The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 16:44:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  123
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 123  (Read 13148 times)
Russell

« on: July 21, 2008, 21:10:26 pm »

Its Official Martin Boom Boom aka Goldenshower, I mean Goldenboy VRS. Me/VWgassergarage.

Today Martin has challanged my 70's race car crap in a heads up race against his top quality race car (his words not mine), yes the gold thing !

He is sick of seeing me stealing his limelight on the forum as no one respects him (again his words) He is a serious racer unlike me (again his words) and wants to to do the best of 3 runs against me in a car of my choice.......

I have given this some thought and as i can respect the spectators point of view i will accept his inviation and will probaly use my wifes 1192cc 78 last edition bug in order to provide a close race, i do have a tow bar fitted to it so if needed and i can also tow him across the line.   Grin or i might just use the old dog and piss all over him.

While he was telling me how good he was, he also mentioned that he has raced Mr Webb 5 times now and has only been beaten once !  Huh at Das Drag Day.

Anyway folks I will keep you posted of when and where, he did suggest this 1/8 mile stuff but i felt that that would be too short for his turbo and holly to kick in.....

Standby for the mother of all races.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 23:50:19 pm by Russell Ritchie » Logged

Best Regards

Russell
Russell

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 21:14:49 pm »

come on post martin i know youve read it ? you to My Webb

Best Regards

Russell
richie

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 21:20:40 pm »

come on post martin i know youve read it ? you to My Webb

Cheesy   

I am not saying anything Grin

Just PMed you though

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 21:28:13 pm »

I don`t think I even have to mention where I think that race should take place........ Roll Eyes

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 22:39:29 pm »

LOL

Martin

9 sec street car, its just simply not fast enough

Swing axle to CV convertion is on the website now

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
JS

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 22:40:01 pm »

Russel, are you bringing an ´78 Last Edition to SCC?  Huh Grin

Signature.
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 22:44:34 pm »

Grin Well Russell you on the Old Engine Oil again. Grin

This is what i like about this place (The Lounge) the fun that we all have on here.

Today Martin has challanged my 70's race car crap in a heads up race against his top quality race car (his words not mine), yes the gold thing !

OK did not say this i think it was you that came up with the idea not me and as for me saying i got a top quality race don't think so.

He is sick of seeing me stealing his limelight on the forum as no one respects him (again his words) He is a serious racer unlike me (again his words) and wants to to do the best of 3 runs against me in a car of my choice.......

I would hate to steal the line light from you Russell as it seams to power you ego. Serious racer yeh right how many race cars have i got to your.

I have given this some thought and as i can respect the spectators point of view i will accept his inviation and will probaly use my wifes 1192cc 78 last edition bug in order to provide a close race, i do have a tow bar fitted to it so if needed and i can also tow him across the line.    

Can you just let you wife drive as i have experience in beating lady on the 1/4 mile. Wink

While he was telling me how good he was, he also mentioned that he has raced Mr Webb 5 times now and has only been beaten once !   at Das Drag Day.

No comment Grin (Saying Loser all the way back to the UK)

OK then I'm up for this if we aim for DDD6 best of three then.( Sorry Guys would love to do SSC but just can not make it)

What 70s shit you going to use then i think i have a good idea of the cars that you have and are doing.

I don't know about (Standby for the mother of all races) but this is going to be fun. Grin

Hahaha your killing me.........
larry mck

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:28:04 am »

Russell, put the dog engine in $um Fun. Race the 1/8th and give the turbo a spanking. I'll be more than happy to give up some tips  Grin.
Wray

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 08:52:11 am »

Is it for Pinks Huh Roll Eyes Shocked Grin
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 08:57:03 am »

WOW, that would have been something!!  Shocked

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
ESH

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 09:13:20 am »

How about this Saturday? You have to set a time right? I remember some blow hard saying on-line that he "couldn't wait to blow my doors off" but that was in January 2004 and to date I don't think he's even been down the strip, in fact I'm not even sure he has a running car. He must be busting by now, that's a long wait!
 Grin
Udo

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 11:51:30 am »

Hi Russel

Would be nice to wellcome you at Bitburg , you can drive the whole day if you want ...

Udo

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 17:48:40 pm »

Cheers Russell  Roll Eyes have you any idea of the amount of stuff that needs doing to the Golden Ride to get it ready for Bitburg   Shocked most of its sat on the garage floor  Cheesy

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Russell

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 20:30:16 pm »

I would just like to point out that Martin challanged me and if Im at any race meet with any car i will take him on - ready or not.

However racing for Pinks ? having seen Martins very small pink bit i would prefer to race for fun and to WIN. and who the F&^% wants a Gold Beetle..... Not me, id have to let him win if it meant taking that thing home.  Grin

Best Regards

Russell
Adele AW

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 20:46:24 pm »

Its like watching 'Kindergarten Cop' reading this thread   Grin

O/FF 621
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 21:08:22 pm »

It Ok Russell i would let you win just so you had the embarrassment of having a GOLD car and one that was once mine. Cheesy

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 21:14:27 pm »

I would just like to point out that Martin challanged me and if Im at any race meet with any car i will take him on - ready or not.

However racing for Pinks ? having seen Martins very small pink bit i would prefer to race for fun and to WIN. and who the F&^% wants a Gold Beetle..... Not me, id have to let him win if it meant taking that thing home.  Grin

Oh Russell as i said you do have a Gold and Black beetle so you are 1/2 way there. Grin

Peter

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 22:04:23 pm »

At least Martin BUILT his own car  Grin
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 22:11:30 pm »

At least Martin BUILT his own car  Grin

actually no he didn't , it was gold and on its way to being a cal looker when he got it  , he just put a roll cage and a hair dryer in there  Grin Wink

13.03 @ 98mph
Peter

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 22:15:25 pm »

OK I ll shut my trap from now  Grin Grin
Russell

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 01:10:46 am »

Ruff

I put some hours into my own cars as well, its not all buy and race you know ? Wink

Best Regards

Russell
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 02:52:23 am »

Oh Russell as i said you do have a Gold and Black beetle so you are 1/2 way there. Grin
Martin Should Request the back up Burn Out King to Drive Russells Car you know what they say if you cant Find Em Grind Em  Grin Grin Grin

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 08:41:17 am »

you'll have to explain to Boom Boom what a burn out is, he thinks that happens mid track when the motor dies Cheesy

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
kev d

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 10:24:29 am »

you'll have to explain to Boom Boom what a burn out is, he thinks that happens mid track when the motor dies Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 18:38:30 pm »

Boom Boom's the no burn out king , got into the 10's no burn out  Cool . In his words, three years one gear box no burn out's sorted  Smiley

13.03 @ 98mph
kev d

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2008, 18:57:25 pm »

How about the loser having to run up the strip naked afterwards?? Shocked

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 18:59:30 pm »

How about the loser having to run up the strip naked afterwards?? Shocked

So long as they don't have to do a backward burn out  Shocked Shocked can you imagine the skid marks  Cheesy Grin

13.03 @ 98mph
Russell

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 21:05:24 pm »

I know hes a tit but dont realy want to see his arse as well  Grin

Best Regards

Russell
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 21:54:10 pm »

Martin Should Request the back up Burn Out King to Drive Russells Car you know what they say if you cant Find Em Grind Em  Grin Grin Grin

Dont know about that one as KS is a dam good driver well for his age. Cheesy

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 21:56:36 pm »

Boom Boom's the no burn out king , got into the 10's no burn out  Cool . In his words, three years one gear box no burn out's sorted  Smiley

Yes and it a stock gear box to as the only things i put in my car is a roll cage and a hair dryer. Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: