The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 13:00:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Meth with Nitrous Questions for a future use?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Meth with Nitrous Questions for a future use?  (Read 2425 times)
Black_65

Life's too short, so drop a bomb on it....

« on: November 13, 2018, 16:43:31 pm »

Hello All,

Apologies if this has been asked before but im new to it. My engine has the idea to look at if people are using their motors on Race Fuel but using Meth with their nitrous set up.  I guess this is more aim at V8 guys which i need to look at other forums.

To me it sounds all crazy but i get where he's coming from, we are looking at running my 2276 on ether the currant fuel VP MS109 or move to C16 fuel but run another small tank, fuel line, pump and regulator for the nitrous system but on methanol.

I've been speaking with Richie Webb as i was looking at just changing my cam to give us a little more rpm on the track and work better with the nitrous window, But i also like this idea as it sounds like it could and does work.

Hes view is that if we used a 200 shot it would help keep the temps down by using the meth as the nitrous fuel additive and not be as harsh on the motor while using a 200 shot on fuel on the same motor.

My questions really as hes asked me to do some research on this, is...

- what jet calculations for fuel jets would needed? we think it would need to be 2.5x the fuel jet size needed if it was fuel
- would the lines from the fuel solenoid to the 4 way splitter need to be bigger and what size?
- Ideal AFR target as were using both race fuel and methanol?
- would it require bigger foggers?

That's just a few of the top of my head but id be grateful on anyones experience on this set up.

Many thanks,

Clarke  Grin

'Never Forgotten' O/FF 456 10.49 @ 125.5 MPH

A tribute car to the fallen - raising money for 'support our paras' charity.
https://www.facebook.com/Calibre65RaceTeam/
richie

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 19:17:20 pm »

That's wrong way round, most common way its done like that is meth as main fuel and gasoline based as additive with the nitrous Wink

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
modnrod

Old School Volksies

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 09:20:57 am »

Methanol engine, fuel/NO2, like Ritchie said.

Only done it on bikes not VWs. Good fun, forgiving to tune.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: