.51s  level again.  When i found  on sunday pm a very-very small scratch under my gearbox  i didnt want to disturb others driving, so i decided to drive only once more with NO OIL in the gearbox! and i had also cotton there under.  It went ok and i have now here home got the gearbox open and found no damages there inside on my Finnish gears.
 So, how to avoid the possible oil-catastrof ?  It is easiest to have no oil in the gearbox when you drive... Wink

Thank you and best regards !

Jussi and Heko
Finland
(We will be back 2009) 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 21:36:05 pm by Jussifin » Logged

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #349 on: August 20, 2008, 21:37:53 pm »

haha hence the expression "crazy fins"? :-D
Nice meeting you Jussi and thanx for thinking about others and emptying your oil haha.. :-D what a guy

bang

« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2008, 21:41:29 pm »

he he jussi. that was a good way to think.. Shocked) good it wasent your engine dropping oil.

by the was your car is so bad ass.. got some awsome pictures.. respect from denmark.
Fritte

2044 48IDA

« Reply #351 on: August 21, 2008, 08:18:24 am »

Awesome car Jussi, and you are crazy Grin

12.63-174kmt @ SCC 2012. JPM Dyno: 173hk @ 7000rpm. 209Nm
oppdatere til å bruke
EspenX

« Reply #352 on: August 21, 2008, 08:31:29 am »

Got to share this story from SCC with you. My buddy Holmsen raced his orange double cabin Bay for the first time. On one of his runs, he took a long time before he returned to the pit.

It turned out Tekken was driving right after Holmsen, and he was normally towed back by his wife Barbro on an ATV. But at the end of the track, they couldn't start the ATV because of battery problems.

I will never forget the sight when Holmsen finally returned. There he was, with Barbro in the passenger seat, the ATV in the back and with Tekken and his Beetle on tow Smiley

How often do you see a drag racer carrying a passenger, an ATV and towing a "competitor"  Cheesy

By the way, Tekken's best time was 9,44 sec - Holmsen's best - 15,94 sec. Two very different times in very different cars, but I bet you they are equally happy with the result Smiley
jose del orto

« Reply #353 on: August 21, 2008, 08:58:31 am »

Jussi, you're just crazy, but that's exactly what his show is made of! Hope to see your and your car back at SCC 2009! Regards from Switzerland
Anders-DK

Less is more

« Reply #354 on: August 21, 2008, 09:05:50 am »

WAUW...!

I'm just speechless what to say about SCC2008...!
Just read all the above feedback an then add times ten to how I feel, I still have a crazy/fun buzz in my body after this nice weekend, and can still remember all the sounds, smell and how it was to lose both shoes on the sticky track Grin

Thanks to ALL SCC crew and all the different nations that joined this meeting, without any of them, this would not have been the best Drag Race meeting I ever have experiences! And I really needed this, because I had a hard time after I sold the Ragtop split in July, but this weekend gave my thoughts some new "fresh input" I already have a car in my mind, so thanks guys  Cool

I have 2 hours of video, I will soon make some small clips and put them on here to enjoy, but don't forget to buy the official SCC2008 DVD
I have the proof on video, who it was that dropped the canned beer out of the car  Tongue

Thanks again and for sure see you all at SCC 2009 - with even more racecar  Wink

Anders
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:25:48 am by Anders-DK » Logged

Best Regards
Anders
The Priest Racing
PR-Chief Team Angora Racing
Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #355 on: August 21, 2008, 11:11:23 am »

Got to share this story from SCC with you. My buddy Holmsen raced his orange double cabin Bay for the first time. On one of his runs, he took a long time before he returned to the pit.

It turned out Tekken was driving right after Holmsen, and he was normally towed back by his wife Barbro on an ATV. But at the end of the track, they couldn't start the ATV because of battery problems.

I will never forget the sight when Holmsen finally returned. There he was, with Barbro in the passenger seat, the ATV in the back and with Tekken and his Beetle on tow Smiley

How often do you see a drag racer carrying a passenger, an ATV and towing a "competitor"  Cheesy

By the way, Tekken's best time was 9,44 sec - Holmsen's best - 15,94 sec. Two very different times in very different cars, but I bet you they are equally happy with the result Smiley

That's what SCC is all about-all types of Volkswagens,great people and good friends.. Smiley

nicolas

« Reply #356 on: August 22, 2008, 13:29:36 pm »

hello, i have gotten home safe now and i know now that this will be a found memory for the rest off my life.
i have to thank a lot off people so hereby thanks to all who have made this trip to be so great. hugs and kisses for the special ones. if i am able to to it again in the future i will sure come and gladly get on the road again.

real cars come by themself  Grin Wink
kitschnkarma

« Reply #357 on: August 22, 2008, 13:39:24 pm »

thanks from fish, tony and i from the Uk - we eventually had to all travel in my yelllow bay camper because fish's beetle was bad on the morning of our departure.  Thanks for a great and friendly show - and what a fantastic route from Stavanger to Oslo through the fjords - we just couldnt get over how fantastic the scenery was - truly beautiful and the roads made for an interesting drive too.  We travelled back through Sweden and Denmark and had a lovely holiday - we would love to go again next year.....
http://all-dubz-klub.forumotion.com/general-chat-f5/our-scandinavian-trip-t1258.htm
some of our hundreds of pictures are on our club website.
thanks again everyone
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 17:22:21 pm by kitschnkarma » Logged

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #358 on: August 22, 2008, 14:16:56 pm »

I spotted you drving off E-39 in Sandnes right by my house...
I knew exactly where your car was headed and It got me excited just thinking about the weekend ahead :-D woha

kitschnkarma

« Reply #359 on: August 22, 2008, 17:21:18 pm »

i thought it must have been us that you spotted - we had a bit of a wait in customs while they decided to search our bus - then they had to chase us across Stavanger because they forgot to give us some of our things back!  I told the customs lady we were going to a VW rally -she said "You can't rally in this" - she hadnt seen exactly what VWs can do!   Thanks again for a great time.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: