The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 07:40:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Probably my fault
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Probably my fault  (Read 10284 times)
Casey

« on: June 12, 2008, 17:23:54 pm »

So at the Classic I left my windows down, right!  Around noon I went to check on my thing and as I walk up I see a set of little hands hangin' on to my door post. "Holly crap". I pick up the pace, slosh a little brew out of the red cup and haul some ass over there. I find a whole family staring at there son...STANDING ON MY RUNNING BOARDS, checking it out. I was a few beers down so I did let the parents know how I felt about that. AAAANNNNNDDDDDD he went over to my deck lid(with the tri prop holder deally) and was pulling down on it to close! What the F--k dude. After I scared them off some people said just before me, he was yankin' on Jason Fosters hood handle trying to open the damb thing. No friggin’ respect ya know. Imagine them pulling that crap at Cars and Coffee!! Anyone else got some stories like this? Casey

DKP III
Jim Ratto

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 17:32:16 pm »

One time many years ago, I came out to my car after a day's work and found a big German Shepherd panting and slobbering and shedding in my '67. I delivered flowers in high school and the flower shop was next door to a vetrinarian's office. Same thing, I left my windows down (it was hot). The dog was friendly (thank god) so i walked him into vet's office and asked "WTF?"
the lady at the desk said "we thought he would look cute in that VW"

Shocked

louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 17:33:15 pm »

Wow, that sucks man. I would have read them the riot act too. They should at least have the courtesy to ask.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 18:50:15 pm »

Two stories.

We were at a park in Fullerton for my Godson's birthday. My Mustang was parked in the lot of the park. I come out to find some dirty kid in diapers crawling on the hood. I lifted him off and returned him to his parents. I tried to explain my... uh displeasure but I don't think they had enough understanding of the English language to unsdersatnad what I was getting at.

Next Story: I was going to Saddleback College when my '67 was my daily. I came out from class to find two girls chatting. One was seated in the drivers seat of the car parked next to mine and the other was leaning against the passenger door of my '67. So I walk up to my '67 and walk around it like I'm checking it out. Then I interrupt their conversation and I say to the girl leaning on the car;

"Excuse me... is this your car??"
Girl: "No"
Me: "Well it's very nice... do you know who owns it?"
Girl: "I don't know whose it is."
Me: " I bet whoever owns it must be really proud of it. He must spend hours working on it, fixing it up, washing and cleaning it. And I bet he'd appreciate it if you didn't rub your fat ass all over it."

By this time I had walked over to the drivers door. I then unlocked the car, threw my books into it, fired it up and drove away.  Grin Grin

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Casey

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 19:09:59 pm »

I can see it now.  "like, oh my god, no I don't know whose it is" "Like....who cares" You should of just tackled her Rick, got in and spun the wheels and shot rocks on her friends car. That’s how I would have done it. Tongue

I love the VW commercial where the guy tackles the shopping cart! Funny shit.

DKP III
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 19:31:07 pm »

I can see it now.  "like, oh my god, no I don't know whose it is" "Like....who cares" You should of just tackled her Rick, got in and spun the wheels and shot rocks on her friends car. That’s how I would have done it. Tongue

Well it was the 80s! Wink

Taylor

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 19:33:37 pm »

one time at classic about 3 years ago me and Henry from DKP were talking and from the corner of my eye I see someone sitting in his car (nobody we know) so we went over there and he was like.... "um can you get out of my car please" kind of in a WTF tone and the guy got out and was like dont leave it unlocked if you dont want people in it.  I was thinking this isnt a used car lot Ahole.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 19:46:56 pm »

one time at classic about 3 years ago me and Henry from DKP were talking and from the corner of my eye I see someone sitting in his car (nobody we know) so we went over there and he was like.... "um can you get out of my car please" kind of in a WTF tone and the guy got out and was like dont leave it unlocked if you dont want people in it.  I was thinking this isnt a used car lot Ahole.

you have to wonder where these cluless dumb$hits come from......   Roll Eyes
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 19:49:00 pm »

Oh man... those stories are horrifying. Thankfully, I've never had that problem when displaying any of my cars. At the recent Classic, I locked up the car and just stopped by every few minutes to check on it. My friend, Bob, assured me that the crowd is very respectful and they stay away from the cars. I never believe anyone till I see it for myself. I lucked out and had no probs. Of course, there were a lot of nicer cars than mine there, so that's a factor. Unless I know the crowd, I always stay near my cars when they're opened up, just for the reason of this thread.

I think the only time I left one unattended, while everything was open, was in the Summer of 2000 at the Porsche Parade Concours d' Elegànce in Sacto, Nor Cal. Which turned out to be a rather funny story. The judging team came by with each person on a different portion of the cars. The undercarriage guy asks around who's car was the Zermatt Silber one. I happened to be talking to some friends within earshot and said it was mine and why? He then asks me if it's a daily driver to which I said yes, why? Afterwards, every single member of the team was literally laying on their backs, underneath my car in total awe. HAHAHA!!! The cosmoline covered garage queen owners in my division came down the aisle to see why the whole team was all over my car. It was really hard to keep a straight face. They all got back to their feet and told me that I was going to score high in the undercarriage part. I said, "SCENIC!" Then, smiled and went back to my group of friends. I looked over and saw a few pissed off P-car owners looking under my car before they walked back to their cars, down the row. One of the judges came up to me, later, and asked if I had the transmission and rear end replaced. I told him no... the car's all original and only had 135,000 miles. The paint was original but in sad shape with a lot of weather checks and whatnot. But for a daily driver, it cleaned up nicely. Needless to say, I came in fourth place that year out of 40+ cars.

At the banquet, a few people in my division were outraged that I showed up to the country club during the car show in Dickies shorts, Vans skateboard shoes, and a Harbour Surfboards shirt. Again, Jim (old childhood friend and fellow P.C.A. member and current S.C.C.A. racecar owner) and I couldn't keep the straight faces on much longer before losing it. Then, I got crap for wearing an orange Hawaiian shirt and jeans to the banquet. Hey, they said collared shirt! Never tell a surfer how to dress. HAHA!! I guess a couple cars' owners were bummed when their perfect paint cars with only 28,000 miles got beat by an average looking car that was detailed to the hilt. What I got tired of hearing the rest of the week was how I wasn't supposed to enter my first Porsche show in a national event as opposed to several local events. HUH? WHO CARES??? It's my car and I'll do what I want. So instead of my usual smart-assed sarcatic replies, it took all that I could muster to simply say, "I really like your car... it looks great." Jim and I went outside to enjoy a cigar and another Guinness. Of course, we were laughin' our asses off out there, as well. GOOD TIMES that I'll never forget.

The next day, at the track during the racing portion of it all, a few of my chapter members wanted to know how I got the car so clean, underneath. I told 'em it was really simple... I literally spent two hours STRAIGHT steam cleaning the undercarriage right before the trip up north. Working for ARCO Pipeline Co. as a pipeline operator, I had complete access to our own private steam rack, jacks, hazmat suits, gloves, and facemasks. So, the car was lifted high on all four corners and I got fully covered with protective gear and went to town. The night before we left, I was under the car, at my house... using rubber protectant, Q-Tips, wax, Mother's Polish, and carnuba wax on everything that I could get to. Even the Fuchs wheels were waxed on the backside and the tires were dressed on both sides. Just wanted to blow a few minds.

Mission accomplished.

Grin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 00:15:09 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Rennsurfer

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 00:19:28 am »

you have to wonder where these cluless dumb$hits come from......   Roll Eyes

Stanton?

~Sarge
bmxnut65

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 02:54:14 am »

I remember that well Taylor,people act like they can just get in your car and think that it is theirs.what f--- are people thinking

Der Kleiner Panzers
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 03:27:30 am »

How about the time my Manx was parked on the VolksWorld Trade stand at Bug Jam a couple of years ago - it did not have the roof fitted and I stood there and watched as some idot lifted his son over the side of the Manx so he could WALK aorund all over my interior - THANKS  Roll Eyes Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 05:29:13 am »

So at the Classic I left my windows down, right!  Around noon I went to check on my thing and as I walk up I see a set of little hands hangin' on to my door post. "Holly crap". I pick up the pace, slosh a little brew out of the red cup and haul some ass over there. I find a whole family staring at there son...STANDING ON MY RUNNING BOARDS, checking it out. I was a few beers down so I did let the parents know how I felt about that. AAAANNNNNDDDDDD he went over to my deck lid(with the tri prop holder deally) and was pulling down on it to close! What the F--k dude. After I scared them off some people said just before me, he was yankin' on Jason Fosters hood handle trying to open the damb thing. No friggin’ respect ya know. Imagine them pulling that crap at Cars and Coffee!! Anyone else got some stories like this? Casey

Shocked    I do tend to be a little to trustworthy when I show my car. I usually leave it open windows down unattended... GEEZ Casey it takes all kinds huh Bud.   Jason

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 06:17:59 am »

That same kid and family was touching my doors too. I was shocked that the father didn't say anything so I had to kindly tell the boy to stay behind the rubber rail I had. After the father noticed I was talking to his son he came over to me and wondered what was going on??? Geeee!  Undecided Some fuckin people have no respect for other people stuff. The rubber rails I have do work but some kids that come from families that don't give a fuck usually don't get it. I have no problem with families that teach their children to be independent BUT that was going a little tooo far! As a father of two young boys I have taught them respect for other peoples possesions. Dyno Don helped A LOT by keeping the car clean throughout the event.

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Jim Ratto

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 16:16:21 pm »

That same kid and family was touching my doors too. I was shocked that the father didn't say anything so I had to kindly tell the boy to stay behind the rubber rail I had. After the father noticed I was talking to his son he came over to me and wondered what was going on??? Geeee!  Undecided Some fuckin people have no respect for other people stuff. The rubber rails I have do work but some kids that come from families that don't give a fuck usually don't get it. I have no problem with families that teach their children to be independent BUT that was going a little tooo far! As a father of two young boys I have taught them respect for other peoples possesions. Dyno Don helped A LOT by keeping the car clean throughout the event.

change those rails to metal. You oughta be able to run some voltage through them, right?  Cool
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 16:35:22 pm »

change those rails to metal. You oughta be able to run some voltage through them, right?  Cool
good idea jim  Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
LuftsickTero

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 18:01:42 pm »

Couple of my favourite shots of that kind of a people people in action next to the "please don't touch signs" Smiley Volksworld Show and Ferrari Museum in Maranello.. In neither case those dimwits weren't even bothered ending up is someone's memorycard.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 18:06:27 pm by LuftsickTero » Logged

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 21:59:20 pm »

Those two individuals are slow learners who obviously can't read and/or are just plain ignorant. I'd have to say something to 'em even if those weren't my cars. People like that have no business being around nice cars.

~Sarge
Dave Galassi .

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 00:05:22 am »

Summer 1987.......family reunion at my house.  Mom asks to show my Notchback to relatives from Ohio and Michigan.  I reluctantly agree to this and bring the car out.  Everyone is careful with the car and it is time to close it up.  Mom walks up to the car, from the left front fender to the door and proceeds to attemp to close the door with her KNEE.

The door buckled right in the middle -  covering roughly a square foot of damage.  She apologizes and asks "Can it be fixed?"

What are you going to do or say?  I excused myself and went inside for a while.  Deep breathing. 

After the reunion was over I went out, pulled the door panel, located the center of the dent and pushed...............the dent came out save for a small vertical line at the center of the buckle.  Fixed it and learned to be more careful.  For some, a car is just a car.

louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 01:02:55 am »

For some, a car is just a car.

Ain't that the truth. Sort of on the same lines a friend of mine was driving his '68 looker back from Bug Jam several years ago. This was a nicely done car that he drove all the time. It had taken him close to four years to build that car doing most everything himself. He was on I-10 in the outside lane cruising along at around the speed limit when this old guy in a beat up Ford pickup realizes he is about to miss his turn and crosses three lanes of traffic to try and make the off ramp. Unfortunately, my friend's car happened to be in the way and he slammed into him. Smashed the whole front end of the car and took out two original EMPI eight spokes. Guy gets out and says "At least its just an old VW, it can not cost that much to fix" If it had not been for his wife, my friend would have slugged the old guy.  Angry

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 02:30:31 am »

Good idea. I have a neon transfrmr that would do the trick. 2,500V of pure ooohhhhshhhiiittttttt!

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
H67bug

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 09:22:47 am »

Yep. At Volksworld show an adult tried to force my decklid closed with the prop in it... and when I asked him stop he initially kept going then stopped and gave me the filthiest look. At the same show the year before I left the car inside but it got dusty as I wasnt their to dust mop it, some parents let their sprog write in the dust whilst standing on the running boards.

... made me really mad actually.
Tim C

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 11:59:50 am »

Not nice when someone is hands on/in someone elses car.

I always laugh at this picture of the back of my old 63 on Tero's site (below) - note small hand on left hand side rear light cluster (midget or child?)  Cheesy

JG54 Greenhearts
nicolas

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 17:57:09 pm »

well parents do stupid stuff as well. this was  not my mom but my dad.
but it still is unconfirmed or proven 100% he did it. it ain't a crime if you don't get caught right??

well i was working at the fastback some months ago and noticed a big dent/scratch in the front fender. OK the car has been out once and didn't have it then, and all the other dings and dents are me to blame, and i have beaten myself in the head several times for them. but this one is new, deep and in plain vieuw...
i hate it, so my dad walks in and i ask him about it and he denies it. but the way he said it i knew. something like. "yeah, that was bound to happen, with all the stuff around, no-one can get to the shelf anymore." when i tell him there is nothing on the shelf except my stuff he just glances at the ding and walks away...

i hated it. 
Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 18:33:41 pm »

When I used to show my 23 Window Camper I once came back to it to find a whole family sat in the rear area at the table. I asked them wtf? And they said they thought is was a display and thought it would be ok to climb in and out of my Bus. Huh Naturally, I was a little mythed Lips Sealed

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2008, 21:55:23 pm »

Summer 1987.......family reunion at my house.  Mom asks to show my Notchback to relatives from Ohio and Michigan.  I reluctantly agree to this and bring the car out.  Everyone is careful with the car and it is time to close it up.  Mom walks up to the car, from the left front fender to the door and proceeds to attemp to close the door with her KNEE.

The door buckled right in the middle -  covering roughly a square foot of damage.  She apologizes and asks "Can it be fixed?"

What are you going to do or say?  I excused myself and went inside for a while.  Deep breathing. 

After the reunion was over I went out, pulled the door panel, located the center of the dent and pushed...............the dent came out save for a small vertical line at the center of the buckle.  Fixed it and learned to be more careful.  For some, a car is just a car.

I had my mom back into my '67 when it was parked across the street from our house  Angry

Left a grapefruit sized dent in the front fender.

Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 15:42:38 pm »

You guys are freakin me out with these stories. Guess I'm going to have to bust out the lounge chair at the next show and park my ass next to my car all day Angry

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Casey

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 16:17:01 pm »

How bout' this:

I wish promoters would ban the skate boards at the shows. "Lets go by the bad ass car and do a freakin' kick flip" Jesus! You put even a finger print on my twice polished and painted alloys....ya better go running sonny boy! You just bought yourself a tackling.

DKP III
Jim Ratto

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 16:20:20 pm »

There was a show at Famoso (Bakersfiled) that sheep and I witnessed a guy pull an Uzi on another guy in swap meet. 1991 I think?
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 16:27:21 pm »

Ya there's some real dumb ass's at car shows, Had my notch keyed at intershows one time when I was showing it .

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: