The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 16:26:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350645 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Lil Jay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Lil Jay  (Read 14699 times)
Paul Bahnstormerz

« on: July 23, 2009, 00:06:38 am »

Damn this was fine looking car, I have pics of what happened later but they suck

Paul Bahnstormerz

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 00:07:50 am »

on the back wheels
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:28:05 am »

One of the best looking UK race cars EVER.... I have some great pictures of this too.

Was this originally a white street car that later got turned into this? Or was that another car?

roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:33:20 am »

I think it was the same, very cool car.. Really sad ending.

Glitter don't make you faster.
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 09:05:21 am »

This?

Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 12:03:35 pm »

Now you all got me wondering what ill fate this bug met up with.

Common do tell !!

Wünderwaffe are Go!
vwcab

peter

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 12:10:39 pm »

Wasn't it distroyed on the first race(rollover)?

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 12:16:36 pm »

Some of the body parts along with another racer car of the time are in a scrap heap in walton Smiley
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 12:27:47 pm »

And another WPS racer that didn't last anywhere near long enough...  Cry

Apologies for the poor quality scans and the fact that the lens cover didn't properley open on one picture....

Paul Bahnstormerz

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 12:43:16 pm »

It flipped and rolled on it's debut weekend totally destroyed at the end of the strip, could post/send some pictures but it really ain't pretty!

Remembering the past, anybody remember KS's Flashback when it got out of shape launching at the pod, I remember thinking NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! That car when it was repainted gloss black is probably one of my favourite ever cars, does it still exist? I think it ended up in France?
Joe_G

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 13:00:01 pm »

That car when it was repainted gloss black is probably one of my favourite ever cars, does it still exist? I think it ended up in France?

Yeah, it's in France, still black but now has a green flame job Shocked
Liou

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 13:13:54 pm »

It flipped and rolled on it's debut weekend totally destroyed at the end of the strip, could post/send some pictures but it really ain't pretty!

Remembering the past, anybody remember KS's Flashback when it got out of shape launching at the pod, I remember thinking NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! That car when it was repainted gloss black is probably one of my favourite ever cars, does it still exist? I think it ended up in France?

it's steve morel in france bordeaux and this dad jack moral at boss super vw magazine

My 62 ragtop cal look
Paul Bahnstormerz

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 13:31:56 pm »

green flames?? It was bad ass plain black!!

anyone have a picture?
Frank LUX

Back...Soon...hopefully!!!

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 14:10:44 pm »

green flames?? It was bad ass plain black!!

anyone have a picture?

Better Not, you wouldn't like what you gonna see..... Cry Cry Cry

Frank

1960 Ragtop, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Joe Hunt Magneto, someday it will be back...
1953 Split Window, 1799cc, 48 IDA's, Don Zig Magneto,  OG BRM's...in da works...
SumFun Racecar, 2332cc, 48 IDA's, Magneto
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 14:24:25 pm »

Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
hector

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 20:06:30 pm »

lil jays motor and box ended up in the hembug untill recently and now lives in chris's 49 standard

outlawflatfour.com farmers division
hector

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 20:14:49 pm »

hems 49 with lil jays motor in the back Grin

outlawflatfour.com farmers division
Pas

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 20:28:50 pm »

Such a shame,beautiful car,I remember seeing it crash. Sad

Anybody know the reason for the accident.Was it another victim of the cross wind at the top end of the track.

You stay classy, Cal-look Lounge.
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 21:41:07 pm »

I just received a PB by Joe_G with a link to pictures of Lil' Jays demise. Thanks for those, they add the fear of speed and bad luck to my interest in racing, the flip side so to speak.

I don't want to offend any one, it sure is a bad thing and I hope Jay will race again or at least enjoys watching it. But don't you think this is the next best ending for a racecar (first being to never retire, only to be raced and raced and raced). Wouldn't you want to go out with a bang?

When I read it was scrapped I understood it just went out of fashion and was then parted out and left to rot on a scrapyard. Which would have been a much worse fate for such a nice racecar.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Neil Davies

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 08:54:45 am »

When I read it was scrapped I understood it just went out of fashion and was then parted out and left to rot on a scrapyard. Which would have been a much worse fate for such a nice racecar.

That's what happened to mine... Cry

I remember the day of Jay's crash - I was the previous car in that lane, but by the time I'd got out of my car after my run everything had gone quiet. Peter Englezos was in the other lane against Jay and he said at the time that the car was picked up by the wind as if it was a leaf, and it just went over in the air and slid on it's roof into the guardrail, hitting the left hand rail with the right hand front wheel. Fortunately Jay walked away and although he doesn't race anymore, he still comes to watch the racing on occasion.

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
flatfire

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 01:26:52 am »

How do you know your car has been scrapped ? It must have been possible to save it. It looked solid
nicolas

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 11:16:25 am »

it was a very nice car, i saw it only as a (cover?) shot of Volksworld and it blew me away, then i read what happened... very sad to hear it got crashed so soon (but maybe cars shouldn't crash at all... but it's what happens at some point, sometimes unfortunately
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 11:45:55 am »

i remember a similar thing happened to rudys car.

Got to Santa pod the day after the crash, was it also the same weekend that another race car wiped out?  Saw them collecting money for scrap upon arriving into Bugjam.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Neil Davies

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 08:37:34 am »

How do you know your car has been scrapped ? It must have been possible to save it. It looked solid

Peter, pm'd you!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
JSL

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 14:47:05 pm »

Yes it was an awesome car!

These are the only pics we have of it evolution when it was still white.

JSL

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 14:50:57 pm »

Then the stripped out version  Wink

Such a shame! One of my favorite cars too! One side of the crashed car hangs in Angus's work shop! Have some pics if it hanging in the work shop somewhere if you want me to dig them out?

Cheers,

J

JSL

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 14:59:32 pm »

Some of Lee's car too

AWESOME!!

I wont post the pics of how it ended up.

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 16:23:06 pm »

Speaking personally....

I have no problems with seeing cars that have been beaten up by the strip. Like the pictures of the DDS car, the old underdog and the famous pictire of IP too on the trailer....

Post em up.

Paul Bahnstormerz

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 17:36:33 pm »

OK Kaferboy, here was the aftermath  Undecided
lee-maynard

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 17:55:40 pm »

Sad
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: