The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:46:52 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350676 Posts in 28571 Topics by 6818 Members
Latest Member: Mk-Zero
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Why not run a bus 'box?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why not run a bus 'box?  (Read 2028 times)
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« on: August 07, 2009, 16:15:32 pm »

I’ve heard of people using a gearbox from a bus because of its strength. Actually this probably goes for built gearboxes. I also remember a picture Dave Greiner uploaded of fully detailed pan with an IRS bus transmission.

link

That makes me wonder, why then doesn’t anyone run a stock bus gearbox and swap the axles to get rid of the reduction boxes?

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
richie

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 20:39:46 pm »

I’ve heard of people using a gearbox from a bus because of its strength. Actually this probably goes for built gearboxes. I also remember a picture Dave Greiner uploaded of fully detailed pan with an IRS bus transmission.

link

That makes me wonder, why then doesn’t anyone run a stock bus gearbox and swap the axles to get rid of the reduction boxes?

you need to use a late bay box,they dont have reduction boxes,but the gear ratios as stock are useless,you end up using the case,ring and pinion and some other small pieces,thats all

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Udo

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 07:47:23 am »

link

A bus gearbox is too heavy and on this side of the continent we do not have much good tracks that you need one . I personaly run my gearbox 4 years since the ring and pinion or 1, gear breaks . I have 3-4 races on a good glued track , so i think it is ok . But you need good parts in your gearbox and a welded magnesium plate on it . All the work we do by our own

Udo

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: