The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 13:58:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  some work
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: some work  (Read 59249 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2009, 21:21:09 pm »

today i remove the left carbs and cleaning this one , nothing special inside this one
here're a few picture of the inside and different parts for those who haven't seen a stromberg carbs
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 21:47:28 pm by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2009, 21:28:56 pm »

on my needle is written 11 and to be better with my 1200 i need a 9x

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2009, 21:33:36 pm »

Here is the tank ,where is the fuel with ballcocks and saw the screw(pointeau)  for the level of tank

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2009, 21:41:58 pm »

Here is the pointeau screw(idle screw Huh) , I had to leave that with the smallest number, that is 1.5, the  new one in the repair kit of was 1.75

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2009, 21:45:12 pm »

here's the oring who goes between the manifold and the adaptators
It seems to me strong to crush, I am going to change him

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2009, 22:40:26 pm »

here's the oring who goes between the manifold and the adaptators
It seems to me strong to crush, I am going to change him

That looks like your problem right there dude - that Oring is not seated correctly  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2009, 15:12:13 pm »

i will change it   Wink

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2009, 10:26:44 am »

friday i changed the o ring on the left carb ,and nothing special  Huh same noise  Cry , the car doesn't run correctly , and being remembered to me of some thing which wasn't well put on the carb from the right (membrane of the boiseau) , after that the car  run very wel ,l no power lost everything turns well , i was happy
 but yesterday  i turn the key , the engine syatrted well , ok , i put pipes for the breather box  he goes for a small trip to enjoy the engine ,no problem
return at house , i said i will adjust the wealth screw , and oups the engine doesn't turn well anymore oh shit  Angry Angry Angry
 I unsettle the top of the carbu and move the boiseau ,to see if the wealth screw goes up and down well and the absolutely nothing she blocks , ok for the x time i unsettled the carb, have it recleaned, and greased, I put quite back in place, gone back up the whole and always the same thing that does not still work, Cry Cry Cry

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2009, 10:37:29 am »

i removed the spark plugs to see if she received the voltage from the ignition , I confirm, I felt well him  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.............. Grin Grin Grin Grin

but after watching the color of the spark plugs they seemed to be new, no black color of carburation, of or I deducts that from it or, there are no sparks in at the sparks plugs, where from the mixture air / fuel doesn't burn, or then the fuel doesn't arrive correctly in the combustion chamber  Huh

last thing i will check, will be the ignition  we(nicolas & i) will chnage this 010 by an 019 is it a good choice Huh
let me know what do you think

thx
fabs

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2009, 11:34:38 am »

It is there to understand nothing, I have just taken out the car and everything works  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
 pfff stupid english carbs   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2009, 15:39:39 pm »

friday i changed the o ring on the left carb ,and nothing special  Huh same noise  Cry , the car doesn't run correctly , and being remembered to me of some thing which wasn't well put on the carb from the right (membrane of the boiseau) , after that the car  run very wel ,l no power lost everything turns well , i was happy
 but yesterday  i turn the key , the engine syatrted well , ok , i put pipes for the breather box  he goes for a small trip to enjoy the engine ,no problem
return at house , i said i will adjust the wealth screw , and oups the engine doesn't turn well anymore oh shit  Angry Angry Angry
 I unsettle the top of the carbu and move the boiseau ,to see if the wealth screw goes up and down well and the absolutely nothing she blocks , ok for the x time i unsettled the carb, have it recleaned, and greased, I put quite back in place, gone back up the whole and always the same thing that does not still work, Cry Cry Cry

huh???

Go slowly, and change only one thing at a time!
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2009, 17:49:21 pm »

It works now  Wink

it seems that the cylinder (boiseau)  inside the carbs sizes sometime.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2009, 19:03:01 pm »

huh???

that's what i 've done yves one thing at a time go to the quick and cox today and the car run "well" some adjust at the carb will be fine  Grin

Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2009, 18:51:27 pm »

cool fabs! glad to hear it worked out.
so, the next job is to lower the rear end?

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2009, 19:23:19 pm »

Yeah, the back end needs to come down some. BTW, your car is now my wallpaper.  Grin

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #195 on: April 07, 2009, 21:28:03 pm »

huh???

VERY VERY good advice dude Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2009, 12:08:24 pm »

thx  yes we will lower the rear a little

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2009, 19:02:54 pm »

today nicolas and i  worked on the engine  ,we made some fine tune on the carbs , and adjust correctly the advance on the 010

after having to replace the boiseau and the needles , the engine turned already well, but we noticed that the boiseau of the right carb  didn't come down again profoundly,where from we have still unsettled the carb to see why he didn't lower , and there a small adjustment at the fuel screw(idle jet Huh) and  we go back up the whole

and the engine turns very well

thx for the help nicolas

Wink

beetletom

« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2009, 19:27:22 pm »

2 inner splines!  Shocked
nicolas

« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2009, 07:29:50 am »

today nicolas and i  worked on the engine  ,we made some fine tune on the carbs , and adjust correctly the advance on the 010

after having to replace the boiseau and the needles , the engine turned already well, but we noticed that the boiseau of the right carb  didn't come down again profoundly,where from we have still unsettled the carb to see why he didn't lower , and there a small adjustment at the fuel screw(idle jet Huh) and  we go back up the whole

and the engine turns very well

thx for the help nicolas

Wink

no problem, glad i could help and get that thing going again. hope it stays like this and the idle stays like it was running yesterday. always nice to learn new things

2 inner splines!  Shocked

nah! that would be an 80's looker, what Fabs is after is a 70's looker and they were quite high to todays standards. but very nice on his car. so it needs to get rid off that positive camber and nothing more.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: