The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 22:09:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350867 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  ok! here we go! 67 vs 67
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ok! here we go! 67 vs 67  (Read 4267 times)
nicolas

« on: July 23, 2007, 10:42:16 am »

what are ALL the differences between the US spec and european model?

there seem to be a lotof differences (just read a post about US not having disks...) very funny considering the US was strickter on safety regulations, but that also explains why Art's car has the 1500 logo and isn't a 4 lug car...

anyway have fun finding out all the facts are just posting them!!!
thehanz DVK

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 11:28:39 am »

okay small start then

european 1500 disk brake with 4 lug and 12 v slope headlights

european 1300 5 lug 6 v and slope headlights

67 bug ragtop 091 berg 5. 2276cc 48 Ida
beetletom

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 12:04:55 pm »

us spec towel rail bumpers (optional extra on euro spec cars)
us cars have sb12 headlights?
us cars have those slide out lap belts

only 1500 67's had 4 stud, and disc brakes up front.
the rest had drum brakes.
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »

Euro 1500cc '67's had one year/continent only 4 lug drums which took the early narrow shoes Grin

Oh and an obvious one, Euro 67's had Amber and Red rear Lenses

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
H67bug

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 12:45:46 pm »

US 67's only played US radio stations.  Tongue

.. i'll get me coat.  Grin
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 13:46:56 pm »

there are a lot of Differences in 67's  Early & Late Production Euro & US Spec's Ok here are a few things that are Differnt (Early 67) sun visor clip is a straight push in type,front seats have the back rest release at the bottom same as 66, August 66 threw late March 67 SB 12 Headlight rings were used,early 67's had the VW with a raised ring around it on the Gas Cap,early 67's had chrome radio knobs, late 67's sun visor clip was a hook type visor cliped in from top (like 68's) front seat baks had the seat back release on the top side of the seat back,standard chrome headlight rings were used after late march NOT SB 12's, late 67's used a flat top gas cap with the a small VW logo stamped in,late Jan. radio's came with the black rubber safety knob,also around june 67 VW started using  68 model right rear 1/4 panels how you can tell is in the back 1/4 under the fender by where the tail light wires come out  above the bumper bracket the 1/4 panal has a pressed in Diamond shaped raised panel which on a 68 and later this Diamond shaped piece was a hole for the Automatic trans Fluid tank, The VW Factory used parts from Past Production and Pre Production cars,Even on the assembly line as a fender for a black car might have came down the line and it was not good enough so sometimes the car would get a different color fender  installed that had been repainted, I myself have had three Vw's witch I have redone with Original paint on the car and when it was striped we Found a Different color under the Originial VW Sealer...On  Early and Late 67 Convertibles early Body use wood around the back section like a 66, also uses a chrome molding on the upper and lower bow of the Top, on a Late 67 Top the Body dose not use wood in the lower rear VW installed a Channel that a cable runs threw the late top still used the lower molding but the top bow molding was deleted....  Euro Models are much the same except the early headlights,bumpers,lock steering,no 4 way flashers,disc brakes,4 lug instead of 5, red and amber tail light lenses, 1300 & 1500 engines were offered,6 volt, also the VW-1500, VW-15oo,VW-1300 Deck Lid Emblem were used only on the european cars, also on Euro cars the Pass Side Door Handle was Non Locking (no key slot)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 04:32:01 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 15:49:27 pm »

Next time you could use comas and points and "got to the next line"..  Smiley

Glitter don't make you faster.
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 19:00:34 pm »

Next time you could use comas and points and "got to the next line"..  Smiley
LOL Dont Expect to much this is all typed with One Finger LOL  us Old Goats did not take typing classes in school?? come to think of it  when I was in School I dont think they Made Typewriter's yet? Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 19:51:28 pm »

Pretty Good job Shubee. The only addition I'll make is that the US Code '67s just had a block lettered "Volkswagen" name plate on the decklid.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 23:19:03 pm »

Pretty Good job Shubee. The only addition I'll make is that the US Code '67s just had a block lettered "Volkswagen" name plate on the decklid.
LOL Rick  Grin  Thanks Grin Grin Grin Grin its all I could Remember when you get old you start to Forget everything...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 23:22:58 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Cornpanzer

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 03:34:44 am »

LOL Rick  Grin  Thanks Grin Grin Grin Grin its all I could Remember when you get old you start to Forget everything...

Its clearly a "period distribution" problem, when you use three periods at the end of one sentence and none anywhere else!   Grin

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 04:35:45 am »

Its clearly a "period distribution" problem, when you use three periods at the end of one sentence and none anywhere else!   Grin
LOL  Its clearly a "period distribution" problem " WOW " now I Know... I will ask the DR... Next time I see Him...  Grin Grin Grin

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: