The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 15:55:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Pics of Scandinavian Drag Cars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Pics of Scandinavian Drag Cars  (Read 65030 times)
Roman

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 22:38:10 pm »

Freddes split is in the 9's, but I don't know how fats it is - maýbe 9.7 - 9.8 or so, but it has potential for a lot more.
The dragster has a 2.3 liter engine and runs in super gas (9.90 index).
I have some pictures of Håkans New beetle as well, and it was crashed in the first run ever due to a very bad track. I have some photos of it somewhere.
It was a US import, but with some updates here in Sweden. I talked to Håkan yesterday and he is making the season premiere with the brown car July 11 with more boost, bigger turbo and a new Autronic EFI system.
More pics coming up later!
Petter Carlberg

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 22:12:51 pm »

Here a picture of a car who died to young. Built by Fredrik Ström and Marcus Arthursson from Sweden. I think they raced it -96 season and crached it -97. It was a very beautiful car with lots of potential.
Roman

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 18:53:39 pm »

Jack from Uppsala and his split. I think it is the ex Anders Fridh engine in it, but I don't know what happened to the car.
Oliver Frey

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 20:11:40 pm »

Oliver Frey

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 20:29:17 pm »

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 20:31:04 pm by Oliver Frey » Logged
Oliver Frey

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 01:26:57 am »

Met Henry Forsgren from Finland in NC, USA at a ECPRA Pro Stock race, while he was in the states on business. Really nice fella. Funny thing is I was checking out his site years ago.

His new dragster.

His old super  streeter

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:29:27 am by Oliver Frey » Logged
Oliver Frey

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 01:40:19 am »

Very COOOOOOOL and fast split.

Shocked Grin
marcus ösd

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 15:02:20 pm »

Jack owns the ex fridh sqareback too and the engine was back in the typ3 a few years ago. But the car havent been seen for several years now and the last time i met jack he was with fridh and the circut racer new beetle.
JustinCase

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 21:36:31 pm »

Shit happens in Finland.... Sad

Tekken

www.proturbovw.com

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 22:24:09 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

erikaa

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 01:25:12 am »

Skinne´s car
Oliver Frey

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 14:09:33 pm »

WOW WTF happened to Leif's car?  Shocked
Jyrki

8.88 & 251

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 20:23:15 pm »

Ok, I feel i need to correct this. I bought Leif's car earlier this year without the engine and transmission, and I have the chassis safely in my garage. What I don't have anymore is the car's body (the orange '64 with a split window) - I did not have space to store the body, so I sold it to a younger "enthusiast".
At the time of buying the car the plan was to replace the body with a full-steel oval window body, and a couple of weeks ago I was lucky to find a nice stripped '53. So the plan is still valid - I will rebuild it to look like an early oval street car, with a full chassis underneath. The engine and transmission may come from my '65 (http://cal-look.no/top10pics/_jyrki65.jpg), or not (TBD). This is a major project for me, and I guess it will take at least a couple of years to complete, easily. I will post a couple of pics later this year, once I have the body and chassis together.

Jyrki
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 15:53:30 pm by Jyrki » Logged
Oliver Frey

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 20:32:20 pm »

I'm familiar with your black beetle Jyrki. (it was light blue a long time ago, correct)

Good luck on the new project. I didn't think the chassis in the photos from above were Leif's, just the body. Keep us posted and thanks for info on Leif's chassis. If your new car turns out as nice as your black 65, I can't wait to see it.
JustinCase

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2008, 20:57:11 pm »

Also feel bad that i didn´t told in my post that, it was only the body that was hacked off.. Undecided  Really looking forward of what Jyrki can make out of this project !!!  Grin
Heebah

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 12:45:25 pm »

Sneak peek... Roll Eyes

-tOmi-

Ok, I feel i need to correct this. I bought Leif's car earlier this year without the engine and transmission, and I have the chassis safely in my garage. What I don't have anymore is the car's body (the orange '64 with a split window) - I did not have space to store the body, so I sold it to a younger "enthusiast".
At the time of buying the car the plan was to replace the body with a full-steel oval window body, and a couple of weeks ago I was lucky to find a nice stripped '53. So the plan is still valid - I will rebuild it to look like an early oval street car, with a full chassis underneath. The engine and transmission may come from my '65 (http://cal-look.no/top10pics/_jyrki65.jpg), or not (TBD). This is a major project for me, and I guess it will take at least a couple of years to complete, easily. I will post a couple of pics later this year, once I have the body and chassis together.

Jyrki
Ragtop

8.93 at SCC 2012

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 10:13:41 am »

The 910 heads have finally made it to Sweden, saw that box yesterday.Freddes split has run a 9.70 something I think, please correct me if I am wrong. The engine seized up last season ending in a fire. New engine is being built. Lot´s of horsepower..

Turbo Town "Home of the overboost addicts"
Roman

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2008, 08:29:53 am »

Met Henry Forsgren from Finland in NC, USA at a ECPRA Pro Stock race, while he was in the states on business. Really nice fella. Funny thing is I was checking out his site years ago.

His new dragster.

Henrys dragsters resides in Kotten Tallgrens garage in Helsinki without engine and tranny. I visited him this weekend, I will post some pictures later.
Marty

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2008, 18:54:56 pm »

Sneak peek... Roll Eyes

-tOmi-

Jyrki

SWEET!
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2008, 00:09:18 am »

Skinne´s car

Thats 727hp right there....One day I`m sure we will see this extreme machine shine.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Marty

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008, 02:38:00 am »

Skinne´s car

Thats 727hp right there....One day I`m sure we will see this extreme machine shine.

What is it?
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008, 11:25:47 am »

Skinne´s car

What is it?

A WBX with a huge turbo:

86x101,6
JE custom pistons.
5.5 H-beams
Engle tsc 20 cam wit 1.3 rockers
OEM heads with offcentre guides. Big valves, thin stems.
Dry sump.
Dual trottle boddies on custom on-off intakes.
Big Charge cooler
EFI tecnology injection.

I just heard that it was dynoed again - 740hp / 880nm without nitrous. I hope the builder Skinne Bros Racing will find a driver for it and that they will be able to do a couple of decent runs with it this year. I do think it is worth mentioning that this car is street legal and is also driven on the streets in Norway.

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
jyri eramaa

no cuts - no glory

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2008, 13:42:33 pm »

what is that giant turbo???

Shocked
marcus ösd

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 10:31:01 am »

Jacks red splittwindow racer is for sale at www.blocket.se/vi/17233510.htm?ca=3_s
No engine and case and a bit rugged
Jyrki

8.88 & 251

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2008, 16:24:07 pm »

I promised to send some pictures once I have something to show. Here you go, a mock-up of the chassis + body. The chassis was blasted, and the body cut to fit over the chassis. They're not attached to each other yet. Also, the front spindle mount wheels are just for mock-up purposes - the plan is to fit 4 wheel brakes.

Jyrki
LuftsickTero

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2008, 19:19:00 pm »

Henrys dragsters resides in Kotten Tallgrens garage in Helsinki without engine and tranny. I visited him this weekend, I will post some pictures later.

Here are some shots of the dragster from back in the day in Alastaro.. Apart from the dragster Kotten and his Bay Window still look pretty much the same  Smiley

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
LuftsickTero

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2008, 19:27:48 pm »

I promised to send some pictures once I have something to show. Here you go, a mock-up of the chassis + body. The chassis was blasted, and the body cut to fit over the chassis. They're not attached to each other yet. Also, the front spindle mount wheels are just for mock-up purposes - the plan is to fit 4 wheel brakes.

That'll be awesome car when finished Cool Looks like the '55 needs new "cabriolet" engine lid now? There is one lid looking for an Oval in Töölö Wink

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Oliver Frey

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2008, 13:39:47 pm »

Here are some shots of the dragster from back in the day in Alastaro.. Apart from the dragster Kotten and his Bay Window still look pretty much the same  Smiley

What type of engine is he running in these pictures? 16V VW?
Oliver Frey

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2008, 13:50:26 pm »

Another Awesome car Grin
Kotten

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2008, 13:06:48 pm »

What type of engine is he running in these pictures? 16V VW?

Hi,
The engine was a 1715 (if I remember correctly) made from an originally 8 valve 1600 engine with a 1800 stroke. It had an Oettinger 16 valve head with turbo, intercooler and a Kuegelfisher mechanical injection. It was an old rallyecross engine and did not work very well. Would have needed a new engine block or a borejob and new pistrons. I am more of an aircooled guy anyway and due to lack of funds I left the car sitting for a long time until Henry wanted to lease the chassis.

A more interesting feature at that time however was the transaxle. It was (is as I still have it stored) a Dominator Engineering constructed piece with the gearbox from a Ford Maverick coupled to a rear end with a Frameworks live axle setup through a set of Quick change gears and a chain. Looks a bit like a mutated vw transaxle, only much heavier.

All of this happened in the early -90:ies

I am nowadays working on my top chopped drag beetle that has been with me since 1978 (=30 years). I am planning on having it ready for the next season totally rebuilt to todays tech rules.

rgds
Kotten
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: