The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 16:16:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Is your fricken car perfect?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Is your fricken car perfect?  (Read 13422 times)
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 03:13:59 am »

Ya what he said, Girls play nice or I'm takeing the ball home!!!

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 04:37:26 am »

HAHA!! Copy that, Danny. In fact... time to hijack this thread and make it actually worthwhile and Cal Look related.

There. Now discuss.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 05:08:21 am »

Thank God for you, Mark!

I also park at Nick's.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 07:10:10 am »

Well I'd really like to know why Eric Groff is on this forum being a hemorhoid to Mark?

I also park at Nick's.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 07:27:18 am »

Whats with the beater ghia?

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 07:29:22 am »

I dunno, Danny... I just Googled beater and Ghia and came up with about 100 or so images of that black thing.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 07:33:32 am »

Kinda forgot I had that thing.

Speed-Randy

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2008, 01:37:17 am »

bugnut my name is randy long, live in orange co. ca. have for all my life, not hiding myself, im just a little tired of all these crying that thats not cal look, thats lame, thats not cool, and whatever else they bitch about. that shifter that everyone is now laying into took alot of work to design and build, and is probably somebodies dream shifter and wasnt advertised on this site but got cut and pasted to this forum so everybody here could ridicule as not being cal look, who said it was supposed to be, maybe it was designed specifically for a hoodride. a lot of people on this site are getting so high and mighty about how cool they and there cars are, that im about to say im over this site and go find one were the "cool vw guys" dont hang out

Gabetion2000

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 06:11:21 am »

bugnut my name is randy long, live in orange co. ca. have for all my life, not hiding myself, im just a little tired of all these crying that thats not cal look, thats lame, thats not cool, and whatever else they bitch about. that shifter that everyone is now laying into took alot of work to design and build, and is probably somebodies dream shifter and wasnt advertised on this site but got cut and pasted to this forum so everybody here could ridicule as not being cal look, who said it was supposed to be, maybe it was designed specifically for a hoodride. a lot of people on this site are getting so high and mighty about how cool they and there cars are, that im about to say im over this site and go find one were the "cool vw guys" dont hang out

AMEN

A and G's Racing
73 Super
2manytoys

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 06:54:29 am »

Here it is--->  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_wc_5vVXU0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/d_wc_5vVXU0</a>

you got me! Damn Steve, not nice.

Patrick Friel -..2manytoys, not enough time or money
Hotrodvw

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 07:14:50 am »

It's a web forum........do you really let it get to you?   Roll Eyes

Hose & Fittings

'67 Sunroof

www.ultimateaircooled.com
jick

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2008, 08:45:19 am »

re-read that thread about the shifter dude......quite a lot of people have said they like it.

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2008, 10:16:49 am »

that shifter that everyone is now laying into took alot of work to design and build, and is probably somebodies dream shifter and wasnt advertised on this site but got cut and pasted to this forum so everybody here could ridicule as not being cal look,
Steady, Ryan. I posted that piece about the shifter. I actually like it and feel that it is important for our scene to embrace new ideas, new technology. Ridicule it? Only if it served no function whatsoever. From my point of view, there is a need for a a new shifter in the marketplace. I'm not overly impressed with the current crop, especially those designed for a five-speed, so something new is very welcome in my opinion.

If you really want hard core slammin', go to the off-topic section of the UAC site. Now that's scary!  Grin  (No offence Brian...!)

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Jim Ratto

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2008, 17:40:10 pm »

I think the deal is that a few things (shifter and yellow car) got posted here, and they got ripped apart because honestly, both don't fit into the VERY narrow minded hobby that is cal look VW's. The yellow car is a far cry from what most come to expect to see on a "cal look" website....everybody wants to see cars dumped in front running BRMs and no bumpers, no chrome, big cc IDA motor. Me included. The shifter is a big step away from trends of past and present, it's pretty obvious that it is going to ignite some opinion.

fish

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2008, 01:08:26 am »

You guys are too funny and although I am all for speaking ones mind, I can't help but sense a little narcissism which is kinda good to let out once in a while.

This then being a Cal Look forum that has been specifically set up by a group of selfless people in order to provide aspiring and actual owners of Cal Look Cars and guests alike, the portal to discuss their interest and passion, some of you girls need to take the panties out of your a$$ and get on with it.

Thing that most of you are forgetting is that "PERFECT" doesn't exist in reality and should be DELETED.

Peace through discussion.

Had a fight with a Magneto, it won!
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2008, 09:47:15 am »

Here it is--->  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_wc_5vVXU0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/d_wc_5vVXU0</a>

you got me! Damn Steve, not nice.
Got me too first time and I was holding a hot cup of coffee while viewing! Sh!t...jumped up and started talkin' like Michael Jackson! Embarrassed

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2008, 09:23:35 am »

I wouldn't let people's opinions get in your way. Everyone has one and besides(as you probably already noticed) some people just love the internet fame. Undecided

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Arnoud

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2008, 11:08:44 am »

Eeuhhh...Danny?You've got only one ball to take home? Grin
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2008, 16:06:22 pm »

Ya , I got mono

Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2008, 16:48:17 pm »

This is a very good subject for discussion. As picky as I am everyone who knows me I have never owned or will I have have a perfect car. Even the most expensive cars at Barrett Jackson are not perfect I could tell you some of the cars that I have looked at very close for the price they were asking and could not believe paint,panel fits,body work that I have seen on those cars. Even the brand new Rolls Royce ,Mercedes ,Ferrari have issues. I can go back and mentioned a few cars that I have judged in the past DKP as such and those cars impressed me more than Barrett Jackson auction cars. I have worked for To#¤ta for the last 31 years and to this day I see issues with To#¤tas and Lexus included probably because I am so anal and critical to find a perfect car my 2 cents.

Thanks

Frenchy ( Doc Detail )

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
bugnut68

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2008, 17:47:45 pm »

I certainly understand where you're coming from, Randy, and this subject is kind of something that pervades the entire internet.  The Samba is a site that I try to post on as little as possible anymore, due to some of the 'internet personnas' that exist there.  I say 'internet personnas' because I've never met some of the people on there, whereas I have met a number of the folks that hang out here and on the Cal Look Forum, and they're all great people.

I definitely know where you're coming from, and the trick I guess is to try to not take internet posts and website stuff too seriously.  I know I've fallen into that trap too many times, and it ain't worth it.
bugnut68

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2008, 17:48:35 pm »

that shifter that everyone is now laying into took alot of work to design and build, and is probably somebodies dream shifter and wasnt advertised on this site but got cut and pasted to this forum so everybody here could ridicule as not being cal look,
Steady, Ryan. I posted that piece about the shifter. I actually like it and feel that it is important for our scene to embrace new ideas, new technology. Ridicule it? Only if it served no function whatsoever. From my point of view, there is a need for a a new shifter in the marketplace. I'm not overly impressed with the current crop, especially those designed for a five-speed, so something new is very welcome in my opinion.

If you really want hard core slammin', go to the off-topic section of the UAC site. Now that's scary!  Grin  (No offence Brian...!)

Just as a clarification, Keith, you're responding to Randy, not me (Ryan).  Carry on! Grin
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 17:51:38 pm »

Just as a clarification, Keith, you're responding to Randy, not me (Ryan).  Carry on! Grin
Oh, hell, old age strikes again...  Angry

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
ian c

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 18:06:32 pm »

Also, the proper plural arrangement of punctuation for possessive usage of the word people would be: peoples'.

niiiice !!!   Grin

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 21:32:07 pm »

This is a very good subject for discussion. As picky as I am everyone who knows me I have never owned or will I have have a perfect car. Even the most expensive cars at Barrett Jackson are not perfect I could tell you some of the cars that I have looked at very close for the price they were asking and could not believe paint,panel fits,body work that I have seen on those cars. Even the brand new Rolls Royce ,Mercedes ,Ferrari have issues. I can go back and mentioned a few cars that I have judged in the past DKP as such and those cars impressed me more than Barrett Jackson auction cars. I have worked for To#¤ta for the last 31 years and to this day I see issues with To#¤tas and Lexus included probably because I am so anal and critical to find a perfect car my 2 cents.

Thanks

Frenchy ( Doc Detail )

VERY VERY well put dude - and don't worry I know exactly what you mean even about "new" cars - I ALWAYS notice how bad the "orange peel" is - new car paint is CRAP!  Roll Eyes Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: