The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 15:45:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Top Racers lists
| | |-+  A list for those who drive their car to the race track and back
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: A list for those who drive their car to the race track and back  (Read 42788 times)
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« on: November 27, 2006, 19:32:30 pm »

We need a list for cars that are driven....not trailered......So how about 50 miles to the track as a minimum to qualify and pump gas and full street trim.....or do we need to raise the bar a bit when it comes to driving Cool Long live real street cars!!!
Roman

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 20:29:01 pm »

I have driven my car to the local racetrack with Berg carbs, high compression etc. but that is only 15 miles away so it doesn't count.
50 miles is no biggie, I bet you $200 that I can do it and still beat you with a full second in the quarter. Are you up for a challenge?  Shocked
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 20:52:19 pm »

Right now!!!!!! Cool I am ready!!!! Cool What about you??? Roll Eyes..........can I collect the money now!!! Grin
Roman

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 21:01:55 pm »

No, problem. When you are driving to me, turn left first and go by JPM and pick up my old carbs, then turn right and go to Norway and pick up my old heads and exhaust (I am sure he will lend them to me for a day).   Wink
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 00:03:22 am »

Interesting idea...I will discuss it with the boys...  but does anyone actually DO that any more?  Grin

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Petter Carlberg

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 22:55:53 pm »

Sounds like a "beerdrinkingcontest" for teetotaller´s Smiley
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 21:21:28 pm »

Sorry Petter......I don't get the point.......A list like suggested would attract the cars of the Real Street Calss and maybe, just maybe inspire folks from enjoying the cars on the street...........not just after spending a fortune on transporting the car to a track to enjoy a full 10 minute in car action during a day!!! Besides, not all cars has to run elevens or tens to be appricated!!! just my 2 cents!! Happiness is a hot VW!!
Petter Carlberg

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 22:27:45 pm »

Hmm, and who will be on top of the list, the one who has the longest distance to the track or the one with the best timeslip?
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 21:43:39 pm »

Hrrrrm.......I think i suggested a distance in the first line.......but more miles make it cooler...................so why not make a suggstion on the proper amount of miles to get on the list....................Anyway I think ET would be the pace setting factor not miles to race track.........

By the way, no one is asked for distance trailerd to race track when it comes to race cars.....the shorter, the cooler:)
Fast54

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 22:40:37 pm »

Why not make it interesting.... Wink

Unlimited Street:

1700 lbs. min. with driver.
All cars mush have muffler even turbos.
Must have two front seats.
Must be tagged and insured and proof will be required.
Operating head lights and tail lights.
NO WHEELIE bars allowed.
All cars must complete an approx. twenty mile cruise the night before.
Must have all IHRA(SBF) required safety eguiptment for times you are running.
Any type vehicle as long as it's VW powered.

/Håkan
richie

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 23:41:20 pm »

Unlimited Street:

NO WHEELIE bars allowed.

/Håkan

I like what you are saying but 1700lbs with driver is way lighter than a street car should be Wink  2100lbs would be more like it Shocked, and should have all legal requirements for that country,indicators,wipers,horn,parking brake etc cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Jyrki

8.88 & 251

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 08:56:23 am »

Unlimited Street:

NO WHEELIE bars allowed.

/Håkan

I like what you are saying but 1700lbs with driver is way lighter than a street car should be Wink  2100lbs would be more like it Shocked, and should have all legal requirements for that country,indicators,wipers,horn,parking brake etc cheers richie,uk

Håkan & Richie,
Sounds good to me. Let's make it a "Heavy street class". All the above rules + 2000lbs minimum weight  Wink
Jyrki
richie

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 14:06:24 pm »

Unlimited Street:

NO WHEELIE bars allowed.

/Håkan

Håkan & Richie,
Sounds good to me. Let's make it a "Heavy street class". All the above rules + 2000lbs minimum weight  Wink
Jyrki

plus driver and i am in :-)  cheers richie,uk

Roman

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 17:41:34 pm »

That's heavyer than stock!  Shocked My 59 is maybe 18-1900 with me, stock weight (yes, I am a skinny bastard!).
Unless you have a fat chick, bottle bayby with hairdryer and a roof from a tent.  Wink

OK, I am in anyway, I will just hire this guy to drive:  Grin
Fast54

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 17:58:56 pm »

I dont have a problem with the min. weight beeing 1700lb even though my car is 2000+.

/H
Roman

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 18:52:18 pm »

I looked at my registration papers and my bug has a stock "tjänstevikt" (meaning curb weight + driver) of 800 kg - 1763 lbs.
richie

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 20:15:49 pm »

I guess I just picked the wrong car to begin with:  2000lbs stock weight then add all the other extras and you have alot to drag around!!!!!!!!!!   But whatever weight it is set at I will come play Cheesy  cheers richie,uk

SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 22:13:04 pm »

One thing thou!!!! No rules except " as driven to the track"....If you don't use the fan belt i noraml traiffic, run it with out.....if slicks is your ever day shoe wear, then run them..........Ohh by the way, one more thing; No cry babys!!! When it is done it is done!!!

Heres my submit:..........80 miles to the track.....12.35 @107 mph.....80 miles home!!!! 2020 lbs......Normaly Aspirated.............. Happiness is a Hot VW!!
Roman

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 22:42:58 pm »

My offer still stands SOB, 50 mile street driving first and l can beat you with a full second. $200 to the winner.
Both are natually aspirated 59:s, all steel, all glass windows, passenger seat etc. You can pull your fan belt and I can keep mine if you want some handicap.
Time and place: SCC, Gardemoen next year. Leaving from Öystein saturday morning, go in to Oslo and back to Gardemoen were we race.  Before enter Gardemoen we fill up the tank with pump gas. I don't know the don't know how long it is, but I guess it is enough to sort out a race car.
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 22:53:53 pm »

Hmmmm.............humble as I am: I am ready right now......shall we dance!? Wink
Roman

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 23:33:32 pm »

Hmmmm.............humble as I am: I am ready right now......shall we dance!? Wink

If you dance with a grizzly bear, you had better let him lead!

Sorry SOB, but it against the law to run with summer tires in December and I only have one one set of tires.
Gardemoen August 2007, are you in or not? Shocked
Mangokid

"Inhale the world", (in memory of MH)

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 09:21:03 am »

no matter the distance from the racetrack, i always carry my M&H-slicks in the backseat and get behind the wheel, even when sporting a bone stock tranny...kamikaze takes me home each and every time

To really know the edge and what lies beyond, one must have passed it.
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 10:49:28 am »

Roman, come on!! If you want to beat someone, you don't ask them to come to you Shocked.....You go there and show your capacity and hope that it is enough!  Wink So is it a race (first to the finish line) or a pee contest (ET swapping).....I am ready!!!! Snow is not here yet and you don't need no stinking snow tires according to the law unless there is snow!!! Cool
Roman

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 11:18:36 am »

You know my engine is sold and I am updating otherwise you wouldn't dare!  Tongue

BTW, coming to me? I don't live in Oslo, you are in fact closer!
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 11:44:32 am »

Well we have a dragstrip around the corner, I can have it opened by tomorrow if needed Tongue....same conditions for us both but it is only 1/8 mile Grin.....so you don't have to beat me with a full second!! Shocked

I know your car is apart.....does that meen I won!!! Grin
Roman

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 12:26:42 pm »

No, that means that my friends moped won over you all summer when your car was apart! Wink
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 13:48:34 pm »

Well, guess you are right, and I guess am right.......... I didn't claim my car being faster then your friends moped. But it did not work either. As a matter of fact I did not claim it to be faster then anybodys. I did run it in the spring thou and it was not working ok......................So I got back to my cave and waited for the possibilty to stand up by my claims Shocked

Back to the topic. Am I the only one who have posted a ET and speed after driving the distance. Here is your option Roman to prove me that you are faster!!!!! Wink
richie

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 14:03:17 pm »

Well, guess you are right, and I guess am right.......... I didn't claim my car being faster then your friends moped. But it did not work either. As a matter of fact I did not claim it to be faster then anybodys. I did run it in the spring thou and it was not working ok......................So I got back to my cave and waited for the possibilty to stand up by my claims Shocked

Back to the topic. Am I the only one who have posted a ET and speed after driving the distance. Here is your option Roman to prove me that you are faster!!!!! Wink

Go on then i will play Cheesy

Driven to the track[58miles each way] and driven home again after,  10.88,10.91,10.95,11.18 all at about 125mph in the same weekend,not a tow bar or trailer in sight Grin cheers richie,uk

ESH

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 15:15:03 pm »

It was like that for much of the Summer as I recall, tens pretty much any day, no towing but as ever lots of tea.  Smiley

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 08:57:41 am by Mat Sanchez » Logged
Roman

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 15:26:09 pm »

This year at Gardemoen my car was faster than yours Richie, but I can't be that lucky every year!  Wink

My point SOB is that most of the cars on the list won't break or overheat if they do a longer trip. They break when you race!
It is the same thing for a 13 or 14 second car: They break when you race! The slower cars usually has cheaper or stock trannies, 4 dowel flywheels etc. A chain isn't stronger than it's weakest link.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: