The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 18:45:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Earth Calling Jim Ratto.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Earth Calling Jim Ratto.  (Read 6522 times)
Harry/FDK

Every Rule Was Made To Break, Even Callook...

« on: August 06, 2008, 17:29:15 pm »

It's a Joke, Right !?

Done ? Not Yet.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 17:36:27 pm »

That depends on where you got the screenshot from...

Do I see a connection?

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,6151.0.html

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Harry/FDK

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 17:38:59 pm »

Trond , i just (hour ago) got this screenshot mailed to me by Jim.

Regards,
Harry

Done ? Not Yet.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 17:42:41 pm »

That depends on where you got the screenshot from...

Do I see a connection?

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,6151.0.html

Sorry, i don't understand.

Harry

PS. PM Send
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 17:46:26 pm by FDK/Hurry » Logged

Done ? Not Yet.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 17:48:18 pm »

"User is currently banned
This user is currently affected by the following bans:
User cannot access forum as a result of ban: "vulgaris""

Perhaps Jim needs to cut the shit with his multiple personality disorder and next time write an email to me. You may tell him to do so, so he can sort out his issues with me and I might take away the ban...

I appreciate Jim's both serious and off topic threads and didnt actually see that banning Vulgaris directly affected Jim, allthough I'm not surprised.

What I don't appreciate, and I'm sure I have a lot of the other users behind me on this one, is "Jim" or whomever in his network of people that create theese fake users and talk nothing but shit/crap/whatever you call it... Its a bad attempt to ruin the nice atmosphere we have in here and I'm pretty sick of it. It was fun the first 1 time, but not the next 20.

Harry/FDK

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 17:54:38 pm »

PM

Done ? Not Yet.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 18:03:23 pm »

PM

Done ? Not Yet.
Tony M

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 18:12:55 pm »

Trond if you like e-mail Jim and he will talk to you about this - I deal with Jim everyday with my business

Thank You

Tony

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
Harry/FDK

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 20:25:46 pm »

Dear Trond, Fellow Loungers,
This is the EXACTLY re-typed reply from Jim Ratto wich i received minutes ago:

Thanks Harry,
My Reply.

Sorry for allowing a friend of mine, "vulgaris" for upsetting you all. He (shall remain nameless) asked that I set him
up a User ID and so forth. So I gave him access, however the words typed by this individual are HIS, NOT MINE.
I have one personality, Trond, MINE.

I agree, there have been words typed (by myself and OTHERS as well) that have deteriorated the atmosphere of
the Lounge. However for the largest percentage of my correspondence on your beloved forum, I have done nothing
but try to give help and encouragement through advice and some fond-remembered anecdotes. Do I come on the
Lounge and talk crap about others cars or their accomplishments ? If I have, please post them so I can see them.
Have I goofed off and made some fellow Loungers scratch their heads in confusion (or disgust)? Yeah probably so.
My apologies. MY true "network" of friends and i know what a sense of humor is, and i ASSUMED others did too. Maybe
not everyone shares in my laughter of a post about ravioli part numbers or bathrobes. Sorry, i don't take life so
seriously... This is a hobby isn't it ?

I hope VULGARIS stays away, as I hope others had in the past would too (and she did), it wasn't my intention
to allow someone to come and post maliciously here....

For what it's worth... Best wishes to all around the world and keep on doing what you do with your VW's

Jim Ratto

Done ? Not Yet.
Harry/FDK

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 22:33:12 pm »

Up, Requested.

Done ? Not Yet.
kafercup

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 22:38:49 pm »

I've known Jim for a long time and can say that there is NO WAY that he would post garbage like this on this forum.  He is one of the regulars and also one of the anchors of this forum with his experience, knowledge, and sense of humor. 

Please get the whole story straight so we can carry on with the good times we have on here daily.

Perhaps Jim needs to cut the shit with his multiple personality disorder and next time write an email to me. You may tell him to do so, so he can sort out his issues with me and I might take away the ban...

I appreciate Jim's both serious and off topic threads and didnt actually see that banning Vulgaris directly affected Jim, allthough I'm not surprised.

What I don't appreciate, and I'm sure I have a lot of the other users behind me on this one, is "Jim" or whomever in his network of people that create theese fake users and talk nothing but shit/crap/whatever you call it... Its a bad attempt to ruin the nice atmosphere we have in here and I'm pretty sick of it. It was fun the first 1 time, but not the next 20.

John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 02:42:15 am »

I had talked to Jim about this before, and he had told me it was not him. I have no reason to question him. He only said the person has been on there before.

I also park at Nick's.
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 07:15:30 am »

Ive had Jim on the cell a few times now and when i was in the states and he was a great guy,hope he will come back soon on this forum Cool

Fast vw beetle's rule
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 09:07:48 am »

I've known Jim for a long time and can say that there is NO WAY that he would post garbage like this on this forum.  He is one of the regulars and also one of the anchors of this forum with his experience, knowledge, and sense of humor. 

Please get the whole story straight so we can carry on with the good times we have on here daily.

The whole story straight? You speak like I havent been here since we started the forum. I know exactly what has been positive and negative on here...

Like I stated in my post that you quoted:
"I appreciate Jim's both serious and off topic threads and didnt actually see that banning Vulgaris directly affected Jim, allthough I'm not surprised."
So I am fully aware over Jims qualities as a member of this forum. The reason why I said I'm not surprised is due to Jim's many users/faces...

"Jim Ratto, April S., jimrattos-mom, Jim Teeny, 500horsepower, astreetcarnameddesire"

And to repeat myself, I didnt ban Jim, I banned Vulgaris, and with good reason. I'm not saying Jim is, or ever was Vulgaris, I just said I wasnt surprised that Jim was affected by the Vulgaris ban. My personal opinion based on historic events and the above "users". There have been more...

So... I think I know pretty much the whole story, and I have it straight.

Just as much as I have received PM's from people trying to mediate, I have also received PM's from people cheering me on due to them also beeing sick of posts like the ones from Vulgaris.

Jim can reach my on my email trd@adbsys.no if he wants me to lift the ban.

Enough said.

Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 19:45:02 pm »

Well spoken Trond even though i didnt follow the vulgaris post etc.

If i need Jim i will call him as i asume i cant pm him here.

Cheers
Stanford Cool

Fast vw beetle's rule
Harry/FDK

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 20:14:51 pm »

"Enough Said"

Done ? Not Yet.
kafercup

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 22:33:48 pm »

Cry Roll Eyes
Tony M

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 04:26:10 am »

Jim's not here    Huh

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
TOM / EINHEIT 11

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 06:20:12 am »

Angry i can`t belive it whats going on here. I know im still a newby here on the lounge.....but i have to say : all posts on this topic are from hero members and full members........and they act like in a kindergarden. You older guys know each other since a long time and some became good friends.......you all know JIM! I agree......the topic of Vulgaris was just stupid. But dont blame a person which is ,, maybe ,, guilty or ,, maybe ,, not.
Jim brought super topics every day....mucho fun....mucho knowledge etc.etc
Guys......be fair enough.........and give him a chance
Without people like him, the lounge is not what it could be.......a nice place to talk and making new friends...worldwide!

TOM / EINHEIT 11
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 07:12:31 am »

Jim's here. He was on here today.

I also park at Nick's.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 09:03:54 am »

Just to repeat myself yet another time.
I didnt ban Jim directly and never intended to do so either, I banned Vulgaris... That ban happen to include Jim's IP adress for whatever reason, and therefor Jim couldnt access the forum either.
Jim has written me and explained his side of it and relation to Vulgaris and I have explained him what happened from my side. The ban on Jim's IP is lifted and like John says, he is already back posting.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: