The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:21:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  DKK Steve Wilkerson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: DKK Steve Wilkerson  (Read 24214 times)
Steve DKK
DKK

« on: May 06, 2009, 20:29:13 pm »

Bug-in was great.  I could not believe everyone was there...
About 2-3 years ago (right after the VW trends DKK issue) I tried to find any remains of the culb. 
Came up with nothing.

Go fast, don't turn
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 20:49:01 pm »

Nice to see you here, welcome ! Wink

DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 20:54:46 pm »

Hey Steve, man it was great seening you. Just got my internet going, was down almost a week or I would of posted that Sunday. We have to keep in touch. Take care.

Ted Dominguez

VW Classic 2012
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 21:01:33 pm »

welcome to the lounge steve nice to have you here  Wink

rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Steve DKK
DKK

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 21:51:57 pm »

Wow it has been a while since I've seen photos from that shoot.  Scott from Hot VWs took the pictures... then to my surprise 2 years later I saw my car on the cover of VW trends in a magazine stand.
i still have a copy somewhere...

Can't wait until June

Go fast, don't turn
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 22:00:37 pm »

that 's the report from vw trends  steve dec 84
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 22:08:33 pm by speedwell » Logged

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 22:15:01 pm »

Welcome to the lounge steve  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
vwcab

peter

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 22:24:33 pm »

welcome to the nicest(almost)    Grin  place on earth,Steve

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
low oval
DKK

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 22:43:02 pm »

Steve,
great seeing you after about 27 years.  time to get a vw again.
jim

"and that's when the cops showed up"
Steve DKK
DKK

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 22:48:44 pm »

Has anyone seen or heard from Jim Bell

He was last seen driving the brain mobile for autocraft.

Last I heard he moved out to Pomona

Go fast, don't turn
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 23:01:10 pm »

Have you found these pics yet Steve?  Bet they make you laugh!!
Steve DKK
DKK

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 23:10:42 pm »

I still have those shorts, but I only bring them out for special occasions, typically Christmas and the 4th of July. (Sorry Cal Look Loungers from the UK)  You don't celebrate that holiday you know...

The pyramid is DKK vs DVB ( It was not about style, it was a test of endurance)  Barb and Joni are on top for the bule team and DKKs own Lisa is brave enough to top the DKK pile. 

Go fast, don't turn
low oval
DKK

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 23:28:43 pm »

that's the jim bell i remember!

danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 23:40:52 pm »

About TIME!!!

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 00:29:11 am »

STEEEVE! Stoked that you're finally here. Now... if we can only get Dave Fong, Alex Gonzales, and whomever else we're missing. I'm guessing that you're attending The Classic, in June, yes?

That was the most fun I had at a Bug-In since the O.C.I.R. ones. Not that the previous ones were bad, just a lot better since our family is slowly gettin' back together. Very cool, seeing you that day.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 00:30:50 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Steve DKK
DKK

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 01:15:15 am »

I ill fly down in June for sure.     If i get stupid i will drive the VW.  It's only a thousand miles...

See you there.

Go fast, don't turn
Rennsurfer

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 01:29:26 am »

That would be cool... another orange D.K.K. car. Get a hold of Randy Long (vwdweeb) if you want club stickers. Unless, of course, you got 'em at Bug-In, already.

~Sarge
MYTOY
DKK

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 03:02:57 am »

Steve! wow it was great to have you there with the rest of the DEEKS. What were you thinking when all of us taters kept coming up to you and saying hello? How bout a little bio. When did ya move etc.
wolfswest

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 08:04:58 am »

Welcome STeve,

Please tell us some stories of your car, I like it.  What happened to it?

take care,

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Susy

PowderPuff VW Racing Rocks

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 16:26:12 pm »

Steve - it was really great to see you!  Sorry that I did not know it was you at first.  You look great!

I really think those shorts should come out for the classic - that should be classified as a special occasion.

So many great memories with you in them.  Barb, Joanie & I would always hang out or around your club more than ours.  Your club had all the good looking guys in it (no offense DVB guys), but you were also younger, and more fun!  Any excuse to hang with DKK, we were there!

It will be great to catch up with you at the classic weekend!

See You Soon!

Susy

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia
Type 1 - 2400cc  48 IDA's - 12 Second Street Car - Pump Gas
PowderPuff VW Racing Coordinator
2009 & 2010 Series Two PowderPuff Champion
guillaume

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 17:10:21 pm »

STEEEVE! Stoked that you're finally here. Now... if we can only get Dave Fong, Alex Gonzales, and whomever else we're missing. I'm guessing that you're attending The Classic, in June, yes?

That was the most fun I had at a Bug-In since the O.C.I.R. ones. Not that the previous ones were bad, just a lot better since our family is slowly gettin' back together. Very cool, seeing you that day.

I just sent an email to Dave Fong to join us ;-) I hope he will join. He already shared some stories with me and apparently he had some very cool cars  Cool
Steve DKK
DKK

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 17:31:28 pm »

Susy,
Nice seeing you too.  Looking forward to June...

Story on the Ghia...  that was a Whittier Blvd street racing thing...  set up a street race with a Mustang, some kid with a 351, carb and headers.  Easy money...  Instant win when they asked if you had a Porsche Motor.   We made our way to Shoemaker to line up...  Anyway, the procedure was a third party would hold the money.  These guys were reluctant, ends up they did not have the money and were planning to collect if they won and split if they lost.  bad form...   i tried to get him to race for rotors.  (the loser is stranded there) no luck... So, he ended up taking a swing at me, got into a little fight, he got beat up a little.  I don't think he ever hit me.  it was a 5 second thing...  So when he left he backed up over the Ghia.  His back bumper was against my windshield tires still spinning.  I dove in his drivers window got a piece of the steering wheel and some hair and ended up letting go at about 20 mile an hour...   His name was "Rusty'... 
Lisa did the "OUCH" with lipstick.
Car ended up getting stolen way back when 1982.  I still expect to find it one day.

Today I have a 59 Vert, 66 type 2 and drag car in process...

Go fast, don't turn
Beth's English Bulls

Buggin me to have fun

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 00:02:58 am »

OMG.... Steve Wilkerson...Its Lisa Maxwells little sister Beth.  I am glad to see that I am not the only one who kept the vw magazines.  Glad to see you found the link!!  I went to Nicks on Friday  with the  red bug and did not recognize one person wow. 

Beth and Dylan Maxwell Wink
Rennsurfer

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 00:08:43 am »

I went to Nicks on Friday  with the  red bug and did not recognize one person wow. 

WOW! Beth... was your car a red '66 or '65? I think that I saw you pull in and park in the back. Wish I would've known that was you. Dunno if you remember me or not. At any rate, good to see you and Lisa back.

I just sent an email to Dave Fong to join us ;-) I hope he will join. He already shared some stories with me and apparently he had some very cool cars  Cool

Yep... already tried that, last year, with Dave. Guess time shall tell.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 00:10:15 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Steve DKK
DKK

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 01:00:14 am »

Beth,
Wow, try to show up with your sister to the Classic...
Did you really expect to recognize someone.  After 25 years you need a guide to reintroduce you.

Junior was mine giude Bug In.  I just happened to see the stickers on his 53

Go fast, don't turn
Rennsurfer

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 01:30:56 am »

HAHA!! All too true, Steve. But, hey... Junior has a '66. Unless, of course, you're referring to someone else.

Grin

~Sarge
DKK - Lisa
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 02:26:52 am »

Pick me!.... Pick me!....  I had a '53  Cheesy 
See, it's not just me that has memory issues.  You seem to have a couple of wires crossed too.  Wink
low oval
DKK

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 05:19:47 am »

Susy,
Nice seeing you too.  Looking forward to June...

Story on the Ghia...  that was a Whittier Blvd street racing thing...  set up a street race with a Mustang, some kid with a 351, carb and headers.  Easy money...  Instant win when they asked if you had a Porsche Motor.   We made our way to Shoemaker to line up...  Anyway, the procedure was a third party would hold the money.  These guys were reluctant, ends up they did not have the money and were planning to collect if they won and split if they lost.  bad form...   i tried to get him to race for rotors.  (the loser is stranded there) no luck... So, he ended up taking a swing at me, got into a little fight, he got beat up a little.  I don't think he ever hit me.  it was a 5 second thing...  So when he left he backed up over the Ghia.  His back bumper was against my windshield tires still spinning.  I dove in his drivers window got a piece of the steering wheel and some hair and ended up letting go at about 20 mile an hour...   His name was "Rusty'... 
Car ended up getting stolen way back when 1982.  I still expect to find it one day.

Today I have a 59 Vert, 66 type 2 and drag car in process...

Steve,
you should move this story to cruisin whittier blvd. thread that I started a couple of months ago.  great story, and I'm sure you have more.
jim smith

Rennsurfer

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 05:27:36 am »

So, he ended up taking a swing at me, got into a little fight, he got beat up a little.  I don't think he ever hit me.  it was a 5 second thing...  So when he left he backed up over the Ghia.  His back bumper was against my windshield tires still spinning.  I dove in his drivers window got a piece of the steering wheel and some hair and ended up letting go at about 20 mile an hour...   His name was "Rusty'... 

Dang. I had forgotten about that. I admire your determination to relocate your car, too. I hope that you find it. So many Cal Lookers were stolen back then.

~Sarge
Beth's English Bulls

Buggin me to have fun

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 07:13:17 am »

I think your right we need name tags or something.. LOL  My son was going to go with me until I told him I was taking the bug and not his car.  The red bug is a 66, dad wont let me change anything he thinks it should be all natural.  After Nicks and looking around I came home and called my dad and told him we had the only vw with the original steering wheel.  I am still laughing... He has got to let me change somethings on the bugs its driving me crazy..  Is Nicks every Friday??  How often does everyone get togther there?? 
Beth

Beth and Dylan Maxwell Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: