The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:11:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350685 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  VW's LIMITED, DKP I AND AUTO HAUS PHOTOS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: VW's LIMITED, DKP I AND AUTO HAUS PHOTOS  (Read 25405 times)
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2009, 18:42:06 pm »

john where's that clock  Huh......i would like to have the same clock  in my garage

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2009, 18:49:54 pm »

Fabs,
It kinda looks like a Pepsi clock with an Auto Haus sticker applied.
johnl

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2009, 19:15:08 pm »

john where's that clock  Huh......i would like to have the same clock  in my garage

I have no idea what ever happened to any of that stuff.  Remember I left Auto Haus after 10.5 years and they were around for a couple more.  Stuff like that no one ever thought would be collectable in years to come. 

My Dad owned and operated a Pepsi bottleing plant prior to us moving west in 1954.  I was weened on the stuff and we even had a fountain in our basement.  Today I prefer diet Coke and every time I take a drink I can hear my Dad grumbling.

I have a large NGK neon clock at home and am trying to find some place in my garage of 1584 sq. ft. to display it.  Does that give you an idea of how much crap I have??  Unfortunately a good amount of it is Chrysler related memorabila.  I have things such as huge blow up photos of Hemi engines that were used in commericals I did for Chrysler and even a sign photo from Bob Lutz when he was President of Chrysler along with a letter to me from him on his letterhead.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2009, 19:25:32 pm »

Well just that I knew you then.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
johnl

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2009, 19:35:31 pm »

If you come to Nick's next weekend please re-introduce yourself.  It has been a long time and I see faces, but can't put names with them.

I'll probably drive this:

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2009, 19:41:21 pm »

If you come to Nick's next weekend please re-introduce yourself.  It has been a long time and I see faces, but can't put names with them.

I'll probably drive this:

Will do John. Actually I met you at Cars & Coffee and we talked about 300s. I was there with Schwimmer and some of the other guys. this would be about a year and a half ago.

johnl

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2009, 19:55:44 pm »

Will do John. Actually I met you at Cars & Coffee and we talked about 300s. I was there with Schwimmer and some of the other guys. this would be about a year and a half ago.

Okay, looking forward to it.  A year and a half for me anymore is a long time.  I will be at Cars & Coffee in my regular spot and will probably dirve this, so if you attend please stop by.

Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2009, 20:03:24 pm »

Sounds good!

javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2009, 20:55:01 pm »

Do you have a regular rotation order that determines which car you drive?   Lips Sealed

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2009, 21:05:02 pm »

Hey John have you been on one of those "Cars the star" type programmes with your 300's  Huh Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
johnl

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2009, 21:06:06 pm »

Do you have a regular rotation order that determines which car you drive?   Lips Sealed

I try to drive them chronogolicy (sp), so I start with either the '55 New Yorker Wagon or Imperial and move through the Letter Cars.  Once that is done it is time the '63 VW and last the M5 and then it starts all over again.  Lately the VW has not been in the rotation due to being apart.  Hopefully that will change soon. Sad Sad Sad Sad

johnl

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2009, 21:13:21 pm »

Hey John have you been on one of those "Cars the star" type programmes with your 300's  Huh Smiley

Over the years I've done many commericals for Chrysler with the cars and several other shows.  Here is a segmet of a full program that was done on all 6 Chryslers two years ago.  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xBGSxqkS0sg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/xBGSxqkS0sg</a>

I've also had the cars in many books over the years.  Here is one of the latest that has (60) great photos of five of the Hemi cars.  http://www.amazon.com/Hemi-Muscle-Cars-Darwin-Holmstrom/dp/product-description/0760331723

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2009, 21:59:34 pm »

Here is a segmet of a full program that was done on all 6 Chryslers

I like your shirt ! Grin

johnl

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2009, 22:02:47 pm »

Here is a segmet of a full program that was done on all 6 Chryslers

I like your shirt ! Grin

Ah, you noticed. Wink Wink Wink

I purposely wore that shirt to make the statement and that was even before I got the fever bad again.  See, I've never really left the VW scene. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Lee.C

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2009, 22:09:41 pm »

Cool I thought I'd seen your face - I watch waayyyyyy to much tv  Cheesy

VERY VERY COOL cars dude - I noticed the VW shirt though Wink

johnl

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2009, 22:25:43 pm »

Jeeze, I hope my face hasn't shown up on America's Most Wanted.... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Lee.C

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2009, 22:38:38 pm »

Jeeze, I hope my face hasn't shown up on America's Most Wanted.... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Maybe on the lounges Mosy wanted  Cheesy Wink Smiley

I've been meaning to ask if you had ANY pic's of old dune buggies/manx's  Huh Smiley

johnl

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2009, 22:51:44 pm »

I just thought of another story regarding Ron Reeves.  After his VW days he bought a '65 Plymouth Belivder with a 426 wedge.  The car was jacked way up and Ron was a wild man behind the wheel.  I remember one night Christie and I were in the back seat coming down Harbor Blvd. in Fullerton.  We got into a drag race with something, but it was a long down hill run and we were flying!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ron managed to get the car sideways and I thought we were going to roll.  We had to be doing about 120.  Somehow he managed to get the thing straight, but I think all of us check our pants after that ride.

My first date with Christie was in the same type of car except it was a 383 with an Art Carr trans.  Long story of how I got this car, but a couple of times Ron and I raced them and I put him on the trailer each time.  That 383 was faster than a 426, but it could have been the drivers and transmissions.

Sometime later we used his car to go to Christie and Lori's senior prom.  Ron took us to the Beverly Hills Hotel for dinner.  When we left he did an awsom burnout.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

A photo below of the wild man..... Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2009, 00:48:39 am »

Will you be at Cars & Coffee this weekend?  More of you VW guys need to make a showing.

You're correct about that. I need to start going again. Been too busy, lately. I'm willing to bet that most of the gorgeous Chrysler cars that I've photographed there are yours, John.

Grin

I'll have to dig those out and post 'em up, here.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
johnl

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2009, 17:00:45 pm »

You're correct about that. I need to start going again. Been too busy, lately. I'm willing to bet that most of the gorgeous Chrysler cars that I've photographed there are yours, John.

They were probably mine as I'm the only one in the area that brings them out.  These are very rare in that in 11 years of production less that 17,000 were produced.  Some automotive aurthorities consider them the Duesenberg's of the 1950's and there are very few survivors today.

Little Haus

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2009, 05:49:14 am »

Once again at the Bug-In.  Left to right are Christie, Ed Craig, Stan Davis, Stan's unknown date, Bob (Hanious Backorderous) or (Horrible Hanson) Hanson, an Auto Haus employee and his family.  I think the camper to the right belonged to Ron or Lynn Rosevear.  Note the large Auto Haus sticker on the door.
The little one in this photo is Lenny Rosevear, Lynn Rosevear's youngest boy
Little Haus

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2009, 06:11:38 am »

Once again at the Bug-In.  Left to right are Christie, Ed Craig, Stan Davis, Stan's unknown date, Bob (Hanious Backorderous) or (Horrible Hanson) Hanson, an Auto Haus employee and his family.  I think the camper to the right belonged to Ron or Lynn Rosevear.  Note the large Auto Haus sticker on the door.
The little one in this photo is Lenny Rosevear, Lynn Rosevear's youngest boy
It has been great to see the early shots of Auto-Haus and the Warehouse as I literally grew up in all of these locations. Remember John, the beach store was opened ten days before I was born and to date I have the only birth certificate in the world showing "Owner of Auto-Haus" as Fathers ocupation. Please give Christy my best and the you both will always be like family to me.

Lee Rosevear
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2009, 08:26:17 am »

Hey John,

Here is a shot of my 67 looker in the mid 70's at the late Costa Mesa Autohaus. I was in town visiting for the holidays and took a shot in front of the store. My wife Anne went to Tustin High and she always stopped in to visit her Mom in Tustin while I hit all the VW shops.  Your pictures bring back a lot of memories of the time and era we all started enjoying the hobby in.

Rick Mortensen
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:28:15 am by rick m » Logged

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
johnl

« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2009, 19:13:31 pm »

Hey John,

Here is a shot of my 67 looker in the mid 70's at the late Costa Mesa Autohaus. I was in town visiting for the holidays and took a shot in front of the store. My wife Anne went to Tustin High and she always stopped in to visit her Mom in Tustin while I hit all the VW shops.  Your pictures bring back a lot of memories of the time and era we all started enjoying the hobby in.

Rick Mortensen

Rick,

Many great memories about that store and all of the employees and customers that passed through the doors.  There is not a time that I don't drive by there that thoses memories come back.

I'm still searching for more photos.

marc1951

« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2009, 19:49:39 pm »

I was pawing through my old photos and found some of the Auto Haus La Habra store.
Here are some of the outside................

The legendary DRA car club
(Der Rennmeister Association)
marc1951

« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2009, 19:55:42 pm »

and here are some inside photos of the Auto Haus La Habra store :
Note: there are no pictures of scantilly clad young ladies like Deano posted in another thread........sorry. <grin>
There are a few with some dufus standing behind the counter, though.

Marc
DRA

johnl

« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2009, 20:31:11 pm »

Marc looks just like the Hippie I remember... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  To bad you don't have photos of his assistants, (1) No Help and (2) Anti Help.  These two brothers were the owners sons and were given those names by none other than Ed Craig.

marc1951

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2009, 04:11:04 am »

Marc looks just like the Hippie I remember... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  To bad you don't have photos of his assistants, (1) No Help and (2) Anti Help.  These two brothers were the owners sons and were given those names by none other than Ed Craig.
[/quote

How about this hippie? This is me when I had the shop (Buehler and Lawrence) and before Auto Haus.  <grin>

Marc

turtle racer

Best Et 12.84 at 171 km/h

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2009, 07:49:03 am »

Great pics ! Thanks for posting johnl

I love the racer, gasser nostalgia.
http://turtleracer.skynetblogs.be/
nicolas

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2009, 08:33:45 am »

[/quote

How about this hippie? This is me when I had the shop (Buehler and Lawrence) and before Auto Haus.  <grin>

Marc

Roland is that a new hat you are wearing?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: