The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 16:05:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  A-1 Sidewinder
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: A-1 Sidewinder  (Read 30361 times)
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2010, 13:14:49 pm »

That looks good Ted !  Cool

DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2010, 00:14:54 am »

Looks good buddy... Wink....How was the "Party"..?..Sorry I couldn't make it... I was wrapped up in truck repairs ..... Shocked...!!!
Thanks Randy, No prob, you got e-mail. Below are pics of the install today. Could not fire it up cause I need to get a plug for O2 senser hole. One problem, #4 flange does not sit real flat and has a very so slight gap. Will talk to Tiger on Monday, the last pic you might see the gap. After I start it I'll know for sure. Anyway, below are some pics of the sidewinder installed.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Jim Ratto

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2010, 21:58:09 pm »

Ted if you have an extra bypass relief valve cap for stock case, you can use that for a plug.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2010, 22:17:51 pm »

Hey Jim, that's exactly what I'm going to use. I have an old one I can put in to fire it up, will be going to Bill & Steves tomorrow to pick up the ones that you use an allen wrench on. I use those on my motors, works awesome, multi purpose.  Smiley

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2010, 23:02:51 pm »

Ted ..Did ya resolve the problem with the #4 flange...? try to loosen the other flanges and then do #4 first.... then the rest ..?

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Jim Ratto

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2010, 23:05:43 pm »

Hey Jim, that's exactly what I'm going to use. I have an old one I can put in to fire it up, will be going to Bill & Steves tomorrow to pick up the ones that you use an allen wrench on. I use those on my motors, works awesome, multi purpose.  Smiley

Ted

did you know you can use a front axle nut from linkpin bug as the bung?  Grin
I tried the stainless plug that came with my NGK AFR sensor... big mistake! Even with anti seize it took an Act of God (and lots of heat and swear words) to get it out of my header after 2 years.
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2010, 02:04:57 am »

Spark plug might be the same, too?  Yet another method to create confusion.  Run a spare lead out of sight and BOOM, instant head scratching. 

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Sarge

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2010, 04:53:44 am »

Spark plug might be the same, too?  Yet another method to create confusion.  Run a spare lead out of sight and BOOM, instant head scratching. 

Why not go the extra $100 if your going to screw a spark plug in the hole Grin

AUTO-LOC FLAME FLAME THROWER KIT      
FLAME THROWER KIT

Price: $94.95

Description of AUTO-LOC FLAME Thrower Kit

The exhaust flame thrower kit is a must have for all 1969 VW Cal Look Bugs with A-1 Sidewinder exhaust systems. The kit can make up to 20' flames shoot out your exhaust on command. The main control box will control 1 spark plug for optimal performance on single exhaust vehicles. Easy installation and detailed instruction insures compatibility with most exhaust systems. The kit includes control box, activation button, wire loom, and wire diagram. Please note the kit does not include the coil and spark plug needed for installation.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:56:26 am by Sarge » Logged

DKP III
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2010, 04:57:40 am »

The exhaust flame thrower kit is a must have for all 1969 VW Cal Look Bugs with A-1 Sidewinder exhaust systems. The kit can make up to 20' flames shoot out your exhaust on command. The main control box will control 1 spark plug for optimal performance on single exhaust vehicles. Easy installation and detailed instruction insures compatibility with most exhaust systems. The kit includes control box, activation button, wire loom, and wire diagram. Please note the kit does not include the coil and spark plug needed for installation.

You slay me, Sarge.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2010, 05:03:15 am »

FLAME THROWER KIT

And you can set your timing with the 20' flames.

I also park at Nick's.
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2010, 05:04:52 am »

And you can set your timing with the 20' flames.

How adolescent.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2010, 05:06:49 am »

FLAME THROWER KIT

Now there ya go, will have to have Tiger build some extra muffler's after I blow out the inside's of them. LOL Now wait now....have tiger build a short muffler like he does now and have it facing just out the finder.....Hey Sarge, may have something there.... Roll Eyes... Wink... Grin

VW Classic 2012
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2010, 03:37:55 am »

UPDATE! Talked to Tiger and came up with a solution, and problem fixed. Gotta say, Tiger is a standup guy. Will always buy his products. Thanks Tiger if ya out there!

Ted  Grin

VW Classic 2012
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: