The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 21:32:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  and what did you get in the mail today?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 184 Print
Author Topic: and what did you get in the mail today?  (Read 1680098 times)
deano

« Reply #4620 on: October 11, 2012, 16:13:25 pm »

That photo doesn't even come close to fully show what lies inside this building. Imagine 10x this! Original Empi stuff, very little DDS, but parts and engines back to the early '70s... cars too.. More on this later.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
restojohnny

« Reply #4621 on: October 11, 2012, 16:35:39 pm »

Barn find deluxe....

what are you doing in "MY BACKYARD"   Smiley

Magnesium BRM hoarding bastard !!!

**SURE I'LL SELL IT TO YOU : ) **

EMPI KICK'S ASS EMPI KICK'S ASS
O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 original convertible GTV 
67 euro squareback
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #4622 on: October 11, 2012, 17:09:22 pm »

Yup, it's amazing what you'll find in the back room at the HVWs office...

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Eddie DVK

« Reply #4623 on: October 11, 2012, 22:32:43 pm »

Barn find deluxe....

Whoooooo  Shocked

Regards Edgar

" Type 4, it is a completely different engine. You have to drive one to understand! "
deano

« Reply #4624 on: October 11, 2012, 22:36:46 pm »

Barn find deluxe....

Whoah I shudder to think if there really is a pc in that Gateway box.. .Terrible devices.

I think that Gateway "cowputer" was first to go!

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
nlvtinman

« Reply #4625 on: October 12, 2012, 05:26:33 am »

Seems like a good place for a filming of "American Pickers" We know that Mike is a VW guy...he can have Frank help him haul out the "loot".
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #4626 on: October 12, 2012, 06:33:21 am »

Seems like a good place for a filming of "American Pickers" We know that Mike is a VW guy...he can have Frank help him haul out the "loot".

I believe he is a "Voteswagen" guy Roll Eyes

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
70slooker

hello

« Reply #4627 on: October 12, 2012, 06:50:26 am »

i saw the pawnstar guys got a bug and im sure the bald guy called it a voteswagen too

Zündfolge Car Club
Wout

« Reply #4628 on: October 12, 2012, 21:42:51 pm »

gr
Wout

Aircooled vw's for life!
http://aircooled-wout.fotopages.com/
IP359

« Reply #4629 on: October 13, 2012, 08:38:01 am »

An other car in my (small) garage
 Grin

Jos

« Reply #4630 on: October 14, 2012, 02:12:49 am »

I think you got that one from me Smiley
Neil Davies

« Reply #4631 on: October 14, 2012, 09:14:32 am »

i saw the pawnstar guys got a bug and im sure the bald guy called it a voteswagen too

VWoA probably don't like anybody except them using the word Volkswagen...

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
70slooker

hello

« Reply #4632 on: October 14, 2012, 14:47:37 pm »

oh yeah! i never thought about that, that would explain a lot then

Zündfolge Car Club
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #4633 on: October 14, 2012, 21:49:32 pm »

Billet crank and rods for my turbo 3 liter

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
hotrodsurplus

It's not how fast you go; it's how you go fast.

« Reply #4634 on: October 15, 2012, 21:17:50 pm »

oh yeah! i never thought about that, that would explain a lot then

Uhhh...Volkswagen has no bearing on who says any of its trademarked words. It's part of the Fair Use Doctrine, the same principle that lets news organizations use the brand name in the course of their work. Otherwise companies like BP would invoke a no-name mandate whenever its wells fail and fill the Gulf of Mexico with tar balls. Would be convenient, no?

Where Volkswagen draws the distinction is when other parties use the brand name to promote their own business (i.e. naming your shop with the maker's trademarked words). Shops can advertise that they repair or sell parts for Volkswagens (and Saabs and Chevrolets and whatever) but can't use any of the trademarked words (Clem's VW Repair for example) in their business names or use the makers' logos in their advertisements without Volkswagen's consent.

This is a far simpler case, though. People mispronounce Volkswagen (or library or nuclear or croissant or Porsche) largely because they're mouth-breathing idiots. The Pawnstars cast is a great example. The desert does weird shit to peoples' brains. And I know firsthand; I did 20 years in that godforsaken valley (I'm from Vegas; what's your excuse?).  Grin   

back to parts in the mail...

Chris Shelton. Professional liar.
vwcab

peter

« Reply #4635 on: October 15, 2012, 23:05:55 pm »

[quote author=WCB الكالسيوم نظرة العرب المسافرون link=topic=1349.msg275039#msg275039 date=1350247772]
Billet crank and rods for my turbo 3 liter
[/quote]
Hi Steve,are you building a new engine for your black '67?

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #4636 on: October 16, 2012, 03:51:03 am »

Where Volkswagen draws the distinction is when other parties use the brand name to promote their own business (i.e. naming your shop with the maker's trademarked words). Shops can advertise that they repair or sell parts for Volkswagens (and Saabs and Chevrolets and whatever) but can't use any of the trademarked words (Clem's VW Repair for example) in their business names or use the makers' logos in their advertisements without Volkswagen's consent.

The previous comments were clearly tongue in cheek, but none the less, I don't see how clever names such as "Vee Dub Parts" hurts Volkswagens bottom line one iota. They're just being assholes, and that will keep my butt out of any new VW.

hotrodsurplus

It's not how fast you go; it's how you go fast.

« Reply #4637 on: October 16, 2012, 04:05:43 am »

The previous comments were clearly tongue in cheek

That I was potentially stating the obvious nagged at me as I wrote that but it was the perfect opportunity to call television personalities idiots. I'm a fool and fools can be noble. Idiocy...not so much.

none the less, I don't see how clever names such as "Vee Dub Parts" hurts Volkswagens bottom line one iota.

I really don't see how it could either. Nor could I see how Volkswagen could suffer if an independent shop used an image of a vehicle that has a giant Volkswagen logo as part of its nose design (Wolfgang Intl?). I mean Volkswagen put it there in the first place! But Volkswagen has a legal team directing in. Which raises another issue: The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

They're just being assholes, and that will keep my butt out of any new VW.

Volkswagen's pricing and quality-control issues will keep my butt out of a new VW. Every corporation is picky about people using its copyrighted information.

Chris Shelton. Professional liar.
stealth67vw

« Reply #4638 on: October 16, 2012, 05:25:36 am »

The previous comments were clearly tongue in cheek, but none the less, I don't see how clever names such as "Vee Dub Parts" hurts Volkswagens bottom line one iota. They're just being assholes, and that will keep my butt out of any new VW.
X 100,000,000,000,000. I would say  "F" VWOA but they might sue me for slander.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #4639 on: October 16, 2012, 05:29:21 am »

Hey bro if you keep your butt out of a new VW that's your mistake. especially the TDI versions...I'd about 100% guarantee my friend the recent   " v dub parts"    crap had nothing at all to do with VW.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:31:30 am by Jason Foster » Logged

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
guillaume

« Reply #4640 on: October 16, 2012, 09:54:50 am »

I just received this baby today Smiley
guillaume

« Reply #4641 on: October 16, 2012, 10:00:27 am »

And some NOS 70's fiberglass skateboards Smiley
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #4642 on: October 16, 2012, 13:57:19 pm »

Hey bro if you keep your butt out of a new VW that's your mistake. especially the TDI versions...I'd about 100% guarantee my friend the recent   " v dub parts"    crap had nothing at all to do with VW.

I love the technology, but I can not support that company. I could understand VW's angle if they supported the owners of their classic cars (like MB does), but far as I can tell, they'd rather see the aircooled cars disappear.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 14:02:42 pm by Zach Gomulka » Logged

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #4643 on: October 16, 2012, 15:06:58 pm »

Zach, so what about the Volkswagen Classic operation, supplying and manufacturing early parts? Also, did you know the senior designer at Wiolfsburg, Andreas Mindt, drives a big Type 4-motored early-'60s Beetle? Would rather drive a modern VW than apologise for a Honda... Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Zach Gomulka

« Reply #4644 on: October 16, 2012, 15:26:31 pm »

I knew about Andreas, but not so much about VW Classics. If it is operated the same way as the MB parts is (with high quality parts available from your local dealer) I would be very impressed.
As far as the Honda quip... I work on all types of cars every day, and in my humble opinion, on average the Japanese cars are screwed together much simpler, and better than the ones from Germany.  Roll Eyes

OC1967vw

« Reply #4645 on: October 16, 2012, 20:55:29 pm »

4 Weber 48IDA carburetors. Sand cast aluminum serial numbered. Sat in a garage for the last 40 years. Purchased for a V8 project that was never completed. Have the original open ball bearing units on the throttle shafts with the leather sealing washer/spring assemblies. Those will be changed out and substitute the sealed self lubricated bearing units.  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 00:20:10 am by OC1967vw » Logged
carlito421

« Reply #4646 on: October 16, 2012, 21:55:27 pm »

And some NOS 70's fiberglass skateboards Smiley

nice!

deano

« Reply #4647 on: October 17, 2012, 21:33:14 pm »

An early birthday present.....The real deal! Original blueprints for the 88mm Mahle biral cylinders, dated April 1971. Signed and approved by Joe and Darrell Vittone.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:55:08 am by deano » Logged

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
bugnut68

« Reply #4648 on: October 17, 2012, 21:50:24 pm »

Yup, well put.  VWOA can eat a big old bowl of shit IMO, as well.
70slooker

hello

« Reply #4649 on: October 18, 2012, 04:06:12 am »

An early birthday present.....The real deal! Original blueprints for the 88mm Mahle biral cylinders, dated April 1971. Signed and approved by Joe and Darrell Vittone.

wow! thats fantastic!

Zündfolge Car Club
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 184 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: