The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 23:47:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DAS - Der Autobahn Scrapers' thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: DAS - Der Autobahn Scrapers' thread  (Read 106092 times)
Stephan S

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2009, 05:27:19 am »

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Great guys & cars. DAS rules!
Souvenir from the '05 DAS Drag Day...

Der Kleiner Panzers
Georg/DFL

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2009, 10:08:10 am »

Ok, here we go with some more DAS pictures from 2002. These were taken in Lège-Cap Ferret.

Cal Look is not a crime
http://www.dflvwclub.de
"Happiness is a hot VW" - in memory of SOB
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Georg/DFL

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2009, 10:52:00 am »

These are from Spa/Francorchamps 2002 - with a very young and long haired Xavier  Grin

Cal Look is not a crime
"When you run into a Cal Look guy he fits the mold. There's… the Cal Look guys, I don't know how to say it … they just seem to be." - Ron Fleming
Georg/DFL

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2009, 10:53:55 am »

Mike and Nico, also in Spa 2002

Cal Look is not a crime
Georg/DFL

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2009, 10:55:55 am »

Even older, from Spa 2001

Cal Look is not a crime
Georg/DFL

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2009, 11:02:06 am »

And some more from Spa 2001

Cal Look is not a crime
MacRavens

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2009, 11:23:58 am »

Cool pictures Georg and Stephan ! Smiley

One thing I remember from the early begining, when de club was not DAS mamed.
At this time, when you got a new VW project you can always talk about it whit Pat ! Often he think about it during the week an maide a drowing from the future car project...  

He is a great artist and put his/our ideas on paper. It was always a cool moment to discover his own car modified before you did it ! And to see what the car is going to look like ! Talking - Dreaming - Drowing - Making ! That's the way we did Smiley

Pictures :
Pat's own car project.
His display project.
Phil's green Beetle project in '89-'90
My sea blue '66 project.

See : http://vw.skynetblogs.be if you want to see other VW drowings projects from him ?

MacRavens

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2009, 11:26:24 am »

Pat drew also his own Shop catalog whit almost 5.000 sketches when he worked whit Fabio at Scarabe.

Unfortunately, now Pat dont have the time anymore to draw but I knew he like that.
Tree years ago we asked him to make the EBI 1 T-Shirt. Like often, he did the drowing black and white and I put the colors.
It's always cool to do some artistic thing like that whit him. Smiley

alfie the monster

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2009, 11:26:53 am »

VW Action last summer  Grin

JG54 Grunherz
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2009, 11:37:31 am »

Cool cars, cool club and even cooler people. Respect!  Cool

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Georg/DFL

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2009, 11:39:19 am »

Mike, who owens the blue late modell on my pictures from Spa 2001? And is he still in the club? Haven't seen the car in a while - like it alot so!

Cal Look is not a crime
ESH

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2009, 11:50:10 am »

That windscreen fix is awesome Georg! I'm surprised it didn't start a trend!  Smiley

It has always been a pleasure to meet up with the European guys, I guess with clubs like DAS it's all about a great attitude and maybe a few mixed grills. Though there are some great cars in the club over the years it's the people that have come to make it what it is. As an aside speaking personally the best time I ever had with my car was largely thanks to DAS and their Drag Day so thanks for that. Anyway keep the stories and photos flowing.

Cool
LuftsickTero

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2009, 12:55:01 pm »

That windscreen fix is awesome Georg! I'm surprised it didn't start a trend!  Smiley

oh, yeah? Grin now Georg doesn't dare leave home without spare window, padding and jesus-tape..

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:57:12 pm by LuftsickTero » Logged

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
MacRavens

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2009, 13:11:31 pm »

Mike, who owens the blue late modell on my pictures from Spa 2001? And is he still in the club? Haven't seen the car in a while - like it alot so!

Georg,
the 73 you'r talking about was own by Jean-Philippe Bernard. He was on the club at the begining. Sold his car +/- ten years ago to build a Oval, after à Notchback, after a 356. He never finish the projects and lost contact and interest.
He is working for the Waterloo Volkswagen dealer for years. We kew he regret his blue car... We still knew the new owner he is working near the Macdonald from Waterloo.
But the stickers where taken off and the car is not anymore in the club.

Georg I found also a picture from Lège cap Ferret ! I well remember your incedible adventure whit your 34 ! Cool to remember thoses days but at that moment it was not so cool ;/ Hey, man, that makes true souvenirs Smiley

Georg/DFL

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2009, 14:26:12 pm »

One of my earliest memorys regarding DAS was VW Euro 1996. I knew maybe a handful of people in Germany who were into Rest Cal and traditional Cal Look.

And then there was all of a sudden that white Looker packed with Empi parts. And it was on european plates, from Belgium. I couldn't believe my eyes and waited for the owner to come back to his car. The guy was very young, didn't even had a drivers licence and his name was Kobus.  Cheesy
Next to Kobus car was the twins green big window beetle that was stolen a few years later. At that time DAS was close to three years old and it was the first time that I saw some of their cars in the flesh. I was really happy to find some guys who were also into these looks, knew anything about Empi, DDS and so on.

Great memories, indeed.

Cal Look is not a crime
MacRavens

« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2009, 15:57:56 pm »

Next to Kobus car was the twins green big window beetle that was stolen a few years later.
Your talking about the Twins '62. In the scene in '95, stolen in '98 and never come back...
A lot of people remember this car ten years later ! Great car !

here some pictures :

fastfred

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2009, 16:35:07 pm »

damn nice pics, even some pics i never saw !

FREDDYFILES 2012 on MARCH 11th !
lawrence

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2009, 18:15:35 pm »

Those catalog and t-shirt illustrations are cool!

I am not into "rat look" VWs, but the one on the previous page is pretty sweet. It has good look to it and best of all its a late model, so no early VWs were harmed Grin. Any info or more pics on it?

"Happiness is a Hot VW!"
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2009, 23:36:45 pm »

if you're talking about the conv in the 1st page it was mine..

The previous owner said last time he washed it was 1974...

Lowered on the front with a slightly narrowed beam, 1 click at the back, 1915 engine with 40 idf, engle 110 aac, simple t-bird. I've had lots of fun in that car and I did around 10.000 km with it in about 18 months.

I had to sell it to be able to afford my bay-window that I love, but I miss that car.

So i know it was rusty, with chrome wheels, lowered at the back but i had lots of fun DRIVING it! And not posing with my perfect paint... Roll Eyes wich is what i'm doing now with my 68  Grin

Next time i'll write a story about this club. Because, i think everyone should know, they're all evil and not friendly at all in that club!  Cheesy

Glitter don't make you faster.
lawrence

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2009, 23:47:37 pm »

No, this one

"Happiness is a Hot VW!"
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2009, 23:48:15 pm »

I think the first time i saw Kobus' car was at the volksworld show, it must have been about 95/96 ish.  cannot remember exactly.  It was on display and was the first car i saw that was loaded.  I have some old photos somewhere.  I must try and dig them out.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2009, 11:52:09 am »

Great pics, Georg! They definitely bring back some memories... that trip was one of the coolest weekends in my own personal VW history  Cool Good times!

I have lots of memories connectet to DAS and his members, but there is one that will always be remembered.

Seven years ago my friend and fellow club member Sven and I took off for a trip to the Super VW Nationals in France. You have to know that the french border is just 15 min away from my home in Germany but we had to go to the other side of France - to Lège-Cap Ferret at the Atlantic coast some 1300 kilometers (around 800 miles) to go.
We drove all through the night and arrived at the following morning in our camp. Kobus was so nice to book a cottage (shanty, what ever you want to call it) for us and our swiss friends Chritophe and Marc. The green Split used to be Christophes car and now resides in the states, the Ghia is mine. The cottages were between pine trees and and there were lots of VWs, mainly Cal Looker, mainly DAS cars.

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
RedEx

U'l hav al the time 2 rest when U'l be 6 feet unde

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03:41 pm »

Still alive 15 years later at EBI 1

No, this one

Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03:42 pm »

Here are some of my earlier DAS pics... I got some more and probably older photos, but they aren't digital  Wink

Spa 2000 and Super VW Nationals 2001

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
RedEx

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03:43 pm »

I think the first appearance of the Muppet. 2001 at Super VW National.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:08:27 pm by RedEx » Logged

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2009, 13:00:49 pm »

Was there ever any idea about what ultimately happened to the twins' Bug? Those parts are out there somewhere... Angry

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
fastfred

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2009, 14:35:00 pm »

nobody knows... but i know for sure that every time i walk on a swapmeet, i keep looking for those "hot" parts ...

FREDDYFILES 2012 on MARCH 11th !
MacRavens

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2009, 16:08:13 pm »

When the car was stolen Fred park it in front of his girlfriend 's house.
The most incedible thing is the same night his twinbrother Mic cross, 2km from his house, a Beetle on tow on the other way of the road going to Charleroi. It was by a winter hard raining night, he did't recognize his car...
Ten years after its always a hart break for them !

Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2009, 16:35:42 pm »

i can imagine so, having your car stolen must be a nightmare!

sorry for asking, but i wasn't around back then, but was this a well-known car in the european cal-look scene back then?

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
RedEx

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2009, 16:45:45 pm »

Yes it was as the owners were...

i can imagine so, having your car stolen must be a nightmare!

sorry for asking, but i wasn't around back then, but was this a well-known car in the european cal-look scene back then?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: