The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:00:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  What brought about the end of D.K.K.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What brought about the end of D.K.K.  (Read 20610 times)
Speed-Randy

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 05:25:12 am »

by the time i wound up with that tan 67 with the plaid seats, it wasn't sticker worthy anymore and the club was starting to unravel. guys wernt driving their cars to meetings, and that notch wasnt in any condition to keep my active status

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 13:37:17 pm »

Off the top of my head we had the following guys own Notches;

Bob Davis
Gary Dean
Jimmy Moore
Danny Gabbard
Vaughn Bachman

There was also mine but I never ran stickers on it.

Yep, those are the ones that I remember. 'Cept I'd like to see a pic or so of Vaughn's... don't recall what that one looked like.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2008, 04:16:11 am »

it was dark blue I think it had alloy's , it had a rear window wiper that he put on that I remember, he also had a red bus that I remember.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
57speedster
DKK

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2008, 07:49:31 am »

the first one was red with grey and black interior on alloys and a 65 21 window,sold both for a 63 notch with alloy and then sold that for a 66 deluxe bus with alloys. I'll dig up some pics and post them. soon
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 08:00:29 am by 57speedster » Logged
Neil Davies

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2008, 09:31:48 am »

I have seen several issues that can pull a (VW) club apart; those who drag race, and those who do not. And those who smoke ____, and those who do not..

Deano, that sounds like my old club. A lot of us got into racing (some spectating, some RWYBing, me more seriously), then some decided that smoking was more fun, and would end up not leaving their buses for the duration of a three day show... Made it a bit awkward for those of us who didn't smoke, and the changed priorities in the club (ratty split buses instead of cal look beetles) didn't suit many of the members. Don't get me wrong, most of these guys will be my best friends for the rest of my life, but the club reached it's natural end. We'll always be HAB members (some of us even have stickers to put onto our next projects!) but the club doesn't exist any more. Smiley

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: