The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:54:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Brake master cylinder
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Brake master cylinder  (Read 1552 times)
H67bug

« on: April 04, 2022, 17:10:22 pm »

Hi

After winter, my master cylinder had leaked fluid.

I had a garage fit a new one (Varga) and that leaked too (when under pressure form the plastic bungs at the top). Had a new (ATE) master cylinder fitted and peddle still not firm for long.

No other leaks that they can find. Brakes adjusted correctly.

I'm running CSP front discs. 1967 US spec beetle, LHD.

Someone suggested that CSP have a Porsche master cylinder that fits and solves the problem- I have emailed them to ask if they do.

Any other advice on what might cause this?
Glauco

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 07:18:24 am »

no rear disc brakes?
I had the same problem with my porsche 944 brakes (discs front and rear).
I had to order a ate master brake cilinder from Kerscher tuning specifically for porsche disc brakes. My guess the csp variant does the same...
what I did have to do according to the manual was to switch the front and rear brake lines to have the correct pressure front and rear. no idea if that goes with your master brake cilinder, but it's just an idea..?

glauco
H67bug

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 21:34:52 pm »

Thanks

Heard back from CSP today and a normal beetle master cylinder should be fine with these non vented brakes. Will try adding a pressure valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neil Davies

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 08:43:05 am »

I had a problem with my front brakes last year, kept losing pressure and getting spongy. Changed the front brake flexis and the problem went away. The looked fine but had collapsed inside so wouldn't bleed properly.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: