The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 14:11:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  OLD SCHOOL CAL LOOK WHEELS lets see yours?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: OLD SCHOOL CAL LOOK WHEELS lets see yours?  (Read 112843 times)
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2007, 09:43:06 am »

only nutts are missing for me once i ve got them I will fix the wheels on the ghia
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2007, 13:49:01 pm »

FACT! It's the same dude that says he still has my EMPI USA license plates hanging in his garage. Good shit talker I guess. Can't man up to that as well. Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Heres the Plate you are talking about on MY Squareback??  I Dont know how you could have them Since they were Sold to older Man Back in WI  to put on his Empi 72 Super Bettle for car shows. So if you have a 72 Super Beetle you might have them But the Point is I still have (One Plate)  Both Plates I sold On Samba, but both plate's use to be on my Squareback and then on one of my 67's the front plate got a little bent up on the Bug so I applyed for a Duplicate Plate That the one I have Never been on anything but a Nail..  so before you talk shit  why dont you find out the Facts...  Same thing Goes for Greg !!MR WareHouse!! you Plastered Pictures all over my Thread so I deleted it I made a Website of the resto so Idiots like you cant ruin it for others Facts are Facts I do Have 5 Americans and 7 Brm's I Dont Care What You Say it Means nothing to me you remind me of a little kid ( thats my picture)  Grow Up little man!!  I have two cars in the works 58 Ragtop and a 67 Sedan I hope to have them both at the 2008 VW Classic  Both cars will be built like 70's Cal Looks each car will have a One Off custom made Deck lid and some other Mods that have never been seen on a Cal Look  And Yes Both Cars Will Have The Wheels On them 58 will have Americans and the 67 BRM's  ( Just trying to clear the air I have been in to VW's 38 Years I can Say I have just about seen it all)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 14:42:33 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Bryan67

« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2007, 16:34:56 pm »

I say post a pic of you and the parts in question. That will put an end to it.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2007, 17:45:42 pm »

I say who cares. Take the flames to that other forum where they live off the drama.

Let's get back to having fun.

Jim

Here Here Jim go throw your toys out some place else

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2007, 00:52:30 am »

I say who cares. Take the flames to that other forum where they live off the drama.

Let's get back to having fun.

Jim

Too right dude  Smiley Smiley Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2007, 05:17:36 am »

FACT! It's the same dude that says he still has my EMPI USA license plates hanging in his garage. Good shit talker I guess. Can't man up to that as well. Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Heres the Plate you are talking about on MY Squareback??  I Dont know how you could have them Since they were Sold to older Man Back in WI  to put on his Empi 72 Super Bettle for car shows. So if you have a 72 Super Beetle you might have them But the Point is I still have (One Plate)  Both Plates I sold On Samba, but both plate's use to be on my Squareback and then on one of my 67's the front plate got a little bent up on the Bug so I applyed for a Duplicate Plate That the one I have Never been on anything but a Nail..  so before you talk shit  why dont you find out the Facts...  Same thing Goes for Greg !!MR WareHouse!! you Plastered Pictures all over my Thread so I deleted it I made a Website of the resto so Idiots like you cant ruin it for others Facts are Facts I do Have 5 Americans and 7 Brm's I Dont Care What You Say it Means nothing to me you remind me of a little kid ( thats my picture)  Grow Up little man!!  I have two cars in the works 58 Ragtop and a 67 Sedan I hope to have them both at the 2008 VW Classic  Both cars will be built like 70's Cal Looks each car will have a One Off custom made Deck lid and some other Mods that have never been seen on a Cal Look  And Yes Both Cars Will Have The Wheels On them 58 will have Americans and the 67 BRM's  ( Just trying to clear the air I have been in to VW's 38 Years I can Say I have just about seen it all)
FACT! That older man sold them to me years ago. His name is Jack Spencer. They are currently registerd to me here in California. Ohh and I hope to see your car(s) at next years Classic; especially from a guy that has seen it all. Heheheee.... Roll Eyes

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
ESH

« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2007, 10:47:29 am »

Slightly off topic, has anyone got a photo of 155's on 4.5's, I'm have to get some tyres for a car and I'm considering a couple of different options.

Smiley

Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2007, 12:56:51 pm »

FACT! That older man sold them to me years ago. His name is Jack Spencer. They are currently registerd to me here in California. Ohh and I hope to see your car(s) at next years Classic; especially from a guy that has seen it all. Heheheee.... Roll Eyes
You must of Paid A good Price for them Because he paid me $500.00 for them Lets see some Pictures of Your Car with Those EMPI USA Plates? YOU HAVE??  Grin Grin
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 13:00:09 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Peter

« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2007, 14:48:36 pm »

i will put 155s on these 4.5s
will post a pic when its finished...
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2007, 18:25:20 pm »

I restored a set of 5.5 and 6*15 deep Fuchs. Not very original, but I like this wheels  Wink

Before

After something like 30h of work  Cheesy
mr. warehouse

« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2007, 00:51:42 am »

Before some one tries to take credit for them, here's my latest score

Yes, those are NOS with the original boxes....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 00:54:23 am by mr. warehouse » Logged
Turtle001

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2007, 00:55:18 am »

Shocked

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
tinman

« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2007, 03:42:18 am »

"Mr. Warehouse"-Greg,
Are the spinners shown on your NOS wheels original to the wheels? 
I ask as I have a set of American 5's, two having the threaded area for the centercap being machined for a left hand thread.

I have wondered for a long time why American Wheel would have gone to the trouble when making a wheel for a VW,especially given the small actual number of wheels that they produced during their original manufacture.

Do you know anything as it relates to my question? THANKS!
Steve
mr. warehouse

« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2007, 04:14:37 am »

"Mr. Warehouse"-Greg,
I ask as I have a set of American 5's, two having the threaded area for the centercap being machined for a left hand thread.

I have wondered for a long time why American Wheel would have gone to the trouble when making a wheel for a VW,especially given the small actual number of wheels that they produced during their original manufacture.

Steve

Yes, they are original.
Some people claim to have origial "Hex" style caps instead, but you can't really arguewith stuff that's right out of teh box.
Left and right hand threads were both used I assume to keep the spinners from becoming loose and flying off.

Both my magnesium sets are RH threads so maybe you got what the store had back in the day unless you asked for the LH threads.
My Aluminum set has no threads at all it takes a 2 pieces cap.

I'm no expert, I'm learning as I collect.
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2007, 04:21:28 am »

American Made The Wheels In Alum, And Mag, they also had a two bar knock off that were right and left hand thread the knock offs said right side and left side with the word Undo with an arrow on them,  see how the bars of the knock offs are rt.& Lt. heres a Picture of the Hex Cap
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 12:33:49 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2007, 04:25:57 am »

"Mr. Warehouse"-Greg,

Steve

Yes, they are original.
Some people claim to have origial "Hex" style caps instead, but you can't really arguewith stuff that's right out of teh box.
Left and right hand threads were both used I assume to keep the spinners from becoming loose and flying off.

Both my magnesium sets are RH threads so maybe you got what the store had back in the day unless you asked for the LH threads.
My Aluminum set has no threads at all it takes a 2 pieces cap.

I'm no expert, I'm learning as I collect.
Now thats an under statement  Grin Grin Grin

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Joe_G

« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2007, 08:43:19 am »

Shocked How could anyone have kept such a nice wheel and not mounted it on anything, EVER!!!!
Great score Greg Smiley
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2007, 12:30:39 pm »

Shocked How could anyone have kept such a nice wheel and not mounted it on anything, EVER!!!!
Great score Greg Smiley
I Would have Thought they would have been a lot darker being Magnesium after setting all these years? Shocked Shocked Grin Grin

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Dave Galassi

« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2007, 14:48:02 pm »

Great score Greg Smiley

I hear you, Joe!  Run 'em! 
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2007, 14:56:19 pm »

dave can you  post a better picture of your car , shes's sitting on torq trust?? i've this pictures of your ride
rgd
fabian

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Cornpanzer

« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2007, 16:08:38 pm »

Wow, what a find!  From one treasure hunter to another, I am green with envy.  Tell us how you dug them up please?

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Dave Galassi

« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2007, 18:01:29 pm »

dave can you  post a better picture of your car , shes's sitting on torq trust?? i've this pictures of your ride
rgd
fabian
I wish I could Fabian, but I don't have many of the car yet.  Were you there at the last drag day?  I was anxious to run the car again, but Carter Sidedraft demons kept us from running it.  We never even unhooked from the crew cab.  Bummer.  I havent had time to work on it since.......  That's life.  Fun car, though!  Yes, they are American Mags.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 18:28:28 pm by Dave Galassi » Logged
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2007, 19:13:31 pm »

i wasn't at drag day   Roll Eyes  i stole the picture  on samba if i remember well  Grin
and can you describe the inside??? empi goodies??
thanks
fabian

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Dave Galassi

« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2007, 19:33:11 pm »

i wasn't at drag day   Roll Eyes  i stole the picture  on samba if i remember well  Grin
and can you describe the inside??? empi goodies??
thanks
fabian

The car is a low mile original car.  No EMPI.  Only the period Sun Tach, wheels and tires and the engine and trans are changed from original. 
mr. warehouse

« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2007, 20:06:15 pm »

Wow, what a find!  From one treasure hunter to another, I am green with envy.  Tell us how you dug them up please?

A friend of a friend deal.
The "seller" put them on ebay under a weird listing and didn't get any decent bids.
He contacted my friends boss who contacted my friend, then he contacted me.

A auction of sorts went down between myself and the high bidder.
Kind of a 1 shot tell me what you'll pay thing, and I guess I was willing to pay more.

I'm sure being stored in the boxes in dry Arizona has kept them from turning dark.
We'll see what happens ince I get them here.
My used set was blasted 6 months ago and they still look brand new.
Bruce

« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2007, 21:01:15 pm »

What does one of those Mg wheels weigh?
Cornpanzer

« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2007, 22:32:54 pm »

The "seller" put them on ebay under a weird listing and didn't get any decent bids.

Arrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!!  Shocked

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
jmarkha1

« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2007, 22:37:27 pm »

some 130x5 rims
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2007, 08:22:55 am »

Nice , I wouldn't mind a set of those myself . Always had a bit of a soft spot for porsche patten magnesium torque thrusts myself , but cant see a day when I could justify the price a set go for now . Still I can dream , don't suppose anyone will make a accurate copy of these 30 year old classics ?  Roll Eyes

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2007, 13:31:59 pm »

Nice , I wouldn't mind a set of those myself . Always had a bit of a soft spot for porsche patten magnesium torque thrusts myself , but cant see a day when I could justify the price a set go for now . Still I can dream , don't suppose anyone will make a accurate copy of these 30 year old classics ?  Roll Eyes
The Worst Part is they only made them  in 15x7

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »