The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:02:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Croatian cal-lookers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Croatian cal-lookers  (Read 4932 times)
Doktor

« on: April 22, 2009, 23:48:47 pm »

Our aircooled scene is growing for sure, so I decided to show you two cars that I think are really cool.
First car is '67 cream white, and unfortunately - I didn't have chance to see it so there is just one picture.
Rumors are that owner invested about 15k € in that car...

Second car is from my good friend Marco.
First owner was elderly lady who sold the car to a guy from city of Rijeka, and later, car surfaced in a classifields and was for sale for about 4500€.
Marco wanted to buy the car from the first time he saw it in the classifieds and after some time, we managed to visit the owner and take a look at the car...
It was in perfect condition, almost no rot - I say almost, as I found a small hole of rot in the front bulkhead - nothing too serious and this will be fixed very soon !
Owner was wery surprised when I shown him that "inperfection" and Marco and I managed to lower the price to acceptable 3000€...(owner commented that now he knows "Why they call me the Doktor")... Grin

some pictures:

Car features some things as: 1600 dual port engine with j-tubes and Kadron K300 sport exhaust, short gearbox, puma adjustable front beam, four lug drums, painted Empi 8 spoke alloys, original pop-outs, sport steering wheel, VDO tacho in a chrome housing, chopper custom mirrors... and modified rear hood with tunneled space for license plate.
Front end is lowered, tyres are 195-50 front and 205-60 rears. Interior features original door panels, seats and sunvisors and whole interior is unpainted from new !

Future plans include fitting T-bars all round, and since these pictures were taken, Marco changed rear taillights for some US spec red ones !
Will post new pictures later...

regards,
Doktor
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 00:54:47 am by Doktor » Logged

dr.aircooled
Gary Justus

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 00:19:39 am »

Not bad...............Nice to see some OOOC cars.
Doktor

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 09:05:36 am »

Glad you like them... Wink

dr.aircooled
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 09:37:32 am »

That tunneled rear plate looks straight out of the 1970's (in a good wy!) - cooL! Thanks for sharing....

Doktor

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 09:43:47 am »

That tunneled rear plate looks straight out of the 1970's (in a good wy!) - cooL! Thanks for sharing....

not at all... Wink

Owner of second car will soon log on the Lounge... Cool

dr.aircooled
ESH

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 10:47:27 am »

Great to see cars like this in places like Croatia. Thanks for posting, please stick up any more you have.

Cool
Black-Shadow

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 12:41:43 pm »

And here's the owner of the '66 cal-looker...

Thanks to Doktor for the pics, and thanks to all of you for your comments...

Some pics :

airstuff

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 13:42:25 pm »

cal-look sign doesen't make a cal looker  Wink

First of all,If  i were in your place,I would ditch this Kadron exaust,and put a nice 4in1 bugpack ceramic coated header,with dual quietpacks :)That would look nice on your car,even if they were black

Stance isn't bad for the beginning,mirrors wouldn't fit the rules,but other things would.

Also some t-bars insted of no bars Smiley

Then it would start looking more serious.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 13:44:00 pm by cal-look » Logged
Black-Shadow

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 14:17:52 pm »

You're right and I accept your cooments.

You have to know that i have in plan to change the exhaust with a dual quietpack and to put on T-bars or blade bumpers in the same color of the car, but now i have no time to realise these plans because i'm preparing my other bug (my first bug) from '74.

I have to finish the '74 bug so my girl can have a car.

Bye
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: