The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:38:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Whats the point........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Whats the point........  (Read 6305 times)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« on: August 26, 2008, 02:12:21 am »

of becoming a member of a "Cal Look" VW forum if you don't even own a vw - oh well you'll always get some idiots I guess  Roll Eyes Smiley
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 02:18:51 am by monkiboy » Logged

You either "Get It" or you don't......
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:20:53 am »

Maybe you have the passion but not the funding to get a VW?

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Lee.C

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 02:24:49 am »

Maybe you have the passion but not the funding to get a VW?

--louis

yeah I do understand that BUT almost everyone can afford a stocker - there just seems to be ALOT of wierdo's joining up lately - just my 2 cents  Smiley

cal_gecko

yeah.. I drive a Miata... and no, I'm not gay

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:08:43 am »

what classifies me as a 'weirdo'? The fact that I enjoy cars, driving cars, working on cars, and talking about cars with other folks who have the same affinity for them? I haven't badmouthed anyone here or done any trolling, I respect and appreciate the work and effort that goes into the cars you guys have.  There's no more difference between us with me being a Miata and classic muscle car owner and you being a classic VW owner as there is between an artist who chooses to paint using oils and another who chooses to use watercolor.

Even though you seem to really have issue with me, I really don't with you.  Let's move on.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:21:12 am »

Mostly I paint with water based paints. Sometimes a client calls out solvent based.

I also park at Nick's.
ian c

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 07:00:19 am »

i have a vw .
and i'm wierd .

guess that makes me a half wierdo Huh

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Lee.C

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:10:39 am »

I mentioned NO names - Like I said there are ALOT of wierdo's joinin up lately - This is a CAL LOOK forum! NOT a general forum for chit chat about cars Roll Eyes oh well  Smiley

ian c

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 07:19:45 am »

having seen some of the names that have joined recently .....  i'd have thought you'd be happy with the new members Huh

(o\ ! /o)
Lee.C

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 07:25:25 am »

having seen some of the names that have joined recently .....  i'd have thought you'd be happy with the new members Huh

Huh Huh Huh Huh  Huh Huh Huh

Like I said already:  This used to be a fairly exclusive forum for those "in the know" I am just having hard time figuring it out.

I can't be bothered to argue with ANYONE, This is NOT what this forum is about - LETS GET BACK TO CAL LOOK VW's
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:33:10 am by monkiboy » Logged

ian c

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 07:30:51 am »

dunno i guess !!   Grin

ive seen lots of new guys join recently that are/have been active drag racers , own/used to own mag featured california cars , are/used to be involved with so-cal vw clubs ... etc.

i havesnt really noticed anybody new posting junk on here , but i've been very busy lately posting my art .

(o\ ! /o)
Tim C

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 14:53:44 pm »

Why get so stressed over posts posted in the Off Topic section?

There is all sorts of stuff mentioned in this section, what are you listening to, eating, smoking , drinking, show me your BMX etc... all completely non-VW related. So if someone posts car related subjects in the Off Topic section -  does it matter? If it was posted in the main sections, I could understand the frustration.

You can always choose what you do and do not read?

Just my 2 cents.

JG54 Greenhearts
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 17:31:10 pm »

It's just growing pains as this forum becomes more and more well known. We just need to strive to keep that same small community feel around here. As well as the focus on Cal-look VWs.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Lee.C

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 17:34:13 pm »

There is all sorts of stuff mentioned in this section, what are you listening to, eating, smoking , drinking, show me your BMX etc... all completely non-VW related. So if someone posts car related subjects in the Off Topic section -  does it matter? If it was posted in the main sections, I could understand the frustration.

Just my 2 cents.

Well i didn't get that stressed to begin with - it was just some lighthearted comments about Miata's oh sorry MX5's  Wink :)What did get me alittle wound up was the fact that this wierdo has ONLY posted in the "off topic" section AND to top it all off he DOES NOT even own a VW  Roll Eyes  Smiley

It just bugs me thats all (please forgive the Pun  Smiley) Hey maybe we should start a Miata/mx5 section  Grin Grin Grin

ian c

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 17:36:21 pm »

Like I said already:  This used to be a fairly exclusive forum for those "in the know" ]

oh dear .  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

(o\ ! /o)
cal_gecko

yeah.. I drive a Miata... and no, I'm not gay

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 17:55:53 pm »

Just my 2 cents.

Well i didn't get that stressed to begin with - it was just some lighthearted comments about Miata's oh sorry MX5's  Wink :)What did get me alittle wound up was the fact that this wierdo has ONLY posted in the "off topic" section AND to top it all off he DOES NOT even own a VW  Roll Eyes  Smiley

It just bugs me thats all (please forgive the Pun  Smiley) Hey maybe we should start a Miata/mx5 section  Grin Grin Grin

Based on the PM you sent me, it was apparent that you did get a bit stressed about it, and I'll leave it up to others to judge your "lighthearted"-ness..

RIGHT - having just read through ALL your 47   post ALL of which are in the "Off Topic" section it is clear to me that you do not have alot to say about CAL LOOK and seeing as this is the basis of this forum I would suggest that you find a Miata forum beter suited to your tastes - please do not publicly INSULT me like this again, I have been on here frtom DAY ONE and I am VERY VERY good friends with ALL the moderators/administors.

I ask once more please DO NOT publicly insult me like this again!

Regards

Lee Cooksey aka monkiboy
Lee.C

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 18:17:50 pm »

please note everyone this PM was sent after a rather agressive and insulting reply to my post - Also if you notice the "Miata thread" has now been removed  Smiley

Again I ask - What is the point  Huh Roll Eyes Smiley

I think Louis summed it up with this comment :"We just need to strive to keep that same small community feel around here. As well as the focus on Cal-look VWs. "

Lets just get on with talking about CAL LOOK VW's  Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 18:20:12 pm by monkiboy » Logged

Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 18:21:13 pm »

Wow your trippin....

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Lee.C

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 18:25:19 pm »

Wow your trippin....

Just trying to keep this little place Cal Look dude  Smiley

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 23:05:34 pm »

What car were you driving again?
Lets stop this conversation here now and NOT create more threads like the one I just deleted which sole purpose is to go up against an individual on the forum.
This forum is a cal-look forum yes, but there are offcourse no requirement to actually own a cal-look car. That said I assume people that is really not interested in cal-looks will stay away or not stay long...

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Lee.C

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 23:46:58 pm »

PM sent  Cool

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: