The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:43:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Recently discovered DKK.. oh my
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recently discovered DKK.. oh my  (Read 11371 times)
Worm
DKK

Whose stupid idea was that?

« on: April 08, 2008, 22:47:06 pm »

Lookee here what I just found.  I see Rick Meredith, me and Cory and Alex on the roof... Who else do you spot?  ha!  And a few other goodies I found to follow...

"Pretending to know everything closes the door on whats really there"
Worm
DKK

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 22:48:29 pm »

Heres some more jewels....

Worm
DKK

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 22:51:08 pm »

Some of you may find this interesting....

Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 23:19:57 pm »

Don't think that's me on the roof of the bus but that's Lisa Maxwell next to the white Ghia... I assume that's Cory's!

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 23:23:23 pm »

Some of you may find this interesting....

And who's signature is missing???

Worm
DKK

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 01:42:16 am »

Rick,
Thats you behind the red car is'nt it?  All that hair and mustache?  On the roof L-R is Cory, Worm, Alex, and ?  Little help here... its all a blurr.  I think I see Hicken, and for the life of me I cant remember the guys name in the red/white striped shirt.  Totally cool dude and waay back DKK long timer.  I'm sure Im gonna feel stupid when someone tells me his name.  Looks like Lemmons diving into the bus for another beer probably.  Far far right and cut off is Sean Luceros blue bus which ALWAYS had a smoking hottie in it (and a 911 six cylinder motor, that bus screamed down the road).
Kinda fun though eh?

Who's signature is missing... hmmmm lemme guess....... YOURS?  How'd that happen?  You can come over to my house and sign it now if it will make you happy Ricky.  ha

Oh and be sure to open the pics all the way up.  Some stuff is hidden if you dont slide it rt or left. (like all the trophies in the other he he)

Thats right
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:52:04 am by Worm » Logged

Worm
DKK

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 04:51:42 am »

I just showed this picture to my daughter and she says.." Dad is that a keg of beer in that bus?"  Ahhhhhhh yes.   Hah. ha ha ha ha Too funny.

low oval
DKK

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 04:56:10 am »

any chance the guy in red is steve wilkerson, if not I will find out because he looks very familiar.
Rick, your behind the red car? I remember that guy.  post up a pic of your car.
jim

"and that's when the cops showed up"
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 05:03:43 am »

WHOA! This is fricken RAD, Worm! Never seen these pics. I see my signature on the mag. On the roof... far left, is that Schwimmer? Rick's right about Lisa, she's there on the right, next to the Ghia. Alex G. and Worm on the roof. GOOD STUFF!

Worm Racing... CLASSIC!

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Worm
DKK

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 05:43:59 am »

Dude, that IS funny.  I was cleaning up for a party Im having and I found those.  Check this out.  Okay so waaaaaay back when these pics were taken I was having a tranny built by a local dude by the name of Dave Foltz.  ( I know, I know).  So Foltz tells me he's havin trouble makin rent that month and needs some extra scratch.  He offers me that white beater for $800 bucks.  What?  Thats a lot of dough for a shit box like that.  He tells me it was gonna be his race car one day or somethin' and that the trans he built to be bullet proof and the 1776 motor (by the way) was built by a very young Doug Berg.  Yah see Doug had taken all the extra goodies at his Pop's shop and built the fastest friggin Kadron motor on the planet (no offense Dyno).  Enough.
So my bro Marc needs basic transportation.  He buys the car from Dave.  We take it to Bug In slapped on the name/stickers, raced it hard and often then eventually I dropped $400 back to Marc and we ended up swapping the stock running gear from my 63 convertible (Pervertible) same for same.  So for 4 hundy each I was stoked out with Berg motor and Foltz trans.  Marc got a daily driver.
Its a laugh to think what that combo would cost these days.  Too funny.  Its great to see those two succeeding still.  Boy I wish I could have all that back..hah!

Rennsurfer

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 06:14:14 am »

any chance the guy in red is steve wilkerson, if not I will find out because he looks very familiar.
jim

Jim, That guy sitting in the beach chair looks like Steve. Good call. Rick M. is the guy behind the red car, yes.

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 06:24:58 am »

Rick,
Thats you behind the red car is'nt it?  All that hair and mustache?  On the roof L-R is Cory, Worm, Alex, and ?  Little help here... its all a blurr.  I think I see Hicken, and for the life of me I cant remember the guys name in the red/white striped shirt.  Totally cool dude and waay back DKK long timer.  I'm sure Im gonna feel stupid when someone tells me his name.  Looks like Lemmons diving into the bus for another beer probably.  Far far right and cut off is Sean Luceros blue bus which ALWAYS had a smoking hottie in it (and a 911 six cylinder motor, that bus screamed down the road).
Kinda fun though eh?

Who's signature is missing... hmmmm lemme guess....... YOURS?  How'd that happen?  You can come over to my house and sign it now if it will make you happy Ricky.  ha

Oh and be sure to open the pics all the way up.  Some stuff is hidden if you dont slide it rt or left. (like all the trophies in the other he he)

Thats right

Ya That could be me behind the red car.

And <sniff> I don't need to sign your old magazine!  Cry Cry   Grin Grin Grin

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 06:30:55 am »

jim

By Max's Spit? Could be Steve.

I was looking on the roof of the bus for myself.

You can find pics of my 67 here http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,492.0.html

airstuff

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 09:07:06 am »

Whoose car is the  blue late model looker with Empi 8's?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:50:04 am by cal-look » Logged
Rennsurfer

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 15:53:02 pm »

Don't hold me to this, but I think it was Scott's car. Sorry, I forgot his last name. Saw him at Bug-In 33, though... if it's the same guy.

(edit) Hey, I just noticed McNew and Meredith standing in front of my orange car. Can't tell who the guy is in the middle. Either Rob or Steve. Dunno. Worm? Rick? Beuller? Anyone?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 15:57:42 pm by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Jim Ratto

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 16:53:48 pm »

These are some of the coolest pictures to be posted here on Lounge ever.

It goes beyond the cars.....  just the sheer density of people having fun makes these pictures very cool. Summertime in VW-world in the late 1970's...  another era I wish I could have been part of. You can almost hear the Ramones playing from some big clumsy cassette player. Thanks for sharing pictures and stories.
Mc New
DKK

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 16:56:49 pm »

HEY WORM! here's a lil help for ya bud...................
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 16:58:44 pm by Mc New » Logged

"If we painted a white stripe with pink polka dots down the center of our cars, people would start doing the same on theirs"
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 17:28:31 pm »

These are some of the coolest pictures to be posted here on Lounge ever.

It goes beyond the cars.....  just the sheer density of people having fun makes these pictures very cool. Summertime in VW-world in the late 1970's...  another era I wish I could have been part of. You can almost hear the Ramones playing from some big clumsy cassette player. Thanks for sharing pictures and stories.

My sentiments exactly Wink

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 17:55:15 pm »

It's Scott Hall... long time DKK Member and a heck of a guy!

AND I believe he just joined the Lounge as SCOTTS 69 BUG

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 17:57:47 pm »

HEY WORM! here's a lil help for ya bud...................

Mr. Go-Go shorts is Cory "Slamdance" Oldroy (sp?)

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 17:59:24 pm »

Hell I just noticed... I think that's my notch behind the van.  Smiley

Rennsurfer

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 18:02:57 pm »

Nice try, McNew... that's not me in that photo. I never owned a shirt like that, thank God. HAHA!! Who's the girl with the D.K.K. shirt standing near the r/r part of the Bus?

Rick, I can't tell if that's your Notch or not... looks to be a sticker on the driver side window.

~Sarge
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 18:10:19 pm »

Rick, I can't tell if that's your Notch or not... looks to be a sticker on the driver side window.

The notch never ran DKK stickers. At first I thought it was Dyno's notch but on further review... below the belt line on the 1/4 panel, it looks like there's some black spray paint on it. I think I remember that the previous owner had used some black spray paint to cover up some garage rash on that side of the car.

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 18:20:50 pm »

scott very cool pictures it's funny to see you with hair  Grin Grin Grin Grin
rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 18:24:09 pm »

scott very cool pictures it's funny to see you with hair  Grin Grin Grin Grin
rgd
fabs

Yeah, his head wasn't always perfect!  Wink Grin

Worm
DKK

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 19:29:05 pm »

My head was'nt always perfect?  What?  Too fkg funny.  I'm stoked you all are digging on these pics.  I too was very pleased to find the one of the "group".  So far as the Ramones playing... not so much.  At that time it was pretty much Van Halen and (not likely) maybe some pogoing to Devo or the Damned. 
Ratto, cool comments thanks!!!!!!!!

Fred says....Nice try, McNew... that's not me in that photo. I never owned a shirt like that, thank God. HAHA!! Who's the girl with the D.K.K. shirt standing near the r/r part of the Bus?

That girl by the bus just might be the Lynn Ponce that signed the HVW cover.  And yes Rick is correct Mr. McNew "Mr Go Go shorts" is Cory Oldroyd.  Cory had every intention of showing up at BugIn33 but got called back east.  Hes still around and has been quite helpful with me and my 66.

Keg of beer stashed in bus, 40 drunken riotous idiots, smokin hot girlies, the only roped off club there, an elitist attitude with a smart ass edge.  Now THATS a party !!!!!   

FTW

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 19:52:21 pm »

My head was'nt always perfect?  What?  Too fkg funny.  I'm stoked you all are digging on these pics.  I too was very pleased to find the one of the "group".  So far as the Ramones playing... not so much.  At that time it was pretty much Van Halen and (not likely) maybe some pogoing to Devo or the Damned. 

Fred says....Nice try, McNew... that's not me in that photo. I never owned a shirt like that, thank God. HAHA!! Who's the girl with the D.K.K. shirt standing near the r/r part of the Bus?

That girl by the bus just might be the Lynn Ponce that signed the HVW cover.  And yes Rick is correct Mr. McNew "Mr Go Go shorts" is Cory Oldroyd.  Cory had every intention of showing up at BugIn33 but got called back east.  Hes still around and has been quite helpful with me and my 66.

Keg of beer stashed in bus, 40 drunken riotous idiots, smokin hot girlies, the only roped off club there, an elitist attitude with a smart ass edge.  Now THATS a party !!!!!   

FTW

Reminds my of that song by the Screeching Weasels "Cool Kids"

"It's a real cool club and you're not part of it!"

Grin Grin Grin

Mc New
DKK

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 20:26:49 pm »

Grin and all the wannabes were under the impression COOL was for sale! LMAO!

"If we painted a white stripe with pink polka dots down the center of our cars, people would start doing the same on theirs"
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 20:29:05 pm »

Grin and all the wannabes were under the impression COOL was for sale! LMAO!

Ya told me it was for sale when I handed you that big check!!  Grin Grin Grin

Rennsurfer

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 21:45:14 pm »

So far as the Ramones playing... not so much.  At that time it was pretty much Van Halen and (not likely) maybe some pogoing to Devo or the Damned. 

Yep, by that era, my friends and I were into B-52s, DEVO, D.K. The Damned, T.S.O.L. The Adolescents, The Dickies, and anything else Rodney On The Roq was playing. I still listen to those bands and get to see most 'em play, thankfully.

Lynn Ponce... WOW! Another name from the past I haven't heard of in years. Your last two sentences about the elitist/smartass stuff is CLASSIC, Worm. Couldn't have described it better. I remember people would approach me at Whittier Blvd. or wherever and ask about getting in the club. They either thought we were cool people or the opposite. But the best thing was... no matter what the view was, the bottom line was/is that WE HAD/HAVE A LOTTA FUN! Can't stress that enough. And after seeing most of you that I haven't seen in 20-28 years, looks like it's the same thing.

Thank God. I was hopin' that I wasn't the only one that entertained as easily and... WHOA, a penny on the floor!

~Sarge
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: