The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 05:20:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350871 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  BEARD SEATS TO FAT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: BEARD SEATS TO FAT  (Read 2501 times)
Prowagen

« on: January 22, 2008, 02:47:52 am »

I have some Beard super seats in my bug and there comfy as hell and support you real nice, the problem is their wide, I am worried that I cannot run MSA legal door bars with them, anyone got the same seats and run a full cage??
The seats are 21" wide at the the widest point, Also i want to run both front seats so i can scare friends an relatives.

Thanks,
Rob.
bigwigracecars

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:07:06 am »

You just got to get cozy with your passengers.  They'll fit.  More of the car below here: http://www.bigwigracecars.com/brewer.htm  Yes, it's a tube chassis car, so there is no shifter tunnel to get in the way, but even if you had to pinch the tunnel in to get the seats closer together in the middle, it's still workable.  No hand brake though.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 03:47:28 am by bigwigracecars » Logged

Ric Campbell
Big Wig Race Cars
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:35:12 am »

They make to sizes of bead seats though, its only like an inch but it was perfect for what i needed.
Prowagen

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 11:16:07 am »

They make to sizes of bead seats though, its only like an inch but it was perfect for what i needed.

I looked on their website, but i could only find wider one, mine are the standard 21", if you want you can ger a 2" wider seat. Can you measure yours at the widest point ofthe base to see?

Thanks,
Rob.
Prowagen

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 11:19:27 am »

You just got to get cozy with your passengers.  They'll fit.  More of the car below here: http://www.bigwigracecars.com/brewer.htm  Yes, it's a tube chassis car, so there is no shifter tunnel to get in the way, but even if you had to pinch the tunnel in to get the seats closer together in the middle, it's still workable.  No hand brake though.

Sweet that looks like a 50's bench seat lol. Shouldn't be a problem thinking about pinching the tunnel as you said Ric, as i will be running the MSE shifter setup with an 091 and the rods go above the tunnel, also I am toying with the idea of a hydralic handbrake so can essentially put this anywhere.

Thanks,
Rob.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: