The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:53:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Pics of Scandinavian Drag Cars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Pics of Scandinavian Drag Cars  (Read 65026 times)
Oliver Frey

« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2008, 13:11:40 pm »

Very interesting Kotten. What type of times did it run? Any picsof that rear end?

Thanks.
Kotten

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2008, 13:24:58 pm »

I could not get any decent runs because of different troubles with the tranny at first. When I got those figured out the engine acted funny. As soon as the boost came in the oil started spraying all over the track because of a huge blow by caused by the piston rings and oval shaped cylinders.  Made a couple of runs wit a little over 200 km/h top speed but i cannot recall the times recorded. I stopped there!

I have no digital pics of the tranny but I'll try to find the old ones and have them scanned. I will return to that in time.

Kotten
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 13:28:12 pm by Kotten » Logged
Heebah

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2008, 14:01:04 pm »

I am planning on having it ready for the next season totally rebuilt to todays tech rules.

rgds
Kotten
[/quote]

Sounds like you have spend too much time with ArabiaSlugs...
Kotten

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2008, 14:12:05 pm »

I am planning on having it ready for the next season totally rebuilt to todays tech rules.

rgds
Kotten

[/quote]

That's next YEAR....  Wink

Kotten
Tomi

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2008, 09:55:50 am »

rgds
Kotten

Kotten

Actually it's "next summer". But you really can't spend too much time with Arabia Slugs, can you? At least if the alternative is to spend some time with a Lutfisk...
Kotten

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2008, 11:25:56 am »

rgds
Kotten

Kotten

Actually it's "next summer". But you really can't spend too much time with Arabia Slugs, can you? At least if the alternative is to spend some time with a Lutfisk...

Well it seems that the Aslugs tend to spend time with me. They seem to visit my garage much more often than I go to theirs  Grin
LuftsickTero

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2008, 20:30:08 pm »

Kotten, here are smaller versions of your photos..

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Kotten

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2008, 21:14:00 pm »

Thanks Tero!
Oliver Frey

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2008, 13:49:10 pm »

Very nice rearend  Grin

On the dragster you perverts! Cheesy
valtteri

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2008, 19:45:13 pm »

Well it seems that the Aslugs tend to spend time with me. They seem to visit my garage much more often than I go to theirs  Grin

Hey now! We just come by to tell you of all the things that are going on in the New World! Also, where else do you think we could steal our tools from? Heebah's garage is too far away and you guys have better tools.

Anyway, this smack-talking of yours is not without consequence. I hereby challenge Kotten to a drag race in 2009, my restored '52 (Valtteri's Revenge) against Kotten's car! All timeslips until end of July 2009 qualify and the slower driver will have to bow down 10 times (chanting "You are the Master Drag Racer, I am not worthy!") to the faster guy at the last Krem-A-Que (first friday of August). The whole event will be videotaped and uploaded to youtube and all relevant forums! Whaddaya say, will you take up the challenge?
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2008, 20:00:25 pm »

Hey now! We just come by to tell you of all the things that are going on in the New World! Also, where else do you think we could steal our tools from? Heebah's garage is too far away and you guys have better tools.

Anyway, this smack-talking of yours is not without consequence. I hereby challenge Kotten to a drag race in 2009, my restored '52 (Valtteri's Revenge) against Kotten's car! All timeslips until end of July 2009 qualify and the slower driver will have to bow down 10 times (chanting "You are the Master Drag Racer, I am not worthy!") to the faster guy at the last Krem-A-Que (first friday of August). The whole event will be videotaped and uploaded to youtube and all relevant forums! Whaddaya say, will you take up the challenge?

I love it!!

EXCEPT

The whole thing should end at SCC 2009 in front of a international crowd and the world press

Smiley

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Kotten

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2008, 19:28:30 pm »

OOPS! I seem to have stepped on the toes of the Sluts!! Tongue
Valtteri, I usually don't answer to challenges, but this I wouldn't miss for the world!
BeetleBug, this is a very lokal thing. The sluts usually challenge each other for a 12-pack of beer but never get to race for it....
I will however redo this thing at SCC 2009 as well if Valtteri shows up with his split!

Kotten
valtteri

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2008, 22:30:32 pm »

Well you know there's nothing to race for if all of it has already been drank, eh?

Just to get the facts straight, you do accept my challenge, first and foremost domestically (including the global humiliation) and if we both show up at SCC 2009, we'll have a heads-up race there?

"Do not underestimate the power of the dark si...erhm the Slug Side!"
Kotten

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2008, 23:06:31 pm »

Well you know there's nothing to race for if all of it has already been drank, eh?

Just to get the facts straight, you do accept my challenge, first and foremost domestically (including the global humiliation) and if we both show up at SCC 2009, we'll have a heads-up race there?

Looking forward to the heads up race at SCC 2009!
Kotten
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2008, 23:11:19 pm »

Holey Moley Valtteri  Shocked

I think you just woke up a sleeping bear!     Smiley

Now this is a race I cant wait to see.

Best rgs
BB

Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2008, 08:17:20 am »

rgds
Kotten

Kotten

Looks like I may get to spend some more time with the 'slugs and 'sick ones, as I'm working getting another biz trip to Finland scheduled for next spring . I'll let you guys know when plans are finalized.

Here are a few more pics of some Finnish drag cars, for you Ollie (others in this thread):

Kotten's

Jyrki's

? ? ?'s

Jussi's

Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2008, 09:12:44 am »

What ever happened to the J-Team Racing car (Johan Dryselius and Jörgen Ek) that was out of Sweden?

I lost track of Johan some time ago, after trading emails with him for a few years, and would like to know what he's up to now and/or catch up with him again.

Here are some old pics of the J-Team car:

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2008, 22:27:34 pm »

I know the car is sitting unused in a Norwegian garage...  who knows, maybe it will roll this summer?

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Kotten

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2008, 20:24:22 pm »

Just for your information Valtteri.
Yesterday I started up the engine and run in the camshaft. I also ordered the ticket and depot space for SCC 2009. See you there!

Kotten

Looking forward to the heads up race at SCC 2009!
Kotten
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2008, 14:13:53 pm »

Mika`s old car is for sale here in Norway;

http://www.autodb.no/cgi-bin/car/requestframe.pl?nr=2045869

Roman

« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2009, 21:24:21 pm »

Here is Håkan Norenius street/race car. It made 6.90's on the 1/8 mile in 1994 with a type 4 turbo engine.
I visited him last week and he still has it! In 1995 it was backhalved and a new, bigger engine was under construction when he decided to buy a house. It's in a shed now under a lot of dust, and it is for sale.
The bad thing is that the cage is not up to date for todays NHRA/SHRA standards.

If someone is interested, drop me a PM and I will give you the contact information.

He also has a type 4, 78x101.6 engine with drysump, turbo - T04 AR60 , 48 x 40 heads etc in pieces, all for sale. I would have bought it if I wasn't a N/A type 1 guy!
alfie the monster

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2009, 16:47:33 pm »

And in action

For some reason I love this car  Cool

JG54 Grunherz
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2009, 18:53:18 pm »

And in action

For some reason I love this car  Cool
why Huh................. oh yes black car rocks  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes........................... Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
JS

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2009, 20:18:45 pm »

Making fun of my BLACK car are we Fabian?  Angry Grin Grin

Signature.
alfie the monster

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2009, 20:25:27 pm »

There's a black car there  Huh

JG54 Grunherz
64 RCR

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2009, 20:43:00 pm »

I think its because the red car is fast and runs in the 12`s  Tongue Wink Grin
alfie the monster

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2009, 21:24:21 pm »

Looks very much like mine  Grin

Hoping for a 12 by the end of the year too  Wink

JG54 Grunherz
1835cc

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2009, 13:54:40 pm »

.....Hope to try it at scc,1835 with turbo Smiley
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 14:00:13 pm by 1835cc » Logged
Heebah

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2009, 11:22:58 am »

So what´s happening here?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WcLvzMgArhQ/Sn1pGm0f2sI/AAAAAAAABFg/dw3ANuQHYfw/s1600-h/IMG_2050.jpg

[/quote]
Kafur1

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2009, 17:06:13 pm »

Some pics of the Swedish (what else?) eight cylinder type4 engine:

what is the host for this beast of a motor?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 17:07:59 pm by Kafur1 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: