The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 10:50:09 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351100 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  what a rip off artist
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: what a rip off artist  (Read 13840 times)
The Ideaman

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 18:30:47 pm »

Nothing wrong with taking advantage of the stupid! Cheesy Cheesy Wink

(sigh) 'Tis the way of my existence... people have been taking advantage of me for many years.
Me too!

It is the soldier,
Who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped in the flag,
Who allows the protestor to burn the flag.
Speed-Randy

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 01:13:02 am »

But there's nothing worse than a "friend" who desperatly needs a part you have, so being the nice guy that i am, i GIVE him the early bus middle seat with trim, to help him out, only to go to pomona swapmeet 2 weeks later and watch the total DOUCHEBAG sell it right in front of me and not even offer me 1/2 of the money. moral here, know your friends. i still give away stuff to real friends, but only to the ones who would do the same for me.

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 03:37:40 am »

Wow, what a feckless bag of douche that guy was. He obviously wasn't a friend.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
FrogGuts

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 09:15:14 am »

Well im Michael Boyer and i been buying VW Old RARE items on EBAY and car shows for years and try to keep low key and sell on ebay amd local buyer.. I have few catalogs and always buy them when i see them and keep the nicer one and sell the other ones off.. calling me A RIP OFF ARTIST is cruel.. But i understand your not me and i only buy and sell stuff for the 15 years and need to make money.. I sell to alot overseas buyer and dont rip off anyone. This is why i dont sell on SAMBA do to drama and people who write stuff without thinking. But no worries,i believe in karma and right to free speech.. Thanks lids for headsup,,i will be sure to block you as a buyer on me and my freinds ebay accounts now.. I will be listing EMPI original checks from dealership in 1967 to vendors,empi gauges and other catalogs and rare items in few weeks..

thats Michael Boyer, I have bought a couple of things off of him in the past. He is obviously making some money on that if someone buys it, but I guess its a free market economy, so if you see something for a good price and pick it up, then try to sell it on for a profit, then a lot of people will do it. It seems to me that the guy who sold it did underprice it a bit and it was on buy it now, so he is the one who has lost out I suppose. It isnt exactly subtle though.

Si.
plasticblack

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 09:29:02 am »

As mentioned during this thread, everything has a value and buyers have a choice to buy or not...

I also buy and sell a large amount of NOS parts & accessories and have done as a hobby for over 25 years.

Hardly anyone knows me and that's the way I like it. I spend many Many hours searching out parts all over the place and just like Michael very often bag a bargain and sell on for a profit?

I don't think I've ever over-charged anybody (at least I never had any complaint) and condier that what I offer is very nice parts at a fair price??

What I don't like to see are sellers that put stupily over-inflated prices on their items in the hope of finding somebody inexperienced enough to pay the money.

It doesn't say good things about certain elements that linger around the fringes of our hobby really?

I can't see any reason why Michael should be getting called a 'rip off' just beacuse he made a profit on a sale.... I'm sure that money will find it way back in the VW Marketplace at some point, which has to be good I think?

As I said everyone has choice to buy or not. Cool
FrogGuts

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 09:42:41 am »

Thank you..   I dont mind paying for items or parts at any price..  I enjoy buying parts and making profit instead of regular job,,
As mentioned during this thread, everything has a value and buyers have a choice to buy or not...

I also buy and sell a large amount of NOS parts & accessories and have done as a hobby for over 25 years.

Hardly anyone knows me and that's the way I like it. I spend many Many hours searching out parts all over the place and just like Michael very often bag a bargain and sell on for a profit?

I don't think I've ever over-charged anybody (at least I never had any complaint) and condier that what I offer is very nice parts at a fair price??

What I don't like to see are sellers that put stupily over-inflated prices on their items in the hope of finding somebody inexperienced enough to pay the money.

It doesn't say good things about certain elements that linger around the fringes of our hobby really?

I can't see any reason why Michael should be getting called a 'rip off' just beacuse he made a profit on a sale.... I'm sure that money will find it way back in the VW Marketplace at some point, which has to be good I think?

As I said everyone has choice to buy or not. Cool

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 16:49:39 pm »

It's always useful to have discussions on the market price level, but I agree that there is no need to get personal unless someone is actually ripping someone else off.
One can question motivation and price level, but the market usually rules anyways.

Wanna get personal? Do it on another forum.
Wanna discuss pricing, go ahead :-)

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

bugnut68

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 17:32:01 pm »

**Post removed** Like I said. Let's NOT continue with personal attacks.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 18:30:40 pm by Trond Dahl » Logged
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 17:48:35 pm »

I totally agree with jick, If you got what your asking for, Its no longer your business what the buyer does with it. It may hurt, not knowing the value!! I had a jaguar I sold many years ago for 6000.00 US and about a year later when I was teachinig at a local college and that same jag showed up and I got to talk to the new buyer to find out he payed 18000.00 US, Now that stung a little , OK alot !!! But that was before I knew how to turn the computor on. One things for sure, The guys that grind you down and go and resale is a little sleezy.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
bugnut68

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 18:37:29 pm »

**Post removed** Like I said. Let's NOT continue with personal attacks.

Huh  I don't know who to e-mail about this, so I'll ask right here: I don't understand how stating a fact was a "personal attack?"  I seriously would like to know for my own information, not being confrontational or anything like that.  Feedback threads are a valuable asset in this hobby for determining who to do business with, IMO, that's why I posted the link to the thread.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 19:31:09 pm »

I never looked at the link, it was what/how you wrote the post that I perceived as a clear statement about the person in question and on this forum we would like to avoid such.

You can email/pm me directly i you don't feel this answered your question.

Thanks.

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

bugnut68

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 20:11:02 pm »

I never looked at the link, it was what/how you wrote the post that I perceived as a clear statement about the person in question and on this forum we would like to avoid such.

You can email/pm me directly i you don't feel this answered your question.

Thanks.

Fair enough, Trond, I understand your perspective.  No additional clarification needed.  In honesty, I didn't see your previous response until later.  Carry on! Grin
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: