The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 15:46:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Is your fricken car perfect?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Is your fricken car perfect?  (Read 13421 times)
8 spoke

« on: November 06, 2008, 16:50:59 pm »

Then keep your comments to your selves, Everybody works hard on there cars
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 16:56:49 pm »

Huh

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 19:41:55 pm »

NO car is. But at least mine isn't ugly Tongue

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
bugnut68

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 20:42:15 pm »

Mine's perfect... take a look at the Project '70 thread in IN DA WORKS.  It's a perfect example of a pile of crap. Grin
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 21:11:39 pm »

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

You either "Get It" or you don't......
tikimadness

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 21:17:58 pm »

I am happy with any comment wherter they like what I do or don't.I am open to suggestions as well.

So everybody keep em coming Wink Grin

Michael

member of team YAC ; the guys who write history.

GASSER GARAGE  a few friends creating history.

NIDGAFWYT
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 22:29:35 pm »

I should have added... most people's sence of taste is only in their mouth Cheesy

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 22:31:38 pm »

I can't afford to make my car perfect... but in a couple of months it will definetly be of my VERY good liking :-)
Allthough I don't think everyone else might agree with me.... but im okey with that :-D

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

vwcab

peter

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 22:42:30 pm »

It's not perfect,but at least it drives.  Grin  Grin  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
LuftsickTero

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 22:43:11 pm »

Allthough I don't think everyone else might agree with me.... but im okey with that :-D

At least the body style and wheels (based on your avatar) are okay  Grin

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Sarge

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 23:07:09 pm »

I think what 8 spoke is hinting at is the Hot VW's Dec 08 Cover thread.  Time to move on.

DKP III
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 00:02:31 am »

Words of wisdom!! What sarge said

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 01:12:34 am »

I second that.

VW Classic 2012
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 02:50:01 am »

Then keep your comments to your selves,

Nope, will not do that. It's called free speech. Besides, you don't want a perfect utopia where everyone pats each other on their backs and tells 'em that everything is rosy, yes? Forgive me, but this is a Cal Look discussion forum. Plain & simple.

Everybody works hard on there cars

True, unless you're referring to non Cal Look or stock VWS. 'Cause if people are working hard to "slam", gaytina, or rat out their cars... there's something horribly wrong in the universe.

Grin

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
SlingShot

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 05:18:23 am »

Perfect is what Perfect does

Will Race For Beer !!!
Hotrodvw

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 05:45:40 am »

Nope, will not do that. It's called free speech. Besides, you don't want a perfect utopia where everyone pats each other on their backs and tells 'em that everything is rosy, yes? Forgive me, but this is a Cal Look discussion forum. Plain & simple.

True, unless you're referring to non Cal Look or stock VWS. 'Cause if people are working hard to "slam", gaytina, or rat out their cars... there's something horribly wrong in the universe.

Grin

Fred nailed it.  This thread is pointless unless you're gonna unleash the details.......which isn't productive.  Move on. Wink

Hose & Fittings

'67 Sunroof

www.ultimateaircooled.com
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 06:37:18 am »

Here it is--->  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_wc_5vVXU0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/d_wc_5vVXU0</a>

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 06:51:29 am »

Grin

Thank God for you, Mark!

I also park at Nick's.
Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 08:24:31 am »

Mine is not perfect,still need to fix the dent in the front hood,swap the front fenders as i think i have a set from different years(one sit higher then the other),want to lower the front more,get it repainted and have to finish of my engine.

Lots of plans for the comming year, Grin

Fast vw beetle's rule
8 spoke

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 16:39:59 pm »

Grin

Ez DKK barney , All I was getting at was You do not need to slame other people's cars. You dig?
Hotrodvw

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 16:46:17 pm »

Keep in mind, when you make a post or put pictures up, you open yourself to comments....good, bad or indifferent.  I'm not condoning it, but it's a fact.  You need to deal with it.   Wink

Hose & Fittings

'67 Sunroof

www.ultimateaircooled.com
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 17:57:15 pm »

this is getting a bit like the Miaita thread  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You either "Get It" or you don't......
beetletom

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 19:17:51 pm »

this is getting a bit like the Miaita thread  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

what? gay?  Cheesy
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 23:37:52 pm »

Is your fricken car perfect ?

YES.

Like me  Cheesy

alfie the monster

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 00:09:44 am »

One is, but then it's only a week old  Roll Eyes

My VW isn't, but I like it that way  Grin

JG54 Grunherz
Speed-Randy

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 01:24:08 am »

how many cars have you seen in a car show  and thought to yourself "man, that guy really fucked that car up", about 80% i'm guessing. but you wouldn't say it out loud because the guy who just finished his "dream car" might hear you and beat your ass. you guys hiding behind your screen names talking shit on another guys car are nothing but a bunch of douche bag pussies driving your beat down cars, all jealous because this guy actually finished a car. something most of you will never come close to, just because you dont like it, doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't. like my buddy brent always says " there's an ass for every seat". some people dont want to build a car just like yours or what you like and want to try something different, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont, but every resto, stock or highly modified takes a TON of work and a lot of hours planning and doing the actual work. shut your fucking mouths and go finish your car, BITCHES

bugnut68

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 02:13:06 am »

how many cars have you seen in a car show  and thought to yourself "man, that guy really fucked that car up", about 80% i'm guessing. but you wouldn't say it out loud because the guy who just finished his "dream car" might hear you and beat your ass. you guys hiding behind your screen names talking shit on another guys car are nothing but a bunch of douche bag pussies driving your beat down cars, all jealous because this guy actually finished a car. something most of you will never come close to, just because you dont like it, doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't. like my buddy brent always says " there's an ass for every seat". some people dont want to build a car just like yours or what you like and want to try something different, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont, but every resto, stock or highly modified takes a TON of work and a lot of hours planning and doing the actual work. shut your fucking mouths and go finish your car, BITCHES

Wow... talk about hiding behind a screenname.   Grin  What's your name, and why are you taking such offense?  No offense intended, but you're only adding fuel to the fire, here, buddy.  I agree with your ideas, but not your delivery.  It's kind of ironic that you're so critical of people's opinions on another guy's car, but in the same breath you'll mudsling in a manner I'm guessing you'd NEVER deliver in person.

No car or thread is worth this kind of anger... except POS Hoodrides.  Grin

P.S. Edited later: forgot to mention my name is Ryan Bonham, and my comment about Hoodrides is mostly in jest.  Mostly.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:28:59 am by bugnut68 » Logged
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 02:26:02 am »

my car is perfect. And i made it using only my teeth...

Byebye now.

Glitter don't make you faster.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 02:26:54 am »

Ez DKK barney , All I was getting at was You do not need to slame other people's cars. You dig?

HAHA!! You're telling ME to "Ez" and that is truly funny. Why? Simply put... I've sensed that ever since you signed up for this forum, you've been in full throttle troll mode and it appears that you're trolling for some sort of anger or fishing for something. Dunno what it is... don't care. But read the posts/replies on this thread. By the by, what is this "slame" crime that I'm being charged for? Also, the proper plural arrangement of punctuation for possessive usage of the word people would be: peoples'.

For future reference, you're strongly urged to keep non-constructive discussions and/or flame posts in the Off Topic forum and leave this Cal Look forum to discussing the reason that we're all here. Cal Lookers... whether they're ours or otherwise. Better yet, if you have a problem with me, there's a really useful feature and it's a Private Message. Deeper still, shoot me an e-mail if that that doesn't float your boat. That way, we save the remainder of everyone the unneeded drama theatrics, such as it were.

Oh and... dig?

Grin

Have a gosh darned nice day, too.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 03:12:52 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 03:07:21 am »

Thank God for you, Mark!

I also park at Nick's.
Pages: [1] 2 Print